Dimensional travels memory leak

dex3r

Hi! I dont know if this is appropriate section, so pls move, not delete, if its not.

I am playing Direwolf20's ModPack from FTB. There is, inter alia, MystCraft. With that mod i used to travel inter some dimensions a lot. But, unfortunely, there is memory leak, which makes my client to laggy much after many that travels. After deep testing, I am sure, that its not MystCraft, MinecraftForge, Optifine nor any of my CoreMods issue. That gave me a list of only... 35 mods... Now I have no idea where even start my testing, to find guilty mod:

Additional Pipes

Buildcraft

ChickenChunks

Compact Solars

Computer Craft

EE3

EdnerStorage

ExtraBiomesXL

Factorization

Forestry

GravityGun

IC2 Nuclear Controll

IC2

Inv tweaks

Ironchest

Misc Peripherals

Modular Force Field System

Gravity Suite

NEIPlugins

NEI RedPower Plugin

Obsidian Plates

Omni Tools

Portal Gun

Railcraft

RedPower Compat

RedPower Core

RedPower Digital

RedPower Mechanical

Soul Shards

Thaumcraft

Thermal Expanstion

Therman Expansin NEI

WR-CBE Core

WR-CBE RedPower

Xycraft

So maybe any of you have any idea which of these mods it is, or at least could be (then I could test with that mod, and check if the problem still occurs). Please help, I cant play with that at all :(

Ok, using Quicksort technique I am now 100% sure, that this is Modular Force Field System issue :D Haha fortunately I was not planning to use that mod at all.

BTW. I have newest version of IC2, MFFS and Forge and already reported the issue in MFFS bugtracker.

There is a forum dedicated specifically to FTB. If you're certain that it's not Forge, then why did you post it here of all places? Next time, I'd suggest asking at the Feed-The-Beast Forums. You're much more likely to get help with problems regarding FTB there.

Check out my

Texture Packs Thread here on the Forge Forum. :)

Currently in the process of adding some mod support for JohnSmith Texture Pack.

width=105 height=12https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_21351[/img]

width=209 height=19https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_772852[/img]

This memory leak is a vanilla bug, it even happens if you switch between worlds alot.

No, without MFFS I have no memory leaks. Tested many times.

[quote author=Zero link=topic=4530.msg26340#msg26340

date=1356929998]

There is a forum dedicated specifically to FTB. If you're certain that it's not Forge, then why did you post it here of all places? Next time, I'd suggest asking at the Feed-The-Beast Forums. You're much more likely to get help with problems regarding FTB there.

Its about mods, not specified FTB pack, thats why I aksed here, since IMHO here I can find more proffesional people.