Potion

calclavia

I noticed the potionTypes array has a limited amount (32) of potions a mod can add. Can Forge increase this array to a number big like 4096 so there won't be potion ID conflicts? I currently have two potion effects and 2/32 is a lot (not counting the vanilla potions).

I could do a pull request if you want.

I don't seem any people using this, but, even in your own code you could easily expand this array to whatever you want.

If your mod uses ids that are > then the current size, resize and preserve the array.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I don't seem any people using this, but, even in your own code you could easily expand this array to whatever you want.

If your mod uses ids that are > then the current size, resize and preserve the array.

Yes but that counts as modifying base files which is not really a good way to do it...

Correct me if I am wrong, but what you are telling me to do is to change Potion.potionTypes[32] into [4096]? Or do you mean something else? I can't change the array because it is public static FINAL so it's not replaceable...

What Lex means is that through reflection you can resize it if it is too small for your use, without base edits.

Thank you. Now that was actually helpful :) I didn't know what reflection was until you mentioned it.

Reflection is one of the black magics of java (the other being custom classloaders).  It can bypass security restrictions, change the unchangeable, and easily make you incompatible with other things that use reflection on similar things if not careful.  ;)