[Solved] Invisible Entities HELP!

calclavia

Hi,

I'm rather inexperienced in Minecraft Forge, so please excuse this "noob" question. I created a new type of TNT in my mod and the problem is I'm not sure how to convert it to SMP. I read the FML guides and I made it work. The only problem is that the TNT primed entity won't render and is invisible. It also doesn't show any explosion animation or sound. Can anyone please help me with this?

- Calclavia

Make sure you are using the absolute latest Forge (3.1.3.102). That is most likely the problem.

I am using the latest Forge. This is the first time for me to create a SMP mod so I really need help on porting my mod to multiplayer. Most likely it is my mod's problem. I added the Minecraft Forge entity tracker and stuff said on most tutorials but I am still not clear on how to make my entities render in the client side. (I noticed the client side had this statement: if(!world.isRemote)) and I am not sure on how to make non-mob entities to render in the game...

I am using the latest Forge. This is the first time for me to create a SMP mod so I really need help on porting my mod to multiplayer. Most likely it is my mod's problem. I added the Minecraft Forge entity tracker and stuff said on most tutorials but I am still not clear on how to make my entities render in the client side. (I noticed the client side had this statement: if(!world.isRemote)) and I am not sure on how to make non-mob entities to render in the game...

They work fine in Single Player?  The code for Single Player is identical for the Multi Player client in terms of rendering.

You are sure that everything is registered properly?  A reduced test case of code would help.

They work fine in Single Player?  The code for Single Player is identical for the Multi Player client in terms of rendering.

You are sure that everything is registered properly?  A reduced test case of code would help.

Yes they do work in single player perfectly. It works in multiplayer too also perfectly except for the entities not rendering and the animations and sound fxs not playing.

I wrote this code on both the single player and the server. This block is basically a TNT to sum it up in a few words.

MinecraftForge.registerEntity(net.minecraft.src.EntityAdvanceTNTPrimed.class, this, 252, 20, 2, true);

Did I miss something? The TNT becomes invisible/disappears once it becomes primed.

To clarify my problem, this is what I get when I play my mod on multiplayer:

Before I power the TNT with redstone (before the TNT is primed):

Before.png

After I power the TNT with redstone (when the TNT is primed):

After.png

The ONLY code I used from Minecraft Forge to register this entity is MinecraftForge.registerEntity(). I don't have any other code about registering this entity except for this line:

MinecraftForge.registerEntity(net.minecraft.src.EntityAdvanceTNTPrimed.class, this, 252, 20, 2, true);

The code for the TNT is basically the same as the vanilla code for the TNT, but modified to fit my needs.

Is there something I did wrong?

P.S You may test out the mod here: http://calclavia.com/ICBM/