Question about running existing forge mods from eclipse

GuardStar

Greetings Everyone,

I have what I hope is a simple question. I was wondering how you go about adding an existing mod without having the source files. I tried placing one in the \forge\mcp\jars\mods folder and when I start it from eclipse forge does report (in the console) that it found the mod but it then fails to load it and all i get is a black screen.

is this even possible?

thanks

GuardStar

GuardStar

Thanks for the replies.

I did a little more digging and at the ComputerCraft forum i was able to find a solution that worked for me.  There was a reference to a tool called bearded-octo-nemesis which uses MCP to deobfuscate existing mods. I does not decompile the mod so the source is still not readable but it does allow you to link to it as a library and run it inside eclipse. forge detects the mod and loads it. I am not sure if it will work with all the mods but it did allow me to run ComputerCraft from inside eclipse. Here is a link to the github repository if anyone else is interested in looking into it.

https://github.com/immibis/bearded-octo-nemesis

GuardStar