Faulty Terrain Scan

clowcadia

Working on a terrain scanner that starts scanning from a block position:1 north  a east, b west & 2 south a east, b west for loop on directions (not sure its accuracy yet)

I have made a class for it as utility, where it checks each block position scanning if its in ground or in air. if its in ground it should go up through a loop in position coordinates till it it is no more ground and record the top gound(dirt/grass/stone), its its in the air(air/log/leaf) bring the position coordinates down till there is no more air and the under the last block of air record the ground block

Here is my git, and the specific method i am dealing with

and now ill show you what the problem is

[00:38:45] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]:  BLOCK Block{minecraft:grass} POS BlockPos{x=90, y=63, z=257}
[00:38:45] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]:  BLOCK Block{minecraft:dirt} POS BlockPos{x=94, y=63, z=257}
[00:38:45] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]:  BLOCK Block{minecraft:stone} POS BlockPos{x=99, y=63, z=257}
[00:38:45] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]:  BLOCK Block{minecraft:stone} POS BlockPos{x=105, y=63, z=257}
[00:38:45] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]:  BLOCK Block{minecraft:stone} POS BlockPos{x=105, y=63, z=262}
[00:38:45] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]:  BLOCK Block{minecraft:stone} POS BlockPos{x=104, y=63, z=262}
[00:38:45] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]:  BLOCK Block{minecraft:stone} POS BlockPos{x=102, y=63, z=262}
[00:38:45] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]:  BLOCK Block{minecraft:dirt} POS BlockPos{x=99, y=63, z=262}
[00:38:45] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]:  BLOCK Block{minecraft:dirt} POS BlockPos{x=95, y=63, z=262}
[00:38:45] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]:  BLOCK Block{minecraft:dirt} POS BlockPos{x=90, y=63, z=262}

I have checked where the stones are too, in-closed by dirt and grass

Edited by clowcadia
to note

There are so many things wrong here....Why are you using | instead of ||?

Anyway, your problem is thus:

1a. for(int u = 1;
 b.   isGround(pos.up(u));
 c.   u++){
2.         if(isAir(pos.up(u))) {
3.             floor = pos.up(u-1);
4.         }
5. }

Line 1a executes: u = 1

Line 1b executes: the block is dirt, returns true

Line 2 executes: returns false (it was ground, so it cannot be air)

Line 4 executes [end of loop, returning to top]

Line 1c executes: u = 2

Line 1b executes: the block is air, returns false

Line 5 executes [end of block]

And you would know this without wasting my time if:

a) you doodled on some paper and tried running through it yourself

b) you used the debugger that God gave you and watched your code execute

Edited by Draco18s

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

What happens if a block is neither air nor ground?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

based on this, it should technically register as something.. though

private boolean isGround(BlockPos pos){
        return (getBlock(pos) == Blocks.DIRT || getBlock(pos) == Blocks.GRASS) || getBlock(pos) == Blocks.STONE;
    }

private boolean isAir(BlockPos pos){
        return getBlock(pos).isAir(getIBS(pos),this.world,pos) ||
                ( getBlock(pos) == Blocks.LOG || getBlock(pos) == Blocks.LOG2) ||
                (getBlock(pos) == Blocks.LEAVES || getBlock(pos) == Blocks.LEAVES2);
    }

i am missing tall grass but yea

6 minutes ago, clowcadia said:

based on this, it should technically register as something.. though

private boolean isGround(BlockPos pos){
        return (getBlock(pos) == Blocks.DIRT || getBlock(pos) == Blocks.GRASS) || getBlock(pos) == Blocks.STONE;
    }

private boolean isAir(BlockPos pos){
        return getBlock(pos).isAir(getIBS(pos),this.world,pos) ||
                ( getBlock(pos) == Blocks.LOG || getBlock(pos) == Blocks.LOG2) ||
                (getBlock(pos) == Blocks.LEAVES || getBlock(pos) == Blocks.LEAVES2);
    }

i am missing tall grass but yea

What? This is a list of all vanilla blocks. You're missing more than just tall grass.

I know, i have a similar page open, but i am just testing it in somewhat controlled enviorment, its testing a 15x15 area in a forest, yes there are flowers but i dont think there is that many flowers to give me the results of air and stone of such amount

11 minutes ago, clowcadia said:

Question: can i edit code while i debug? with this specific situation

If you mean "Can I edit code while running the game", it depends on your IDE (but most of them have this feature). Eclipse has a little green beetle button next to the play button that runs the game in debug mode. While in debug mode, any non-breaking edits will be instantly noticeable in-game. If you make a breaking edit, Eclipse will tell you that you need to relaunch the game before the edit has an effect. I'm not sure about Intellij though.

Edited by TheMasterGabriel
  • Like 1

Should be able to with IntelliJ too.

But yes, it depends on the IDE.

Mind, there are some bits of your code that even if you make non-breaking edits, won't affect the running code, because that part already ran and won't run again. E.g. changes to constructors, your main class, etc.  The objects aren't reinitialized, just that their methods are updated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clowcadia said:

yes just want to try and fix the issues, in my head sudo wise its meant to work right but i am missing something

SUDO = Super User DO

Pseudo = "fake"

And yes, you are. You are incorrectly determining the end of the loop and the set-floor position booleans.  If it finds a floor, then the loop exits, right?  In which case make it so that when it sets the floor the loop exits. There's a dozen ways to do this and all of them fail proof. You're trying to use two checks that don't have an inverse relationship (i.e. isGround(state) == !isAir(state) is not true for all possible blockstates).

Again:

What happens if the column at the search location contains a tree? (Log on top of dirt)

Edited by Draco18s
  • Like 2

How about tall grass?

Flowers?

Fences?

Farmland?

Cobblestone?

Gravel?

Sand?

Sandstone?

Water?

Snow?

Ice?

Arbitrary mod-added block?

Your if-statements are poorly defined as "isAir() == !isGround()" is not a tautology.

What happens if your code encounters a cave (stone, air, stone)?

Surprise.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Flower#Data_values

There's three.

Edited by Draco18s
  • Like 1

That's precisely what it is.  A top half and a bottom half.

• Like 1

Damn it, now i got a crash from these 2 lines

82 20

[15:10:18] [Client thread/INFO] [testmod]: ItemTarget: onItemUse
[15:10:18] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]: ItemTarget: onItemUse
[15:10:18] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]: ItemTarget: onItemUse: 0
[15:10:20] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]: Test: initEntityAI
[15:10:20] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]: AIGoto: Constructor
[15:10:20] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]: Test: writeEntityFromNBT
[15:10:20] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]: Test: readEntityFromNBT
[15:10:21] [Client thread/INFO] [testmod]: Test: processInteract
[15:10:21] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]: Test: processInteract
[15:10:21] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]: GuiHandler: Constructor
[15:10:21] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]: ContainerBasic: Constructor
[15:10:21] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]: Test: getCapability
[15:10:21] [Client thread/INFO] [testmod]: GuiHandler: getClientGuiElement
[15:10:21] [Client thread/INFO] [testmod]: ContainerBasic: Constructor
[15:10:21] [Client thread/INFO] [testmod]: Test: getCapability
[15:10:21] [Client thread/INFO] [testmod]: GuiBasic: Constructor
[15:10:23] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]: AIGoto: startExecuting
[15:10:23] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]: SL2
[15:10:23] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]: EL7
[15:10:23] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]: NL1
[15:10:23] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]: WL3
[15:10:24] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Ticking entity
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:800) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tick(MinecraftServer.java:698) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.tick(IntegratedServer.java:156) ~[IntegratedServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:547) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_121]
Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 1
	at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:653) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
	at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:429) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
	at com.clowcadia.test.utils.TreeArea.<init>(TreeArea.java:20) ~[TreeArea.class:?]
	at com.clowcadia.test.entities.living.ai.AIGoto.updateTask(AIGoto.java:82) ~[AIGoto.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAITasks.onUpdateTasks(EntityAITasks.java:112) ~[EntityAITasks.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.updateEntityActionState(EntityLiving.java:845) ~[EntityLiving.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.onLivingUpdate(EntityLivingBase.java:2466) ~[EntityLivingBase.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.onLivingUpdate(EntityLiving.java:639) ~[EntityLiving.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityAgeable.onLivingUpdate(EntityAgeable.java:194) ~[EntityAgeable.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.entity.passive.EntityAnimal.onLivingUpdate(EntityAnimal.java:46) ~[EntityAnimal.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.onUpdate(EntityLivingBase.java:2292) ~[EntityLivingBase.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.onUpdate(EntityLiving.java:343) ~[EntityLiving.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.world.World.updateEntityWithOptionalForce(World.java:2108) ~[World.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.updateEntityWithOptionalForce(WorldServer.java:875) ~[WorldServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.world.World.updateEntity(World.java:2075) ~[World.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.world.World.updateEntities(World.java:1888) ~[World.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.updateEntities(WorldServer.java:647) ~[WorldServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:794) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
	... 4 more
[15:10:24] [Server thread/ERROR]: This crash report has been saved to: C:\Users\Andre\OneDrive\Documents\Development\MinecraftForge\1.11\NPCTesting\run\.\crash-reports\crash-2017-03-28_15.10.24-server.txt
[15:10:24] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
[15:10:24] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [net.minecraft.init.Bootstrap:printToSYSOUT:600]: ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Oops.

Time: 3/28/17 3:10 PM
Description: Ticking entity

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 1
	at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:653)
	at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:429)
	at com.clowcadia.test.utils.TreeArea.<init>(TreeArea.java:20)
	at com.clowcadia.test.entities.living.ai.AIGoto.updateTask(AIGoto.java:82)
	at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAITasks.onUpdateTasks(EntityAITasks.java:112)
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.updateEntityActionState(EntityLiving.java:845)
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.onLivingUpdate(EntityLivingBase.java:2466)
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.onLivingUpdate(EntityLiving.java:639)
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityAgeable.onLivingUpdate(EntityAgeable.java:194)
	at net.minecraft.entity.passive.EntityAnimal.onLivingUpdate(EntityAnimal.java:46)
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.onUpdate(EntityLivingBase.java:2292)
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.onUpdate(EntityLiving.java:343)
	at net.minecraft.world.World.updateEntityWithOptionalForce(World.java:2108)
	at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.updateEntityWithOptionalForce(WorldServer.java:875)
	at net.minecraft.world.World.updateEntity(World.java:2075)
	at net.minecraft.world.World.updateEntities(World.java:1888)
	at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.updateEntities(WorldServer.java:647)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:794)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tick(MinecraftServer.java:698)
	at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.tick(IntegratedServer.java:156)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:547)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Thread: Client thread
Stacktrace:
	at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:653)
	at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:429)
	at com.clowcadia.test.entities.living.ai.AIGoto.updateTask(AIGoto.java:82)
	at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAITasks.onUpdateTasks(EntityAITasks.java:112)
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.updateEntityActionState(EntityLiving.java:845)
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.onLivingUpdate(EntityLivingBase.java:2466)
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.onLivingUpdate(EntityLiving.java:639)
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityAgeable.onLivingUpdate(EntityAgeable.java:194)
	at net.minecraft.entity.passive.EntityAnimal.onLivingUpdate(EntityAnimal.java:46)
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.onUpdate(EntityLivingBase.java:2292)
	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.onUpdate(EntityLiving.java:343)
	at net.minecraft.world.World.updateEntityWithOptionalForce(World.java:2108)
	at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.updateEntityWithOptionalForce(WorldServer.java:875)
	at net.minecraft.world.World.updateEntity(World.java:2075)

-- Entity being ticked --
Details:
	Entity Type: testmod:test (com.clowcadia.test.entities.living.Test)
	Entity ID: 7456
	Entity Name: entity.Test.name
	Entity's Exact location: 415.15, 68.00, 356.36
	Entity's Block location: World: (415,68,356), Chunk: (at 15,4,4 in 25,22; contains blocks 400,0,352 to 415,255,367), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
	Entity's Momentum: 0.01, -0.08, 0.01
	Entity's Passengers: []
	Entity's Vehicle: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
Stacktrace:
	at net.minecraft.world.World.updateEntities(World.java:1888)
	at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.updateEntities(WorldServer.java:647)

-- Affected level --
Details:
	Level name: New World
	All players: 1 total; [EntityPlayerMP['Lynthos'/1688, l='New World', x=415.04, y=68.00, z=351.89]]
	Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 771 Drop: 0
	Level seed: 1643567088598055580
	Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: false
	Level generator options: 
	Level spawn location: World: (224,64,248), Chunk: (at 0,4,8 in 14,15; contains blocks 224,0,240 to 239,255,255), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
	Level time: 1205 game time, 1205 day time
	Level dimension: 0
	Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil
	Level weather: Rain time: 36149 (now: false), thunder time: 92532 (now: false)
	Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: true
Stacktrace:
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:794)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tick(MinecraftServer.java:698)
	at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.tick(IntegratedServer.java:156)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:547)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

-- System Details --
Details:
	Minecraft Version: 1.11.2
	Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
	Java Version: 1.8.0_121, Oracle Corporation
	Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
	Memory: 237966296 bytes (226 MB) / 931135488 bytes (888 MB) up to 1871708160 bytes (1785 MB)
	JVM Flags: 0 total; 
	IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 13, tallocated: 95
	FML: MCP 9.38 Powered by Forge 13.20.0.2228 5 mods loaded, 5 mods active
	States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored
	UCHIJAAAA	minecraft{1.11.2} [Minecraft] (minecraft.jar) 
	UCHIJAAAA	mcp{9.19} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) 
	UCHIJAAAA	FML{8.0.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (forgeSrc-1.11.2-13.20.0.2228.jar) 
	UCHIJAAAA	forge{13.20.0.2228} [Minecraft Forge] (forgeSrc-1.11.2-13.20.0.2228.jar) 
	UCHIJAAAA	testmod{1.0.0} [Test Mod] (NPCTesting_main) 
	Loaded coremods (and transformers): 
	GL info: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
	Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
	Player Count: 1 / 8; [EntityPlayerMP['Lynthos'/1688, l='New World', x=415.04, y=68.00, z=351.89]]
	Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
	Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
[15:10:24] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving players
[15:10:24] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [net.minecraft.init.Bootstrap:printToSYSOUT:600]: #@!@# Game crashed! Crash report saved to: #@!@# .\crash-reports\crash-2017-03-28_15.10.24-server.txt
[15:10:24] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Waiting for the server to terminate/save.
[15:10:24] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving worlds
[15:10:24] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'New World'/Overworld
[15:10:24] [Server thread/INFO] [testmod]: Test: writeEntityFromNBT
[15:10:24] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'New World'/Nether
[15:10:24] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'New World'/The End
[15:10:24] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension 0
[15:10:24] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -1
[15:10:24] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension 1
[15:10:24] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups
[15:10:24] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied
[15:10:24] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: The state engine was in incorrect state SERVER_STOPPING and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded.
[15:10:24] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Server terminated.
[15:10:24] [Client Shutdown Thread/INFO]: Stopping server
[15:10:24] [Client Shutdown Thread/INFO]: Saving players
AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

Process finished with exit code -1

1 hour ago, clowcadia said:

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 1

Reading crash reports is not that much of a mystery. In line 20 of your TreeArea class, you are trying to get the 1 index of an ArrayList which only contains one element (and therefore no 1 index).

Edited by Jay Avery

also did this

if(treeRoots.get(0)!=null){
trArea = new TreeArea(treeRoots);
new LumberJack(world, getRootPos(),
trArea.zNBorder, trArea.xNBorder, trArea.zPBorder, trArea.xPBorder);
}

still has crash

https://github.com/Clowcadia/MinecraftForge/blob/master/1.11/NPCTesting/src/main/java/com/clowcadia/test/entities/living/ai/AIGoto.java#L77-L81

Edited by clowcadia