import net.minecraft.item.crafting.FurnaceRecipes;

public class BrandyAntiRecipes {

public static void removeRecipes()
	{
		ItemStack stone = new ItemStack(Blocks.STONE, 1, 0);
		FurnaceRecipes.instance().getSmeltingList().remove(stone);
	}
}

This is called in my init() in my main class, however it does nothing. Clearly I've made a bit of a mistake :)

thank you~

version: 1.10

Edited by minecraftbigfoot

This is just pseudo code you will need to make it java urself

recipes = Furnaceripes.instance.getList

foreach(recipe in recipes) {

if(recipe.output == stone)

remove recipe

}

remember that you cant remove stuff while iterating over it with foreach so you will need to use the iterator methods

Thank youu

this is what I have so far :3

{
		Iterator<IRecipe> furnace = FurnaceRecipes.instance().getSmeltingList().iterator();
		Iterator<IRecipe> iterator = CraftingManager.getInstance().getRecipeList().iterator();

while (iterator.hasNext())
		{
		    IRecipe recipe = iterator.next();

if (recipe == null)
			    continue;

ItemStack output = recipe.getRecipeOutput();

if (output != null && output.equals(stone))
			    iterator.remove();
		}
	}

Iterating over it isn't working well.. because theres not an Interface for smelting to get the current recipe of the interator.

56 minutes ago, Jay Avery said:

Furnace recipes are a map of input->output. The remove method removes an entry with the given key, that is, input. So if you want to remove the cobblestone->stone recipe, you need to call remove with cobblestone.

How would you go about calling this? I take it:

FurnaceRecipes.instance().getSmeltingList().remove(stone)
wouldn't work.

4 minutes ago, minecraftbigfoot said:

Iterating over it isn't working well.. because theres not an Interface for smelting to get the current recipe of the interator.

How would you go about calling this? I take it:

FurnaceRecipes.instance().getSmeltingList().remove(stone)
wouldn't work.

I think all you should need to do is make a cobblestone ItemStack (instead of the stone stack you used in your initial code), and call remove using that. (I haven't specifically done this with furnace recipes, but from what I know about Maps I don't see a reason for it not to work!).

8 minutes ago, Jay Avery said:

I think all you should need to do is make a cobblestone ItemStack (instead of the stone stack you used in your initial code), and call remove using that. (I haven't specifically done this with furnace recipes, but from what I know about Maps I don't see a reason for it not to work!).

ItemStack cobble = new ItemStack(Blocks.COBBLESTONE);
		FurnaceRecipes.instance().getSmeltingList().remove(cobble);

Doesn't work, guess I will have to continue brainstorming. Thank you anyway Jay

Calling Map#remove with a new ItemStack on a Map with ItemStack keys won't do anything. ItemStack doesn't override Object#equals or Object#hashCode, so two ItemStacks are only considered to be the same key if they're the same object.

Map#remove will only work here if you call it with an ItemStack object that's already a key in the Map.

Edited by Choonster
  • Like 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Just now, Choonster said:

Calling Map#remove with a new ItemStack on a Map with ItemStack keys won't do anything. ItemStack doesn't override Object#equals or Object#hashCode, so two ItemStacks are only considered to be the same key if they're the same object.

Hence why I can't make it work this way. 

{
		Iterator interator = FurnaceRecipes.instance().getSmeltingList().entrySet().iterator();

while (interator.hasNext())
		{

if (interator.next().equals(cobble))
		    	interator.remove();
		}
	}

Done this with normal stone and cobble as Jay suggested neither even changes a thing. Nothing is changed because it wants an object and I'm giving it an ItemStack.

1 minute ago, minecraftbigfoot said:

Hence why I can't make it work this way. 

{
		Iterator interator = FurnaceRecipes.instance().getSmeltingList().entrySet().iterator();

{

if (interator.next().equals(cobble))
		    	interator.remove();
		}
	}

Done this with normal stone and cobble as Jay suggested neither even changes a thing. Nothing is changed because it wants an object and I'm giving it an ItemStack.

You can't compare ItemStacks using Object#equals, you need to use one of the static equality methods in the ItemStack class.

You shouldn't be creating a new ItemStack at all, though. You need to get the ItemStack key from the Iterator and check its Item, metadata and NBT as appropriate to determine whether it should be removed.

Iterator<E> is a generic type, don't use it (or any other generic type) without specifying its type argument.

• Like 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

• Like 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Final method:

{
		ItemStack result = null;
		Map<ItemStack, ItemStack> recipes = FurnaceRecipes.instance().getSmeltingList();
		Iterator<ItemStack> interator = recipes.keySet().iterator();

{
		    ItemStack recipe = interator.next();
		    result = recipes.get(recipe);

if (ItemStack.areItemStacksEqual(stone, result))
		    {
		    	interator.remove();
		    }
		}
	}

Thanks all <3

59 minutes ago, minecraftbigfoot said:

Move this line outside the loop, otherwise you're creating new objects every time the loop iterates, leading to more garbage collection.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.