[1.10.2] Changing length of day/night cycle

_BlackMage_

Hello,

I am working on a mod that over a period of time slowly increases the day/night length but am having trouble accomplishing this. when attempting to look into this matter a bit more it seems that Mojang has hard coded these figures. Is there any way that anyone knows about that would allow me to modify the day/night length without breaking mod compatibility. So far the only method I have found is basically causing the game to set back 1 in-game hour to achieve more ticks but this is causing an incompatibility with several mods that depends on ticks because to do so we are advancing a day each time we set the time back an hour. any suggestions?

Edited by _BlackMage_

You need to create a custom WorldProvider, and override calculateCelestialAngle.
Then you need to register said WorldProvider to the wanted dimension(s), by calling DimensionManager#unregisterDimension(id) and then re-registering it with DimensionManager#registerDimension(id, DimensionType#register(...))

Though I would iterate over the worlds, and check their WorldProvider's first, and only change if the WorldProvider is an instanceof the overworld's WorldProvider, as some dimensions have "frozen" time, etc.

• Like 1

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.