White spiders

Vovix

What version of optifine are you using?

As i've tested the basic FML HD texture changes as we touch nothing related to entity skins.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Interesting, can you provide your exact install steps for everything you've installed?

FML does not edit anything related to Entities textures, and nothing we do in Forge should cause this.

Also, providing a screen shot and specs for your computer would be helpful.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

Tested with nothing but Forge installed, Forge is installed into the jar using MCPatcher's mod install function.

Spider:

MEA32.png

Enderman(really hard to get good screenshots of a mob that teleports every 2 seconds):

qem8T.png

Specs: Nvidia Geforce 285 graphics card, 64-bit Windows Vista OS.

Ah, you're using MCPatcher

Don't Even if you tell it to not install anything.

It still edits like 6 base classes.

MCPatcher is at fault here.

i have the same white spiders, when im using the forge hd texture pack support but without optifine or equal patchers, only the texture pack meinecraft im using.

Are you touching MCPatcher at all?  And we need *complete* logs, as per the stickied post.

If by any means you might be using the customizer for the texture pack try not installing anything by force updating minecraft and spawn a spider or a enderman then use optifine or mcpatcher (Re-download them) and then try Faithful if your getting the white thingys it might be your graphics card (or try restarting minecraft)

it is always white, when i use this texture pack. the strange thing, when i use meinecraft, it looks that there is an xray, but i didnt install any xray mod as far as i know. what i also mention, at the same time when i see this xray, in the same time, some blocks do not want to render. im now on my notebook, i will upload some screens so u can see, what im talking about.

for the mods: pls move to a new topic, if this dont belong to the white spiders topic anymore :)

you might be using the customizer for the texture pack

Faithful if your getting the white thingys it might be your graphics card

to point 1: i dont use a customizer.

to point 2: is faithful a texture pack? perhaps its my graphics card, it's a GT 240 from point of view

Minecraft.net Username: Sailren

MCPatcher *does* break things, please do not recommend it NeonColors123.  Even if all of its options are disabled it will still overwrite some base files, thus breaking things.

Faithful is a texture pack, if you are using anything that is non-stock then be sure to list them, preferably with links, so we can try it ourselves.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue with Faithful 32x32 texture pack. I tested 3 different texture packs:

1st - Faithful 32x32 - white Enderman and spider

2nd - JohnSmith Texture Pack V9.4 (32x) - black Enderman, white spider

3rd - Sphax PureBDCraft (20/05/12) (32x) - black Enderman, normal spider.

I used minecraft 1.2.5 with only Forge 3.3.8.152 installed. I didn't use MCPatcher to install it. I don't use Optifine.

Everything was tested on Windows XP SP3.

• 2 months later...

I use..

- MCPatcher and have never had this kind of problem in my life. It's either a texture pack issue, a video card issue, or your trying to load multiple incompatible mods together such as MCPatcher/Forge.

Forge has been a fickle bitch for me and I've tried to use it before. I deleted everything, ran Forge by itself and I spent maybe an hour trying to install a mod so simple as "Single Player Commands" and "Toomanyitems", neither worked for me. Then I tried to install Custom NPC's after installing those two mods (an hour later) and all three said they were loaded, but refused to actually work within the game itself. So I finally dug through about ten tutorials, got it all to work, decided it was way too much work for not that big of an improvement, and dumped it all for MCPatcher because it has something so simple that no one else has - connected textures. Oh and it has a friendly interface that makes shit much easier and quicker.

- Optifine, its a graphical tweaker. Its designed to make vanilla minecraft run smoother not look better haha. I used it before but now it doesn't work nearly as well for me. So I once again dumped it in favor of MCPatcher.

So to answer the original question - its either Forge, your Texture Pack, Video Card or conflicting mods. MCPatcher (though everyone hates it) is actually not so much of a problem as long as you aren't installing mods that require heavy modifications such as a pack that adds many new blocks (which most blocks/weapons aren't really worth adding as most look like crap or do very little).

SPC is a base editing mod, TMI does things wrong.  Base editing mods are not pure ML mods, Forge only supports pure ML Mods as well as forge/fml mods.  Use NEI instead of TMI.

As for a launcher, quite using MCPatcher, use MultiMC.

And yes, Optifine has connected textures as well, quit spreading FUD.