Cpu Lag Spikes

Minecraft Forge version  12.18.3.2185  (RECOMMENDED) on server side, seems to lag as I add more mods to it.

With little to no mods, it does not lag as much, but as I add more mods the spiking gets worse. It has about a 1.5 second delay when I run (Not play on) the server! 

I also try other versions of forge, same issue.

Computer Specs: I5 4690k Overclocked to 4.27 Ghz and it runs nice n' cool with fairly low voltage, about 100-105*F.  I also have 14 GB of DDR3 Ram. Asus Maximuss VII Hero. 

I used to run 8 other regular bukkit/spigot and vanilla servers, It worked all fine and when at idle, 1.5% CPU usage as if they didn't exist. I now wish to host a modded server.

Now, Here is an Image with client running, server and this webpage along with speed fan so I can see my temps.

Note: I am just about unable to use the console window or the one that is open in CMD. I have set the priority to high on all 4 cores and it didn't help. I am running around 1200 ticks behind. :/

Note: I run the SAME world in single player with the same mods n' all, and I get NO lag what so ever.

Here is a picture of Cpu usage.

Now with none of the mods, 

Now with no mods, and client is not running. . . (Spike was from snipping tool)

Now without the server or client running...

One last time, Something is wrong with the versions of forge (1.10) idk about 1.11 but they have this lag spike issue, and with more mods it just gets worse!! I have about 73 mods! I used to be able to run 212 with my old pack on 1.7, and when I wasnt playing or anything it would idle at about 15% cpu usage, so whats up here? 

The world is not causing the problem, because it works fine on the client while playing, but on the server, no. With a fresh world on the server, same issue.

A while ago I tested to see if it was one particular mod, but I failed because I tested all of them individually (with their respective core mods) 

Anybody able to help out here??? (Also, I don't have the /timings command, thought that was built in though but whatever)

Img1all.PNG

img2none.PNG

noclient.PNG

nothinboi.PNG

Gregtech FOR THE WIN! (I miss GT from 1.4)

Since I am on my Windows 10 PC tablet, The small buttons like edit do not work. :(

I try running the forge server on this tablet, and it had the same issue, so It can't be a cpu compatibility problem like there used to be back in 1.2 or something with Xeons. 

The java process(app)is using all of the cpu right? I don't know your problem, but something is up... restarting your pc doesn't help?

Apparently I'm addicted to these forums and can't help but read all the posts. So if I somehow help you, please click the "Like This" button, it helps.

Yea. I try every version of forge that works with my pack. They have PLENTY of information here to look at and try to even guess, if not, have a solution. I have now updated java, still, no fix. Updated all drivers. No. Fix. 

For the server, Its -Xmx6g -Xms6g along with the client. 6 Gb of ram for the server, but without mods, it still lags, withthe spike too but as I add more it spikes constantly more and the lag intensifies... :( 

Must be a bug with forge itself. I wonder if anyone else has this problem? If so, then problem must be forge's.

EDIT: Do you have any log output?

Edited by Leomelonseeds

Apparently I'm addicted to these forums and can't help but read all the posts. So if I somehow help you, please click the "Like This" button, it helps.

1 hour ago, diesieben07 said:

Please post the complete JVM arguments.

8 hours ago, Leomelonseeds said:

Must be a bug with forge itself. I wonder if anyone else has this problem? If so, then problem must be forge's.

EDIT: Do you have any log output?

There is no errors in console accept for the can't keep up one..

And here are your JVM Arguments for the server, which is the only lagy thing on it or not on it. 

title HHSModded - Console - 1.10.2
E:
cd Servers
cd HHS10Modded
cls
java -Xmx6G -Xms6G -jar Forge.jar -o true
pause;

Thats it. "-Xmx6g -Xms6g" for the ram amount. I tried with -o true and without it, no change. 

On 4/17/2017 at 10:34 AM, diesieben07 said:

And you 100% sure that it's the server lagging, not the client?

I am 101% sure that this is server lagg. As I show in one of the pictures, or two I forget but the client is closed, with the server running, causing the lag spikes. (And terrible TPS I would assume, because it can take about 5 seconds to open an interface) 

17 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Next step would be to use a profiler (VisualVM is free) to see what is taking up all the CPU.

I'll try that.

I looked in Task Manager, and it said the server "Javac . . . " or something similar to that was taking up the usage, I set it to two cores and then the two cores (1 and 2) were maxed, stopped server, no longer maxed. 

10 minutes ago, MoeBoy76 said:

i would first try using -noguii to disable the server GUI

Alright I will try that too. I was looking how to disable that anyways, thanks! 

EDIT: Worked! That was something I guessed would be last resort, and well, disabling the UI helped a lot! Thanks! Wonder why it was like that, probably trying to live update the ram/tps information. 

Hey, Also the VisualVM Program will come in handy someday, Thanks again! :) #lyfesaverz

Edited by 34486
Saying thx m8!