[1.11.2] Prevent player timeout

Socratic_Phoenix

So... I haven't actually tried anything yet, as I want to verify that this is possible. So basically, is there any way to prevent a player from being kicked due to timeout. Can a disconnect event of this nature be cancelled? Is a disconnect event even fired?

Developer of Randores (adds 256^3 ores to the game) and Arcane Bags (adds ridiculous storage with ridiculous crafting recipes).

I know Java pretty well... So yeah...

This is where I'd put an inspirational and/or clever quote, but I can't think of one right now...

This is the output of the totally, 100% working compiler for my programming language, Planet9:

Beginning Compilation...
Failed compilation!
planet9.compiler.error.CompilationException: Compiler not yet implemented
	at planet9.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:39)
	at planet9.compiler.app.CompilerApp.main(CompilerApp.java:147)

13 minutes ago, HashtagShell said:

Pretty sure timeout is not a thing forge or minecraft do, ie. probs no events.

Isn't it like a socket/packet/networking/connection deal?

From what I gather, the server and client send heartbeat packets (a packet every x seconds) to eachother to confirm a connection. If the client is preoccupied though, like if it's loading a new texture pack, the client could be timed out because it can't respond/send heartbeat packets. I want to find a way to prevent the disconnect.

Developer of Randores (adds 256^3 ores to the game) and Arcane Bags (adds ridiculous storage with ridiculous crafting recipes).

I know Java pretty well... So yeah...

This is where I'd put an inspirational and/or clever quote, but I can't think of one right now...

This is the output of the totally, 100% working compiler for my programming language, Planet9:

Beginning Compilation...
Failed compilation!
planet9.compiler.error.CompilationException: Compiler not yet implemented
	at planet9.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:39)
	at planet9.compiler.app.CompilerApp.main(CompilerApp.java:147)

• 4 years later...
  • Curle locked this topic