Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[1.10.2] Minecraft suspends


Matryoshika
 Share

Recommended Posts

Alright, I'm a bit stumped on this.
Except for some IBlockState<->NBT handling, I'm not doing anything that I haven't done before, without issues.

To clarify the issue: Minecraft suspends (freezes completely) whenever I do either of 2 things in my project:
Using the ItemCompressionWand on a proper Multiblock structure,

And when getPickBlock is called in CompressedBlock, when a Creative player scroll-wheel-clicks on a block, that was previously placed by the mentioned ItemCompressionWand.

 

The suspension happens in AnvilChunkLoader#writeNextIO(), Line 242 (the finally block)

 

Except for a pure java crash, that only happened once, there are no crashlogs.

 

Latest log

Latest Client log


I am using Forge 1.10.2-12.18.2.2123

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Further investigation:
Issue is a StackOverflow error, in the mentioned AnvilChunkLoader#writeNextIO().

I have traced it down to only the getPickBlock() method now.

 

Is there an issue with using TileEntity#getTileData()? I am literally only copying tags from that to the ItemStack that was gained from super.getPickBlock().

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Possible issues I can see:

  • ItemStack::getTagCompound is null in the way you are using it.
  • I don't think getTileData does what you think it does. getTileData is an NBTTagCompound to let you store arbitrary user data in any TileEntity. It does not return the TileEntity's "normal NBT data".
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, missed a null check there, but that should have given me a nullpointerexception, no? Not a stackoverflow.
 

I was storing the data inside TileEntity::getTileData(), as seen here.
As such, the wanted data should have been accessible from that NBTTagCompound.

 

I am now, no longer using TileEntity::getTileData(), but storing the NBT data in the proper fashion. After the switch, I have not gotten another suspension.
However, even when overriding TileEntity::getUpdatePacket() & TileEntity::onDataPacket(), the state field always returns null on the client, after re-launching. I've even tried using custom Packets to forcefully update the client Tile with the Server Tile's state, yet nothing seems to stick.

To note, the state is required immediately on the client, as the state is required to render the proper model.

Spoiler

[11:28:12] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [se.Matryoshika.Echo.Common.Content.Tile.TileMenger:readPacketNBT:58]: State is: minecraft:emerald_block
[11:28:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [se.Matryoshika.Echo.Common.Content.Tile.TileMenger:readPacketNBT:58]: State is: minecraft:air


One thing I've noticed, is that TileEntity::getUpdatePacket() is only invoked when the Tile is placed, not when the Tile is rebuilt from NBT. Doesn't that defy the purpose of syncing Server->Client with TileEntity::getUpdatePacket() & TileEntity::onDataPacket() though?

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

This won't work. A TileEntity must have a public no-argument constructor.

Ah, sorry, outdated code.
GitHub has been updated now.

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Matryoshika said:

Issue is a StackOverflow error,

StackOverflow suggests accidental recursion. I ran into that myself with tile entities. Some of their methods are non-intuitive, making it possible to fall into a recursion trap. If you encounter StackOverflow again, step through TE construction to see what methods get involved when. You might then see an unexpected call that leads to recursion.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.