Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Problem running mod in normal minecraft


7osCraft
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I'm new to the minecraft forge fourm so this is my first post, Sorry for any mistakes.

My mod isn't working in normal minecraft (I mean minecraft launched from the launcher not in developing), the mod is running normaly in the dev environment but when I try it in normal minecraft it gives me this error:

Spoiler

[STDERR]: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.getMinecraft()Lnet/minecraft/client/Minecraft;

and also many errors like this "NoSuchMethodError" error.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You need to build your mod with the build Gradle task, this reobfuscates it from MCP names like getMinecraft to SRG names like func_0220_b. SRG names are the names used by Minecraft outside of the development environment.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, 7osCraft said:

Yes, thats what I did but even after looking at the final jar code with some decompiling tool I found out that it is still using the MCP names and not SRG names

 

That shouldn't be possible. Are you definitely running the build task? Are you looking in the correct output directory (build/libs)?

 

Run the build task again and post the output, there may be some information as to why it's failing to reobfuscate the JAR.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Choonster said:

 

That shouldn't be possible. Are you definitely running the build task? Are you looking in the correct output directory (build/libs)?

 

Run the build task again and post the output, there may be some information as to why it's failing to reobfuscate the JAR.

Okay now for some reason after running the "clean" task the the "build" task it works now.

Thanks for your time :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the problem was that I had 2 projects, a core project and which is a mod and another project which is also a mod.

The second project needs the first mod to work so I added the "compile project(":NAME")" in the dependencies section of the second mod but when I run "gradlew build" on the second project it seems to compile the first core project as a normal java application jar and just skips every forge task, so I ran "build" on every project separately and it worked fine.

I don't know if that's a bug in ForgeGradle or what, but thank you! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.