[1.11.2] GUIScreen partialTicks

Socratic_Phoenix

So there's this method in GUIScreen, drawScreen, that I'm using to draw my gui:

public void drawScreen(int mouseX, int mouseY, float partialTicks)

I'm trying to figure out how to have an animated screen that draws an fills in an arrow across the screen, like the furnace gui (though my gui is not a furnace, nor does it have a connected inventory or tile entity). So my question is, what exactly is partialTicks? Is it ticks since the previous drawScreen? Ticks since the opening of the gui? Or something else entirely?

Thanks for any help provided!

Developer of Randores (adds 256^3 ores to the game) and Arcane Bags (adds ridiculous storage with ridiculous crafting recipes).

I know Java pretty well... So yeah...

This is where I'd put an inspirational and/or clever quote, but I can't think of one right now...

This is the output of the totally, 100% working compiler for my programming language, Planet9:

Beginning Compilation...
Failed compilation!
planet9.compiler.error.CompilationException: Compiler not yet implemented
	at planet9.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:39)
	at planet9.compiler.app.CompilerApp.main(CompilerApp.java:147)

• 2 years later...
3 minutes ago, tomotomo said:

How can I use partialTicks on drawScreen?

My goodness this is old, please don't necro old threads. Instead make your own. And when you do make your own post your code.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements