Making a block 2 blocks tall?

Jigokusaru

53 minutes ago, Jigokusaru said:
  1. Can I make 2 block high models?

No. You must use two blocks.

Edited by Draco18s

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

5 minutes ago, Nomnomab said:

Would my way be fine?

I edited my post in quick order. Yes, your way is fine.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

1 minute ago, Draco18s said:

I edited my post in quick order. Yes, your way is fine.

Quick question then, do TileEntities support loading of BlockStates to a Block it is housed in? Trying to make this as painless as possible to load up states over 16.

1 hour ago, Jigokusaru said:
  1. Can I make 2 block high models?
  2. if so, do I need a special object in the BlockX.java?
  3. can I use a advanced json file to do so as well?

I can share what I've done once I make sure it doesn't blow up in my face anymore :P 

3 minutes ago, Nomnomab said:

Quick question then, do TileEntities support loading of BlockStates to a Block it is housed in? Trying to make this as painless as possible to load up states over 16.

Block#getActualState()

Just now, Draco18s said:

Block#getActualState()

Tried that, although only tried to use data from the TileEntity to set the state there. Should I use placement instead in the "group" of multiblocks? Like parent is x,y,z and child is using that parent's position to determine the state? What would you recommend

4 minutes ago, Jigokusaru said:

I need to have a 2 block high block I can activate. that's basically it.

the top part and the bottom part need to act as 1 block.

Ah ok, then yeah, it should be fine for you. Unless it doesn't act like a door, then you might have to do a bit of a rewrite :P 

1 hour ago, Nomnomab said:

Tried that, although only tried to use data from the TileEntity to set the state there.

Were you syncing the data to the client?

Should I use placement instead in the "group" of multiblocks? Like parent is x,y,z and child is using that parent's position to determine the state? What would you recommend

I do that for one of my structures. A 3x3 millstone.

Just now, Draco18s said:

Tried that, although only tried to use data from the TileEntity to set the state there.

Were you syncing the data to the client?

Yep, just could never find the right way to set the state to the Block. Since I kept getting NullPointers for the block state. :S

1 minute ago, Draco18s said:

Should I use placement instead in the "group" of multiblocks? Like parent is x,y,z and child is using that parent's position to determine the state? What would you recommend

I do that for one of my structures. A 3x3 millstone.

Ah sweet, currently making the base classes for this so that I can do it as large as I need :D Hopefully it doesn't explode too much :P 

2 hours ago, Nomnomab said:

Yep, just could never find the right way to set the state to the Block. Since I kept getting NullPointers for the block state. :S

No, you're not.

That line you have does like 14 things and one of them is throwing null (and it is almost certainly not the getBlockState() part). You need to either:

a) break it up onto multiple lines to figure out which piece is null

b) use your god damn debugger to do the same thing

Edited by Draco18s