A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

From Github

The error

MinecraftForge 12.18.3.2316
SpongeForge 1.10.2-2281-5.2.0-BETA-2379

My configs are all fine to connect to Bungeecord. It's basically the same as the other server that is working.
I thought it might have been the libraries, so I grabbed fresh ones.
Then I thought my forge was corrupt, so I downloaded a fresh copy and uploaded that.
Then I figured it might be SpongeForge, so I downloaded a fresh copy of that, too.
Maybe it's one of my chosen mods/plugins. Nope, happens with nothing in the mods folder.
Let's try downgrading forge one version to 12.18.3.2297. Nope, still the same message.

As I was going to say before you decided to be unprofessional and lock the topic you didn't want to deal with.  No where in that error message does it say anything about libraries being corrupted or bad.
My server is hosted, and I DID try to reinstall it.  I did that before I came back to check for replies.  If you had even read the post you would have seen that I even tried to give it new libraries before that.

You have to remember that 95% of the people that use forge are not programmers, and don't know the difference between bad config formatting and a hole.
Some of us, however, can troubleshoot most issues we come across and only use github for quick results to what we can only assume is a bug of some kind.

I had an issue with a program, so I posted to the "Issue Tracker" for the program I had the issue with.  Is that not the purpose of an issue tracker?  Wouldn't it have been easier for both of us to just tell me, "Hay, your libraries are broken." and link me to the proper ones for the version of Forge I use?

The other issue I am having, now that I have started restoring backups, is that it was working last night before I went to bed.  I have restored three different backups since I started typing this.  Each one is throwing the exact same error.  Can you still really say " you fucked up the install and it cant find all the libraries you need"?

What more can I really do to fix this?

width=468 height=60http://img.verygames.net/themes/default/images/partenaires/ban_games-gb.png[/img]

Click for instant 10% discount!

First of all, you are being very rude. You reported an issue - equivalent of opening a bug report and when you are told to open a technical support ticket you insist it is a bug, and that the forums can't help you. Do you not think that he is more qualified to see if something is a bug than you are, considering the countless hours he puts in of work in order to provide this for free? You should probably get that chip on your shoulder looked at. 

Second of all, calling someone who does something as a hobby project unprofessional for an action he took - after you started arguing with him is kinda silly. This isn't supposed to be "professional", and expecting professionalism is even more silly. You are not entitled to help with your issue, and it was cool of lex to point you in the direction of the support channel. 

Finally, and thankfully, your issue is simple to fix. Place the Minecraft server jar in the same folder as the forge jar. The Minecraft server jar is in effect a library used by the forge jar, and this error is indicative of the jar being missing or corrupt. 

To avoid issues like this in future, either install it locally and upload the files,  or if you have access to the command line run the forge installer jar from there (for headless, use the --installServer command line option).

I hope this helps :)

Edited by Cloudy

48 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

First of all, you are being very rude. You reported an issue - equivalent of opening a bug report and when you are told to open a technical support ticket you insist it is a bug,

I admit, referring to it as a bug was the wrong term.  For that, I apologize.

51 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Do you not think that he is more qualified to see if something is a bug than you are, considering the countless hours he puts in of work in order to provide this for free?

I really do appreciate all of the work that Lex, and the Forge team, does.  I developed a small mod years ago for a tiny private server, and I understand the problem you guys face trying to please everyone.

53 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

You should probably get that chip on your shoulder looked at.

I honestly don't have a chip.  Not for the reasons you assume.

54 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Second of all, calling someone who does something as a hobby project unprofessional for an action he took - after you started arguing with him is kinda silly.

The way he handled the situation is what I was calling unprofessional.  Not Lex himself.

55 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

This isn't supposed to be "professional", and expecting professionalism is even more silly.

With a project as huge and as popular as Forge, there should actually be total professionalism.  How one member of the team affects the team as a whole.

57 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

and it was cool of lex to point you in the direction of the support channel. 

No where on the entirety of the MinecraftForge Github does it say where to to post "support tickets", nor is there a posted definition of what to consider as "technical support".  Almost every other Github I visit is used for support, bugs, and feature requests.  One in particular even has a template for when creating a new issue.

44 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Place the Minecraft server jar in the same folder as the forge jar. The Minecraft server jar is in effect a library used by the forge jar, and this error is indicative of the jar being missing or corrupt

This is how it's been since I got back to server management..."This is not my first rodeo" as they say.

46 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

To avoid issues like this in future, either install it locally and upload the files, 

That is exactly what I did.

2 hours ago, auo_umop_apisdn said:

My server is hosted, and I DID try to reinstall it.  I did that before I came back to check for replies

"What more can be suggested on the forum I have not already tried myself?"

I ended up restoring every backup since the day I updated to Forge 12.18.3.2316.  I finally got one that booted properly.

width=468 height=60http://img.verygames.net/themes/default/images/partenaires/ban_games-gb.png[/img]

I updated my forge version again, and it is again throwing the exact same error as I first reported.  I didn't change anything else except for the forge version.

Edited by auo_umop_apisdn

Give a full directory listing.

MD5s of the files you're using

Exact command and working directory that you're running.

Give some actual details.

You say you're a server admin. Yet you provide nothing for us to even try and help you.

As Cloudy has said, this issue is caused by the server not being able to find the minecraft jar file. The minecraft jar file MUST be in the current working directory and have the EXACT name "minecraft_server.1.12.jar" All of this is setup properly for you by the installer. Hence not our bug.

Bitching about my 'professionalism' will get you no sympathy. I told you to go to the forum because its a PEBKAC error NOT a bug and then you argued with me so I locked it.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I was not asking for sympathy, actually.
I'm sorry that you took that as arguing.  It's difficult to determine tone in text.

eec0b03c8db1b6f5a6a80d56a60ebfec.png
573fe5bce5dbc0bc99b6aa27154ac063.png

These files are located in " /data/service6862/data/service_item_505330/" on my host.  I don't have any access to those directories.

I talked to my server host and they monitored the traffic of brand new installs of both forge versions 2297 (which works perfectly) and 2316.
They told me that 2316 downloaded new libraries which were corrupted.

This "technical support" issue is not my fault.  It is beyond my control, and there is nothing I can do to avoid it in any way.

Calling someone an idiot because of your product somehow downloading corrupt libraries.  Nice!

I'm not saying it's your fault.  Not at all.  This is not the first time something like this has happened to me, and it's happening somewhere between my ISP (resells "last mile" lines from Rogers) and your file store.

My host was gracious enough to place the proper - non corrupt - libraries for me.
You can close this, delete it, do whatever you want.

Consider putting up some documentation on the Github about what is considered a bug, and what is considered "pebkac"

Unless something majorly screws up our installer CANT download corrupt libraries as everything is checksumed. If things DO error then we need logs because it will scream the error in the logs.

It sounds like you're going through a hosting provider that is doing something rather wrong. So go talk to them. Beyond that, go update to 1.11.2 at least if you want support on this forum.

As for what is a error deserving of being on github, if you're not a modder. Then you shouldn't be making issues.

Errors must also be verified to be EXCLUSIVELY Forge's issue.

10 seconds of searching would of found the same issue on this forum, and google, as its not a bug on our end.

Anyways this doesn't need to go on anymore, point is use the forums for tech support and don't argue with me on github when I tell you nicely that that's not the place for stuff -.-

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon