[1.12] Item#onArmorTick only gets called when picking a block

TheMattyBoy

I've made a mod with a bunch of armor items that worked fine, until I tried updating the mod to 1.12. I dug through the code (ctrl + H is my friend) and found that the only place where Item#onArmorTick (a method that should update the armor every tick) gets called is in InventoryPlayer#setPickedItemStack, a method for handling pickblocking (so I could only fly my jetpack for a split second while pickblocking, which is no good), with a message from Forge saying "FORGE: Tick armor on animation ticks". How would I go about doing that (I don't have a separate class for rendering my armors or anything)? Also, I'm using forge-1.12-14.21.0.2333-mdk, which I know isn't the latest version, but that brings me onto my next problem: whenever I try setting up anything later than 2333 (using gradlew setupDecompWorkspace), it fails, giving me this:

To honour the JVM settings for this build a new JVM will be forked. Please consi
der using the daemon: https://docs.gradle.org/2.14/userguide/gradle_daemon.html.

#################################################
         ForgeGradle 2.3-SNAPSHOT-da858a8
  https://github.com/MinecraftForge/ForgeGradle
               Powered by MCP unknown
             http://modcoderpack.com
         by: Searge, ProfMobius, Fesh0r,
         R4wk, ZeuX, IngisKahn, bspkrs
:deobfCompileDummyTask
:deobfProvidedDummyTask
:getVersionJson
:extractUserdev UP-TO-DATE
:extractDependencyATs SKIPPED
:extractMcpData SKIPPED
:extractMcpMappings SKIPPED
:genSrgs SKIPPED
:downloadClient SKIPPED
:downloadServer SKIPPED
:splitServerJar SKIPPED
:mergeJars SKIPPED
:deobfMcSRG SKIPPED
:decompileMc SKIPPED
:fixMcSources
:applySourcePatches
Patching failed: net/minecraft/command/AdvancementCommand.java Cannot find hunk
target
  1: Cannot find hunk target @ 0
  2: Cannot find hunk target @ 0
  3: Cannot find hunk target @ 0
  3/4 failed
:applySourcePatches FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':applySourcePatches'.
> com.cloudbees.diff.PatchException: Cannot find hunk target

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug
option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 26.664 secs

I do realize this may not be the right place to post this, I wasn't sure if this goes here or in Support & Bug Reports, but the latter seems to be more for players using Forge rather than modders, so that's why I chose this subforum.

IGN: matte006

Played Minecraft since summer 2011.

Modding is my life now.

Please check out my mod :)

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/gadgets-n-goodies-mod?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=230028

Item#onArmorTick being called in the wrong place is a known issue.

I'm not sure why the patches would fail to apply like that. It's possible that something in the Gradle cache is corrupted, you can try temporarily renaming the ~/.gradle directory (%USERPROFILE%\.gradle on Windows) and re-running the setupDecompWorkspace task.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

5 minutes ago, Choonster said:

Item#onArmorTick being called in the wrong place is a known issue.

6 minutes ago, V0idWa1k3r said:

This is a bug that had already been reported. Forge just has a lot of other things to work on at the moment. There however is already a PR to fix this issue so it should be fixed in the near future.

Oh OK, guess I'll just have to wait then... Thanks for replying

7 minutes ago, Choonster said:

I'm not sure why the patches would fail to apply like that. It's possible that something in the Gradle cache is corrupted, you can try temporarily renaming the ~/.gradle directory (%USERPROFILE%\.gradle on Windows) and re-running the setupDecompWorkspace task.

What do you mean by "rename the directory"? If I try to physically rename the folder ".gradle", Windows tells me that I must type a file name (maybe because .gradle is an extension and not a file name? Not sure on that one...)

Modding is my life now.

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/gadgets-n-goodies-mod?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=230028

1 minute ago, TheMattyBoy said:

What do you mean by "rename the directory"? If I try to physically rename the folder ".gradle", Windows tells me that I must type a file name (maybe because .gradle is an extension and not a file name? Not sure on that one...)

Rename it to something other than .gradle (or move it to a different directory) so Gradle doesn't use the cached files stored in it.

You can rename a folder to a name starting with a period from the command line with the rename command (in Command Prompt) or the Rename-Item cmdlet (in PowerShell).

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Welp, I tried, it re-downloaded gradle and everything, but it still failed on ":applySourcePatches"... Think I might just wait for that patch of onArmorTick and hopefully it should be working by then

Modding is my life now.