Done Loading Freeze Upon Installation

Intellexi

I read every thread I could find on this topic, but I didn't find anything that helped.

Every time I try to install Forge, I get the infamous Done Loading freeze.  I've tried using the latest version of Forge (6.6.1.527) and the recommended version (6.6.0.497).  I'm using Minecraft 1.4.7 on a Mac.

Here's what I'm doing:

I go my bin folder, and change "minecraft.jar" to "minecraft.zip".  I expand the zip file and open the folder.  After downloading Forge, I expand the zip file, and open the folder.  I copy everything inside the Forge folder and paste it into the Minecraft folder, telling it to replace the files with the same name.  I delete META-INF.  After that, I compress the file, and rename it back to "minecraft.jar". 

I don't know how to access any logs I have that would help, so if there are any you need to see, instructions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention-- my minecraft.jar is completely unmodded to start out with.  No MCPatcher.

It actually doesn't matter, as forge ships the edited version of that class (aux) with an underscore in front of the name, and loads that over the vanilla version.

But yes, extracting your jar on windows is stupid.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

There is a batch file in the eaq, use that

I'm using Minecraft 1.4.7 on a Mac.

In the update to the rules/EAQ thread, it says that on Mac/Linux, instead of using a batch file to get a crash log:

Mac/Linux users can simply run your Minecraft launcher from terminal:

Code: [select]

java -cp minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame

To be perfectly honest, I don't know how to do that.  I googled it to no avail.

luacs: The method described in the EAQ for Mac does not work. Adapting the Windows batch script failed as well:

[spoiler=EAQ Method]

Last login: Mon Feb 18 16:46:13 on ttys000

<Computer-Name>:~ <username>$ cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/minecraft/bin

<Computer-Name>:bin <username>$ java -cp minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:net/minecraft/LauncherFrame

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.LauncherFrame

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

<Computer-Name>:bin <username>$ java -cp minecraft.jar net.minecraft.client.Minecraft

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/lwjgl/LWJGLException

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

[spoiler=Batch Script Attempt]

Last login: Mon Feb 18 16:43:49 on ttys000

<Computer-Name>:~ <username>$ cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/minecraft/bin

<Computer-Name>:bin <username>$ java -Xincgc -Xmx1024m -cp minecraft.jar:lwjgl.jar:lwjgl_util.jar:jinput.jar -Djava.library.path="~/Library/Application\ Support/minecraft/bin/natives" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1758)

at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)

at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1045)

at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:72)

at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:65)

at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:81)

at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:98)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.F(SourceFile:1976)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.main(SourceFile:1564)

There's an EAQ for a reason. Read it!

"Note that failure to read this will make you look idiotic. You don't want that do you?" -- luacs1998

First rule of bug reports: More information is always better.

Oh, and logs OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!

I have the exactly same problem, but I have a mac. I am new to minecraft forge, so could you please explain in simple terms.

I have a Mac also.

I finally figured out how to look at the log on my console.  Does this help at all?

2/22/13 9:15:53.802 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[135]: (com.apple.mdworker.shared.04000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000[5804]) Exited with code: 255

2/22/13 9:16:40.711 PM Locum[6337]: Connection with distnoted server was invalidated

2/22/13 9:19:43.093 PM Locum[6364]: Connection with distnoted server was invalidated

2/22/13 9:20:53.962 PM mdworker[6325]: zip importer encountered an error (2) scanning "/Users/Lizi/Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.zip".

Hmm... I just did a test where I made the .jar a .zip, expanded it, compressed it, and made it a .jar again, without actually modifying it.  It did the same thing, so I suppose that process is the problem.