[1.12] Fatal error when trying to make unlockable recipes?

IceMetalPunk

Since 1.12 is encouraging recipes to be unlocked, I figured I'd make my mod's recipes unlockable in the same way. So as a quick test, I started with just one. I created the assets/redplusplus/advancements/recipes folder and basically copied/pasted one of the vanilla recipe advancements in. Then I changed it to trigger when getting a comparator in your inventory instead of the iron ingot that was there, and to unlock my redplusplus:block_redstone_counter recipe instead of the one it was unlocking. (I also made a copy of the vanilla recipes/root.json advancement, which is just an impossible trigger and nothing else, and parented my advancement to that one just in case.)

Then I created the assets/redplusplus/recipes/block_redstone_counter.json file, where I copied the recipe file for an anvil and changed the recipe ingredients and output. The ingredients are all vanilla items, the output is my custom item.

I made sure to use the proper domains for all resource locations in these files, whether they're minecraft: or redplusplus: alike.

The game loads fine, but when I open a crafting table, it crashes completely. The weird thing is the stacktrace doesn't include any of my code, only vanilla code; can someone help me pinpoint what I've done to cause a fatal error here?

Stacktrace:

[main/FATAL]: Error executing task
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: bitIndex < 0: -1
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_111]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_111]
	at net.minecraft.util.Util.runTask(Util.java:54) [Util.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:1161) [Minecraft.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:436) [Minecraft.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:118) [Main.class:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_111]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_111]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_111]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_111]
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_111]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_111]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_111]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_111]
	at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:97) [start/:?]
	at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:26) [start/:?]
Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: bitIndex < 0: -1
	at java.util.BitSet.get(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_111]
	at net.minecraft.stats.RecipeBook.containsRecipe(RecipeBook.java:35) ~[RecipeBook.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.recipebook.RecipeList.func_194214_a(RecipeList.java:35) ~[RecipeList.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerPlayClient.lambda$handleRecipeBook$2(NetHandlerPlayClient.java:1636) ~[NetHandlerPlayClient.class:?]
	at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_111]
	at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerPlayClient.handleRecipeBook(NetHandlerPlayClient.java:1634) ~[NetHandlerPlayClient.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.play.server.SPacketRecipeBook.processPacket(SPacketRecipeBook.java:40) ~[SPacketRecipeBook.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.play.server.SPacketRecipeBook.processPacket(SPacketRecipeBook.java:14) ~[SPacketRecipeBook.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.run(PacketThreadUtil.java:21) ~[PacketThreadUtil$1.class:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_111]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_111]
	at net.minecraft.util.Util.runTask(Util.java:53) ~[Util.class:?]
	... 15 more

Edited by IceMetalPunk
Typo fixing

Whatever Minecraft needs, it is most likely not yet another tool tier.