Forge not showing up in new launcher

Setsuko313

I have been trying to add shaders to my minecraft for about 3 hours now, i have everything ready but forge won't show up. I have downloaded it, launched it and added it to the 'versions' folder in ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft (i'm on mac btw) But when i try to add a new configuration in the versions it won't show up at the bottom. Also it's been a while since i last worked with mods so i don't know if i need to add the folder manually or if it does it by itself. I just need some advice.

Thanks,

Katy

You shouldn't have to copy files around when installing Forge. You have to download the installer and use it.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

• 3 weeks later...

These are the best instructions I've found for installing Forge on a Mac:

http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Minecraft-Forge

Once the new version of Forge is installed, it WILL NOT automatically show up in your Minecraft Launcher.  In your Launcher, click on the three horizontal bars to access Launch Options, and then "Add New."  Scroll down to the very bottom -- all the versions of Minecraft with Forge are at the very bottom, after all the regular non-Forge versions.  Once you have a new profile (I call it "1.11.2 with Forge" or whatever) it will show up in your list at Launch.  I just had to figure this all out again this morning to install a new mod for my son, so I figured I'd write it all down while it's fresh!