[1.11.2]Stopping dedicated server

Smyler

Hi, I need to stop the dedicated server, but I can't figure out how to do it. I thought about using MinecraftServer::initiateShutdown(), as it's the only thing I found to do it, but I can't figure out how to get the MinecraftServer instance.

Please help, thanks

Edited by Smyler

Why would you want to shut the integrated server down? That doesn't sound like a good thing....

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

I have a world generator that needs internet access to fetch data through a web API which requires a token. I want to stop the integrated server if the token is invalid and display a message in the logs. I need to do something equivalent for the integrated server, I think through a GUI, but I can't so far because the spawn area is generated before the server starts, and because I can't get an instance of the dedicated server (not the integrated, I made a mistake in my last post).

Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean, English is not my primary language.

I am using Mapbox's API to download the heightmap used by my IChunkGenerator, and so I need to be able to cancel the world creation if the token is invalid (If I get a 401 response from the web API), from IChunkGenerator::provideChunk(), as each chunk can be on a new tile to download and as the token can be invalidated if the player makes more requests than he is able to with his Mapobox account.

Ideally, a GUI prompting for a valid token should be displayed on the client and a message asking to edit the config file printed to stdout on the dedicated server.

I don't think this is possible but if you have any idea how to make something similar please tell because I want to do something user-friendly and at the moment, the token is stored in the config and having an invalid one will simply crash the game.

Here is the github: https://github.com/ZeSmiler/irlw/tree/0.2_dev

Ok, thanks for your help, I think I will try the hard thing first for the client game as I don't want to completely crash the clientit, but maybe I will come back at it later with more experience if I can't find a way to work around it.