Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Replace Biome X by Biome Y on Biome X spawn


Dylem
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey,

 

I'd like to replace every biome of a certain ID by my own biome, is there an easy way to do that with events, or should I make a GenLayer file ?

The only event I found on biome spawn is WolrdTypeEvent.BiomeSize but it only concerns the size of biomes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know if this is the best way, but there is a Biome Registry (Biome#REGISTRY) which maps all the resource locations to biome classes. You could, I suppose, replace the class associated with the resource location of your choosing with your own biome class. The registry is public, so you should be able to just call, for instance, Biome.REGSITRY.register(plainsID, new ResourceLocation("minecraft", "plains"), new MyNewPlainsBiome()) or something similar. The plainsID is the ID of the plains biome (1), but depending on which biome you're replacing, you'll need to change that to the proper ID (they can all be found in the Biome#registerBiomes method). That should work (though I'm not 100% sure, so test it out).

 

Never mind; there's a much better way to do this. Just call Biome.registerBiome(ID_TO_OVERWRITE, "biome_name", new YourBiome()), with the arguments changed to the appropriate values (ID_TO_OVERWRITE being the IDs from Biome#registerBiomes, same with the name, and then an instance of your actual biome class).

Edited by IceMetalPunk
Fixed registration to be more responsible.

Whatever Minecraft needs, it is most likely not yet another tool tier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, IceMetalPunk said:

I don't know if this is the best way, but there is a Biome Registry (Biome#REGISTRY) which maps all the resource locations to biome classes. You could, I suppose, replace the class associated with the resource location of your choosing with your own biome class. The registry is public, so you should be able to just call, for instance, Biome.REGSITRY.register(plainsID, new ResourceLocation("minecraft", "plains"), new MyNewPlainsBiome()) or something similar. The plainsID is the ID of the plains biome (1), but depending on which biome you're replacing, you'll need to change that to the proper ID (they can all be found in the Biome#registerBiomes method). That should work (though I'm not 100% sure, so test it out).

 

Never mind; there's a much better way to do this. Just call Biome.registerBiome(ID_TO_OVERWRITE, "biome_name", new YourBiome()), with the arguments changed to the appropriate values (ID_TO_OVERWRITE being the IDs from Biome#registerBiomes, same with the name, and then an instance of your actual biome class).

That would be nice, but I want the biome to be replaced with a random factor (to explain, I want to replace jungle hills with my own biome but it should be rare enough that the player doesn't feel like my mod changes the game).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dylem said:

That would be nice, but I want the biome to be replaced with a random factor (to explain, I want to replace jungle hills with my own biome but it should be rare enough that the player doesn't feel like my mod changes the game).

So you want to replace only *some* Jungle Hills with your biome, but not all? That's the opposite of what you said ("every biome of a certain type").

I'd suggest you use the same method, but before you overwrite the Jungle Hills registry entry, you grab it and store it with Biome.getBiomeForId(int id) (for Jungle Hills, the registerBiomes method shows an ID of 22, for reference). Then replace the registry entry with your own, passing the captured Jungle Hills biome to the constructor for storage. Then, in your own Biome class, you can call the default Biome's methods whenever you want (for instance, call the default 90% of the time, but skip that and call your own the other 10%).

Edited by IceMetalPunk

Whatever Minecraft needs, it is most likely not yet another tool tier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, Biomes are a full registry, use the Register<Biome> event and just register yours as the name that you wanna override.

All other methods are hacky and you shouldn't do it.

 

But it more sounds like you just want to add a variant to the jungle biome instead of overriding it... Just make them 1/10th the weight of the vanilla one.

  • Like 1

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/lexmanos
Paypal: http://paypal.me/LexManos

BitCoin: 1Q8rWvUNMM2T1ZfDaFeeYQyVXtYoeT6tTn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, LexManos said:

No, Biomes are a full registry, use the Register<Biome> event and just register yours as the name that you wanna override.

All other methods are hacky and you shouldn't do it.

 

But it more sounds like you just want to add a variant to the jungle biome instead of overriding it... Just make them 1/10th the weight of the vanilla one.

The RegistryEvents were added after my last modding project (from 1.7.10) -- is there a list somewhere of which classes have a full registry and fire Register<T> events? Or does an event fire for every class that implements IForgeRegistryEntry, including IRecipes?

Whatever Minecraft needs, it is most likely not yet another tool tier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is fired for everything.

  • Like 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

 

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

 

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/7/2017 at 9:15 AM, IceMetalPunk said:

So you want to replace only *some* Jungle Hills with your biome, but not all? That's the opposite of what you said ("every biome of a certain type").

I'd suggest you use the same method, but before you overwrite the Jungle Hills registry entry, you grab it and store it with Biome.getBiomeForId(int id) (for Jungle Hills, the registerBiomes method shows an ID of 22, for reference). Then replace the registry entry with your own, passing the captured Jungle Hills biome to the constructor for storage. Then, in your own Biome class, you can call the default Biome's methods whenever you want (for instance, call the default 90% of the time, but skip that and call your own the other 10%).

Yes sorry, only few should be replaced. That method would override gen layers on jungler hills I think

 

On 7/7/2017 at 9:55 AM, LexManos said:

No, Biomes are a full registry, use the Register<Biome> event and just register yours as the name that you wanna override.

All other methods are hacky and you shouldn't do it.

 

But it more sounds like you just want to add a variant to the jungle biome instead of overriding it... Just make them 1/10th the weight of the vanilla one.

 

I want to replace the jungle hills biome because I want my biome to be surrounded by jungle. But I'm making a GenLayer, sounds easier now..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.