Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[1.10.2] Minecraft crashing when opening


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

There is something very broken about your game then.

Just a note. It's the (new native Windows) launcher, which this user is using, that's broken and it was Mojang that broke the logging. It affects Minecraft version 1.10.2 and older, newer versions work fine again and FML logs are created as expected. There's an issue on Github that talks about this.

(I checked that this is still an issue with the latest Forge versions for 1.9.4, 1.10.2, 1.11.2 and 1.12 where 1.11.2 and 1.12 created the logs as they should and the older ones didn't. Edit: I should note that I'm on a clean system so I had to download and install everything fresh using the .msi versions everywhere. )

 

Edited by Ravenleft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ravenleft said:

Just a note. It's the (new native Windows) launcher, which this user is using, that's broken and it was Mojang that broke the logging. It affects Minecraft version 1.10.2 and older, newer versions work fine again and FML logs are created as expected. There's an issue on Github that talks about this.

(I checked that this is still an issue with the latest Forge versions for 1.9.4, 1.10.2, 1.11.2 and 1.12 where 1.11.2 and 1.12 created the logs as they should and the older ones didn't. Edit: I should note that I'm on a clean system so I had to download and install everything fresh using the .msi versions everywhere. )

 

soo you say that i just need to get the old launcher?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AstralArcher1479 said:

soo you say that i just need to get the old launcher?

Trying probably wouldn't hurt but my post wasn't directed at your problem specifically but rather meant to remind diesieben07 about why you weren't getting any fml-client-latest logs. Here the latest.log you provided was enough (the logs that would normally go into the fml.client-latest log are if not all but mostly redirected to the latest.log for the older versions so most interesting information should be in there but in a harder to read format than in the normal log).

 

3 minutes ago, AstralArcher1479 said:

new crash repoortsss(probs the same reason as the others!!)

crash-2017-07-12_21.25.29-client.txt

 

Different crash. The -Xmx256M flag is gone, now it's crashing because your graphics card or the drivers you use doesn't support the basic OpenGL levels needed by Minecraft itself. Take a look here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, AstralArcher1479 said:

What appropriate driver should i get for my problem?

I first thought I was totally losing it cause I was sure your logs said you were running the 64bit version of Windows Vista when I replied to the last one but when I went to check your logs to see if there was any info related to your GPU and grabbed one of the earlier logs it suddenly said Windows 10...are you using different computers here?

 

Your Windows 10 computer appears to have an Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset using a Microsoft provided driver, those usually don't have OpenGL support. There are no Intel drivers for that chipset for Windows 10 and even if there were that chipset is below minimum requirements to run Minecraft at all (minimum GPU is a Intel HD Graphics chipset, yours is a generation older than that) which means that even if it would work it's in no way supported.

 

No clue what GPU your Vista computer has, it doesn't say in the logs. If it's the same computer as the Windows 10 one then you may have better luck finding drivers at least (Intel has drivers for the G41 Express Chipset up to Windows 7 I believe) and if so you should at least be able to get around the last crash but it's likely to crash again and just as with Windows 10, the chipset is not supported.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ravenleft said:

I first thought I was totally losing it cause I was sure your logs said you were running the 64bit version of Windows Vista when I replied to the last one but when I went to check your logs to see if there was any info related to your GPU and grabbed one of the earlier logs it suddenly said Windows 10...are you using different computers here?

 

Your Windows 10 computer appears to have an Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset using a Microsoft provided driver, those usually don't have OpenGL support. There are no Intel drivers for that chipset for Windows 10 and even if there were that chipset is below minimum requirements to run Minecraft at all (minimum GPU is a Intel HD Graphics chipset, yours is a generation older than that) which means that even if it would work it's in no way supported.

 

No clue what GPU your Vista computer has, it doesn't say in the logs. If it's the same computer as the Windows 10 one then you may have better luck finding drivers at least (Intel has drivers for the G41 Express Chipset up to Windows 7 I believe) and if so you should at least be able to get around the last crash but it's likely to crash again and just as with Windows 10, the chipset is not supported.

 

then what should i do? ;-; and its the same PC for both. second one is after i upgraded my driver

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, AstralArcher1479 said:

then what should i do? ;-; and its the same PC for both. second one is after i upgraded my driver

 

While it is technically possible to get drivers with OpenGL for the G41 chipset to work in Windows 10, this is way outside the scope of what we can help you with here.

 

For Vista, there are official drivers from Intel. These should work: Link

 

But, as I said, proper drivers should fix the latest crash but there are still no guarantees that it'll run (or if it does, be playable) as the graphics chip is not supported even by vanilla Minecraft.

 

Better solution: If it's a desktop PC (ie not a laptop) then you should be able to add a new, or at least less old, graphics card (with more up to date driver support) which would make life much easier and it would have the benefit of improving performance, probably by a lot, even with the very cheapest cards (at least as long as you go with Nvidia or ATI/AMD). You can't get just any card of course, you need a card that works with whatever motherboard you have but likely any card that support PCI-Express 2.0 should work.

 

If you need further help with hardware and/or operating system/driver issues I would really recommend finding a forum where this isn't off topic as it's really not a Forge related problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ravenleft said:

 

While it is technically possible to get drivers with OpenGL for the G41 chipset to work in Windows 10, this is way outside the scope of what we can help you with here.

 

For Vista, there are official drivers from Intel. These should work: Link

 

But, as I said, proper drivers should fix the latest crash but there are still no guarantees that it'll run (or if it does, be playable) as the graphics chip is not supported even by vanilla Minecraft.

 

Better solution: If it's a desktop PC (ie not a laptop) then you should be able to add a new, or at least less old, graphics card (with more up to date driver support) which would make life much easier and it would have the benefit of improving performance, probably by a lot, even with the very cheapest cards (at least as long as you go with Nvidia or ATI/AMD). You can't get just any card of course, you need a card that works with whatever motherboard you have but likely any card that support PCI-Express 2.0 should work.

 

If you need further help with hardware and/or operating system/driver issues I would really recommend finding a forum where this isn't off topic as it's really not a Forge related problem.

got it. thx for the help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.