[FIXED! finally] I put a 1.12 forge in the launcher and now it wont work...

Hey, sorry this is my first time in the forge website so please tell me in the reply section if I did something wrong with the thread, thank you!  Hello, I am having surrent problems with the minecraft forge 1.12 launcher and I have NO CLUE how to fix it. Every time i hit the PLAY tab, it just sends me back to the launcher immediatly. Please, in the reply section, if you have any suggestions or comments. I have had this problem for so long and I really want something to fix it. Thank You! Happy Summer! (dont worry, its fixed.)

Edited by ThatGuyThomas
Fixed! :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ThatGuyThomas said:

Choonster, (Sorry, I am a noob) How exactly do I do that? Is there a like certian file i have to downlaod or something?

Open the Minecraft game directory (.minecraft or whatever you've set it to in the launcher profile) then open the logs directory and look for the fml-client-latest.log file in it.

Open the Gist website in your web browser and then drag the file onto it. Click "Create secret gist" or "Create public gist", wait for the file to upload and then copy the URL from your web browser's address bar into a reply here.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Just now, Choonster said:

Open the Minecraft game directory (.minecraft or whatever you've set it to in the launcher profile) then open the logs directory and look for the fml-client-latest.log file in it.

Open the Gist website in your web browser and then drag the file onto it. Click "Create secret gist" or "Create public gist", wait for the file to upload and then copy the URL from your web browser's address bar into a reply here.

Okay, but (I AM INCREDIBLY STUPID.) can you please put that in shorter terms? xD

Just now, ThatGuyThomas said:

Okay, but (I AM INCREDIBLY STUPID.) can you please put that in shorter terms? xD

I tried to explain it as simply as I could. Was there a particular part you didn't understand?

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

5 minutes ago, Choonster said:

I tried to explain it as simply as I could. Was there a particular part you didn't understand?

Well for one, and i think I will probably understand this when i go to it, but where do i drag the file to the Gist (or Pastebin) link?

Well for one, and i think I will probably understand this when i go to it, but where do i drag the file to the Gist (or Pastebin) link?

Open the Gist website and then drag the file from the logs directory you have open in File Explorer (or your OS's equivalent) onto the web browser, you should see the page become darker and say "Drop one or more files here to prefill your gist!". When you see this, drop the file onto the page (release the mouse button) and the textbox in the middle should be filled with the log's contents.

3 minutes ago, Choonster said:

Open the Gist website and then drag the file from the logs directory you have open in File Explorer (or your OS's equivalent) onto the web browser, you should see the page become darker and say "Drop one or more files here to prefill your gist!". When you see this, drop the file onto the page (release the mouse button) and the textbox in the middle should be filled with the log's contents.

Is it an option to drag it from the file from the game directory from the launcher?

2 minutes ago, ThatGuyThomas said:

Is it an option to drag it from the file from the game directory from the launcher?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. The FML log is in the logs directory, which is in the game directory. The FML log isn't in the game directory itself.

Ahhh so you mean from the game directory from the MINECRAFT LAUNCHER?

The profile in the Minecraft Launcher determines where the game directory is. If you haven't changed it for the profile, it will be the same directory that the launcher is installed in.

3 minutes ago, ThatGuyThomas said:

But can you plz send the EXACT instructions agian clearly?

• Open the launcher profile, then click the green arrow next to the "Game directory" option to open the game directory.
  • Open the logs directory located in the game directory and find the fml-client-latest.log file.
  • Open Gist in your web browser.
  • Drag the fml-client-latest.log file from the logs directory onto the Gist web page. 
  • The page will become darker and say "Drop one or more files here to prefill your gist!". When you see this, drop the file onto the page (release the mouse button) and the textbox in the middle will be filled with the log's contents.
  • Click "Create secret gist" or "Create public gist" and wait for the file to be uploaded.
  • Copy the URL from the web browser's address bar.
  • Paste the URL into a reply here.

So Ii put in the whole entire folder or do i put in the whole entire output of it: [00:41:34] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Injecting tracing printstreams for STDOUT/STDERR.
[00:41:34] [main/INFO] [FML/]: Forge Mod Loader version 14.21.1.2400 for Minecraft 1.12 loading
[00:41:34] [main/INFO] [FML/]: Java is Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.8.0_25, running on Windows 10:amd64:10.0, installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft\runtime\jre-x64\1.8.0_25
[00:41:34] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Java classpath at launch is C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\net\minecraftforge\forge\1.12-14.21.1.2400\forge-1.12-14.21.1.2400.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\net\minecraft\launchwrapper\1.12\launchwrapper-1.12.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\ow2\asm\asm-all\5.2\asm-all-5.2.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\jline\jline\2.13\jline-2.13.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\typesafe\akka\akka-actor_2.11\2.3.3\akka-actor_2.11-2.3.3.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\typesafe\config\1.2.1\config-1.2.1.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\scala-lang\scala-actors-migration_2.11\1.1.0\scala-actors-migration_2.11-1.1.0.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\scala-lang\scala-compiler\2.11.1\scala-compiler-2.11.1.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\scala-lang\plugins\scala-continuations-library_2.11\1.0.2\scala-continuations-library_2.11-1.0.2.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\scala-lang\plugins\scala-continuations-plugin_2.11.1\1.0.2\scala-continuations-plugin_2.11.1-1.0.2.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\scala-lang\scala-library\2.11.1\scala-library-2.11.1.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\scala-lang\scala-parser-combinators_2.11\1.0.1\scala-parser-combinators_2.11-1.0.1.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\scala-lang\scala-reflect\2.11.1\scala-reflect-2.11.1.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\scala-lang\scala-swing_2.11\1.0.1\scala-swing_2.11-1.0.1.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\scala-lang\scala-xml_2.11\1.0.2\scala-xml_2.11-1.0.2.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\lzma\lzma\0.0.1\lzma-0.0.1.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\net\sf\jopt-simple\jopt-simple\5.0.3\jopt-simple-5.0.3.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\java3d\vecmath\1.5.2\vecmath-1.5.2.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\net\sf\trove4j\trove4j\3.0.3\trove4j-3.0.3.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\net\minecraftforge\MercuriusUpdater\1.12\MercuriusUpdater-1.12.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\mojang\patchy\1.1\patchy-1.1.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\oshi-project\oshi-core\1.1\oshi-core-1.1.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\net\java\dev\jna\jna\4.4.0\jna-4.4.0.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\net\java\dev\jna\platform\3.4.0\platform-3.4.0.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\ibm\icu\icu4j-core-mojang\51.2\icu4j-core-mojang-51.2.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\net\sf\jopt-simple\jopt-simple\5.0.3\jopt-simple-5.0.3.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\paulscode\codecjorbis\20101023\codecjorbis-20101023.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\paulscode\codecwav\20101023\codecwav-20101023.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\paulscode\libraryjavasound\20101123\libraryjavasound-20101123.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\paulscode\librarylwjglopenal\20100824\librarylwjglopenal-20100824.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\paulscode\soundsystem\20120107\soundsystem-20120107.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\io\netty\netty-all\4.1.9.Final\netty-all-4.1.9.Final.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\google\guava\guava\21.0\guava-21.0.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\apache\commons\commons-lang3\3.5\commons-lang3-3.5.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\commons-io\commons-io\2.5\commons-io-2.5.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\commons-codec\commons-codec\1.10\commons-codec-1.10.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\net\java\jinput\jinput\2.0.5\jinput-2.0.5.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\net\java\jutils\jutils\1.0.0\jutils-1.0.0.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\google\code\gson\gson\2.8.0\gson-2.8.0.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\mojang\authlib\1.5.25\authlib-1.5.25.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\mojang\realms\1.10.17\realms-1.10.17.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\apache\commons\commons-compress\1.8.1\commons-compress-1.8.1.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\apache\httpcomponents\httpclient\4.3.3\httpclient-4.3.3.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\commons-logging\commons-logging\1.1.3\commons-logging-1.1.3.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\apache\httpcomponents\httpcore\4.3.2\httpcore-4.3.2.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\it\unimi\dsi\fastutil\7.1.0\fastutil-7.1.0.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\apache\logging\log4j\log4j-api\2.8.1\log4j-api-2.8.1.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\apache\logging\log4j\log4j-core\2.8.1\log4j-core-2.8.1.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\lwjgl\lwjgl\lwjgl\2.9.4-nightly-20150209\lwjgl-2.9.4-nightly-20150209.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\lwjgl\lwjgl\lwjgl_util\2.9.4-nightly-20150209\lwjgl_util-2.9.4-nightly-20150209.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\mojang\text2speech\1.10.3\text2speech-1.10.3.jar;C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\versions\1.12\1.12.jar
[00:41:34] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Java library path at launch is C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Local\Temp\c8b0-59a6-d4d5-e3f5
[00:41:34] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Enabling runtime deobfuscation
[00:41:34] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Instantiating coremod class FMLCorePlugin
[00:41:34] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Added access transformer class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.transformers.AccessTransformer to enqueued access transformers
[00:41:34] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Enqueued coremod FMLCorePlugin
[00:41:34] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Instantiating coremod class FMLForgePlugin
[00:41:34] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Enqueued coremod FMLForgePlugin
[00:41:34] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: All fundamental core mods are successfully located
[00:41:34] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Attempting to load commandline specified mods, relative to C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft
[00:41:34] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Discovering coremods
[00:41:34] [main/FATAL] [FML/]: There appear to be jars extracted into the mods directory. This is VERY BAD and will almost NEVER WORK WELL
[00:41:34] [main/FATAL] [FML/]: You should place original jars only in the mods directory. NEVER extract them to the mods directory.
[00:41:34] [main/FATAL] [FML/]: The directories below appear to be extracted jar files. Fix this before you continue.
[00:41:35] [main/FATAL] [FML/]: Directory Quark-r1.2-100 contains [MANIFEST.MF]
[00:41:35] [main/FATAL] [FML/]: #@!@# FML has crashed the game deliberately. Crash report saved to: #@!@# C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\fml-crash-2017-07-08_00.41.35.txt
[00:41:35] [main/ERROR] [FML/]: An error occurred trying to configure the minecraft home at C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft for Forge Mod Loader
java.lang.RuntimeException: Extracted mod jars found, loading will NOT continue
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:307) ~[forge-1.12-14.21.1.2400.jar:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:255) ~[forge-1.12-14.21.1.2400.jar:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:100) [forge-1.12-14.21.1.2400.jar:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupClient(FMLLaunchHandler.java:79) [forge-1.12-14.21.1.2400.jar:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForClientLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:42) [forge-1.12-14.21.1.2400.jar:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLTweaker.java:138) [forge-1.12-14.21.1.2400.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
[00:41:35] [main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper/]: Unable to launch
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:307) ~[forge-1.12-14.21.1.2400.jar:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:255) ~[forge-1.12-14.21.1.2400.jar:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:100) ~[forge-1.12-14.21.1.2400.jar:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupClient(FMLLaunchHandler.java:79) ~[forge-1.12-14.21.1.2400.jar:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForClientLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:42) ~[forge-1.12-14.21.1.2400.jar:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLTweaker.java:138) ~[forge-1.12-14.21.1.2400.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
[00:41:35] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLSecurityManager$ExitTrappedException
[00:41:35] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]:     at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLSecurityManager.checkPermission(FMLSecurityManager.java:49)
[00:41:35] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]:     at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(SecurityManager.java:761)
[00:41:35] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]:     at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Runtime.java:107)
[00:41:35] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]:     at java.lang.System.exit(System.java:968)
[00:41:35] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]:     at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:138)
[00:41:35] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]:     at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

3 minutes ago, ThatGuyThomas said:

So Ii put in the whole entire folder or do i put in the whole entire output of it:

You're meant to upload the log to Gist (which I explained in detail how to do) and link it here. You're not meant to copy the log directly into your post.

Anyway, this is the issue:

4 minutes ago, ThatGuyThomas said:

[00:41:35] [main/ERROR] [FML/]: An error occurred trying to configure the minecraft home at C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft for Forge Mod Loader

Don't extract mods, just put the JARs in the mods directory.

Where exactly do I put the file in? In the "Gist discription" "Filename including extension..." or the big empty psace at the bottom?

Just drag the file anywhere on the page except the large textbox in the middle.

You've now uploaded the log correctly.

As I said previously, the issue is that you have extracted mods in your mods directory:

[00:41:34] [main/FATAL] [FML/]: There appear to be jars extracted into the mods directory. This is VERY BAD and will almost NEVER WORK WELL
[00:41:34] [main/FATAL] [FML/]: You should place original jars only in the mods directory. NEVER extract them to the mods directory.
[00:41:34] [main/FATAL] [FML/]: The directories below appear to be extracted jar files. Fix this before you continue.
[00:41:35] [main/FATAL] [FML/]: Directory Quark-r1.2-100 contains [MANIFEST.MF]
[00:41:35] [main/FATAL] [FML/]: #@!@# FML has crashed the game deliberately. Crash report saved to: #@!@# C:\Users\ifeyi12\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\fml-crash-2017-07-08_00.41.35.txt

17 minutes ago, ThatGuyThomas said:

So I can play minecraft 1.12 on forge agian?

If you remove the extracted mods, yes.

6 minutes ago, ThatGuyThomas said:

Okay, you how do you remove the extracted mods? Do you mean like remove my current mods I have downloaded?

The section of the log I quoted tells you which directory is an extracted mod, delete this.