Sword with metadata, texture and damage issue

Dylem

Hey, I have a problem with my Sword with metadata. I made an Item using variants (A, B, C) and it works good. But when I apply the same procedure to my sword, the variants get the same texture as the basic texture, and it looks "damaged" in inventory (with the green bar under it).

See the problem :

5b57f69c2d.png

Here is the code :https://github.com/dylem/DylemTestMod/blob/master/common/net/dylem/test_mod/item/ItemSoulSword.java 

note : I also tried to add setHasSubtypes without seeing any change, appart from breaking my call to increase the medata to the item ( stack.setItemDamage(stack.getItemDamage() + 1); ).

note 2 : addSoul is called from an event, but it is not related to the problem

5 minutes ago, Dylem said:

Hey, I have a problem with my Sword with metadata. I made an Item using variants (A, B, C) and it works good. But when I apply the same procedure to my sword, the variants get the same texture as the basic texture, and it looks "damaged" in inventory (with the green bar under it).

See the problem :

5b57f69c2d.png

Here is the code :https://github.com/dylem/DylemTestMod/blob/master/common/net/dylem/test_mod/item/ItemSoulSword.java 

note : I also tried to add setHasSubtypes without seeing any change, appart from breaking my call to increase the medata to the item ( stack.setItemDamage(stack.getItemDamage() + 1); ).

note 2 : addSoul is called from an event, but it is not related to the problem

Your swords can't use metadata to distinguish between different types. Swords already use metadata as how much damage they have.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Not entirely true. It is possible to use damage to load different textures. Some adventure maps are doing that to create their custom items. (You will have to make your item unbreakable to keep it from mutating into different swords though)

But that's more a resource pack question than a forge question.

• Like 1

Here could be your advertisement!