[1.4.5][WIP] TechnoSorcery Mod

BlueTears

After much brainstorming and coming up with something I would find cool and something that I would love to play I came up with the Techno Sorcery Mod.  The mod will involve a lot of lightning and the collection of magica from it to make items including a new tier of armor that I am calling Disilicate.  Users will also have to deal with creating both circuits and having a basic idea of electricity to safely use some of the machines in this mod.  I will periodically add things to this post as the mod advances in development but more than likely I will reply to other people within this post and provide updates as I go along with pictures.

Source

Wiki

Also below is a checklist of items I would like to add and their progression in the code.

Disilicate[Done]
Disilicate Armor[]
Disilicate Tools[]
Raw Disilicate[Done]
Molten Disilicate[Done]
Silicate[Done]
Silicate Ore[]
Basic Lightning Furnace[Recipe in Place]
Basic Lightning Infuser[Recipe in Place]
Ground Rod[]
Basic Electrical Elixa Capacitor[]
Basic Electrical Elixa Conductive Cable[]
Molds[]
Molder[]

If you have any questions, ideas or general concerns feel free to leave me a reply!

Currently working on the TechnoSorcery Mod

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update on the mod, sorry for immediately replying to my own post but I wanted to provide a bit of an update on the progress of the mod.  The time between the original post of this mod and now has been spent on researching a bit and restructuring my development environment and deciding on what I felt would make this the kind of mod I would want to play.

Also I have decided to make this mod open source since I really think that that is the best option to support the community and also because hopefully one day there is enough framework behind certain aspects of this mod that others will want to expand on it, and by making it open source others can see how exactly I laid out certain aspects.  In the original post I have provided a link to a place where anyone that would like to follow development can find the source files for this mod.

I have also begun the process of creating a wiki on git hub that accompanies this mod's source files and will lay out a lot of the the core aspects of the mod and things that will be coming in the future.

Finally I would like to announce that beginning today the first aspect of the mod is beginning creation which is using magical elixas one will be able to mold themselves certain items in game.  An example of how this would work is that using certain "machines" one can gather elixas from both the atmosphere or from other elements and using basic molds that they would have to craft they will be able to make items.  A good example of this is once on finds a diamond in the world they can create a mold of it and when enough elixa is gathered they can "pour" that elixa into the mold and after processing that they can create an additional diamond.

Keep in mind this is only one aspect of the mod, and certain elixas will make certain items but others will make different items.  For example one can use electrical elixa to power some of the "machines" in this mod but that specific type of elixa (electrical) will be incapable of being used in a mold to make iron ingots.

Overall I think this molding system will allow for some help in making items considering I do not plan to make a lot of the recipes easy to accomplish as I feel this mod is more of a bridge between some of the easier mods and end game content.  I also feel that even though this will make diamonds easier to get (which I plan on making it so you use this mod to make a lot of diamonds) it will be balanced out as this mod and many others out there now make it so diamonds are no longer end game content and instead much harder items like the nether star are.

As always if you have any suggestions or comments I would love to hear them!

Currently working on the TechnoSorcery Mod