[1.12] How to disable some mod recipe files via config file

Razor

Hello,

i have some additional questions to the condition system.

1. When i use System.out.println in IConditionFactory must it be shown in the console output?

2. Is it possible to call an condition everywhere in the json-recipe like so:

{
	"type": "minecraft:crafting_shaped",
	"pattern": [
		" C ",
		"C C",
		"CCC"
	],
	"key": {
		"C":
		[
			{
				"type": "forge:ore_dict",
				"ore": "itemRubber"
			},
			{
				"conditions":
				[
					{
					  "type" : "mod_loaded",
					  "mod" : "thermalfoundation"
					}
				],
				"item": "thermalfoundation:material",
				"data": 832
			}
		]
	},
	"result": {
		"item": "schopcraft:enh_canteen",
		"data": 0,
		"nbt":
		{
			"canteen_type": 0
		}
	}
}

I cannot confirm this why i don't receive an console output from my variables that i combine and mix in my IConditionFactory-Class and the json interpreter says that ingredient are not exists.

{
	"conditions":
	{
		"mod_allowed" : "net.test.config.ConditionFactoryModExists"
	}
}

And now my crappy IConditionFActory-Class:

public class ConditionFactoryModExists implements IConditionFactory
{
	@Override
	public BooleanSupplier parse(JsonContext context, JsonObject json)
	{
		// Loader.isModLoaded("Railcraft");
		String key = JsonUtils.getString(json , "mod");
		boolean value = JsonUtils.getBoolean(json , "value", true);
		//return () -> ApiUtils.isExistingOreName(key) == value;
		System.out.println ("Condition Key:" + key);
		return () -> Loader.isModLoaded(key);
	}
}

Yes i know crappy but without an system.out.println i don't have the ability to bugfix oldscool and when the triggering an factory not show an console ouput i have only an error-free json-parser output and then i must test with mod and without if it functioned.

thx

Conditions only apply to the recipe, not to individual ingredients. You need to specify the conditions property in the top-level object.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Ah okay, but how can i make an item-recipe that use and OR-Condition? Can i only make an JSON-Recipe for an item that binded on one Condition? When i use conditions in the top-level object how can i say to forge use 2 possible ingredients when both mods are present, use 1 possible ingredient when only 1 mod are present or ignore the recipe when non mod are present?

I will bind the IConditionFacrory to an true boolean if the Config says Yes and the Mod are present. (Yes i know not perfectly my code but how i say i code with system.out.println it is importent for me:)).

I will try to love the new JSON-Recipe System, i hope you can forgive me if you see that i cannot good handle with JSON-Logik but i learn every second:). If-Conditions are in my blood, but i understand that the json-system is not only performance technically good its prefend bugs and error before i can made an item in minecraft.

If you want conditional ingredients, you'll need to create an IIngredientFactory and specify it in _factories.json. In the IIngredientFactory, you can use CraftingHelper.processConditions to check if the conditions are met. If they are, return an Ingredient instance for the specified item; if they aren't, return Ingredient.EMPTY (an Ingredient that never matches any ItemStack).

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

7 minutes ago, CyberPunkBln said:

Hi,

thx but do you know an example or an example-url?

I have some IIngredientFactory implementations here, but none of them do what you're trying to achieve.

Hello,

completly fail at my side. Now i have the  IConditionFactory ready but are completly useless why i can only deactivate ore activate the hole recipe and do this only for a clean minecraft-log :).

That is only what i have found

https://gist.github.com/LexManos/2a11d4f7aa9d680d861dae4faf9dcfa6

thats an inspiration, but i can only say what Ingredient should it be when a mod is present, but when i have 2 mods and what use of both mod-ingredients in my multi-recipe.

but if when i have no mod, can i use Ingredient.EMPTY with constants?

Fuuh good old times, before 1.12 i have an Condition for GameRegistry:) ;).

ps: I think my big big problem is that thermalfoundation and industrialforgoing will make her Rubber-Products not as ore.itemPlastic, then i would have no problems

Have you tried making an IIngredientFactory like I recommended?

I just implemented one to do this here. I ended up using a custom Ingredient that never matches any ItemStack rather than using Ingredient.EMPTY; this is to prevent the Ingredient from matching an empty ItemStack when the conditions aren't met.

I also added a recipe like your example that uses a compound ingredient consisting of an itemRubber ore ingredient and a conditional ingredient that matches Thermal Foundation's Rosin when Thermal Foundation is loaded.

• 5 weeks later...
On 26.7.2017 at 10:40 AM, diesieben07 said:

Implement IConditionFactory and implement your condition there. A condition is really just something that returns a boolean, so you'd return whether or not your recipe should be active.

Then create a file assets/<modid>/recipes/_factories.json. It's structure is like so:

{
    "conditions": {
        "<name>": "<fully qualified classname for IConditionFactory>
    }
}

You can specify recipe and ingredient factories, too.

Now in your recipe json you can specify conditions like so:

{
    "conditions": [
        {
            "type": "<modid>:<name>"
        }
    ]
}

The JSON object in the conditions array will be passed to your IConditionFactory, so you can specify additional data here.

Note that this is only updated once at startup, conditions are not dynamically checked.

Okay i tried is, but now is the recipe deactivated regardless of whether the config option is true or false, whats wrong?

heres my condition class:

Spoiler

public class Condition implements IConditionFactory {

@Override
    public BooleanSupplier parse(JsonContext context, JsonObject json) {
        return () -> Testmod.activateBowCrafting;
    }

}

the _factories.json:

Spoiler

{
    "conditions": {
        "bow_recipes": "testmod.util.Condition"
    }
}

and a recipe json file:

Spoiler

{
  "conditions": [
    {
      "type": "testmod:bow_recipes"
    }
   ],

"type": "minecraft:crafting_shaped",
  "pattern": [

" #I",
    "# I",
    " #I"

],
  "key": {
    "#": {
      "item": "minecraft:diamond"
    },
    "I": {
      "item": "minecraft:string"
    }
  },

"result": {
    "item": "testmod:diamond_bow"
  }
}

Edited by Razor

Okay, i found a easier way to deactivate recipes!   

Here is my code:

Spoiler

@EventBusSubscriber
public class RecipeHandler {

@SubscribeEvent
    public static void registerRecipes(RegistryEvent.Register<IRecipe> event) {
        ResourceLocation recipe = new ResourceLocation("testmod:recipe");
        IForgeRegistryModifiable modRegistry = (IForgeRegistryModifiable) event.getRegistry();
        modRegistry.remove(recipe);
    }
}

Edited by Razor

Note that if you do it that way and have an Advancement set to grant the player the recipe, it will throw an error upon world load.

• Like 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.