[1.11.2>>1.12] Update & How To Modify Files

2veryicey

Hello,

I was wondering how I update my mod form 1.11.2 to 1.12

And, I was also wondering if it is possible to modify main files from in game, as I want to implement a feature to change name case without leaving the server that you are on

Edited by 2veryicey
EDIT: I Would Need To Modify The usercache.json & usernamecache.json

8 minutes ago, 2veryicey said:

I was wondering how I update my mod form 1.11.2 to 1.12

First update your workspace to 1.12 by editing build.gradle. Change the ForgeGradle version from 2.2 to 2.3, change the Forge version to a 1.12 version and change the MCP mappings version to a 1.12 version. After doing this, re-run setupDecompWorkspace and refresh your IDE project.

Then start fixing any compilation errors in your code.

The main changes from 1.11.2 to 1.12 are overhauls of the registry and crafting recipe systems:

• GameRegistry.register is now private, use the registry events instead.
  • Recipes are now loaded from JSON files and managed by a Forge registry.

There have been several threads about both of these changes, I suggest searching for them if you have any questions. If you can't find the answers, ask here.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

9 hours ago, Choonster said:

First update your workspace to 1.12 by editing build.gradle. Change the ForgeGradle version from 2.2 to 2.3, change the Forge version to a 1.12 version and change the MCP mappings version to a 1.12 version. After doing this, re-run setupDecompWorkspace and refresh your IDE project.

Then start fixing any compilation errors in your code.

The main changes from 1.11.2 to 1.12 are overhauls of the registry and crafting recipe systems:

• GameRegistry.register is now private, use the registry events instead.
  • Recipes are now loaded from JSON files and managed by a Forge registry.

There have been several threads about both of these changes, I suggest searching for them if you have any questions. If you can't find the answers, ask here.

Is This Correct?

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 7.54.30 PM (2).png

Don't use <mc_version>-latest as the Forge version (the minecraft.version property), specify a concrete version (e.g. 1.12-14.21.1.2426) so your mod can always be built without being affected by changes in newer versions of Forge.

14.21.1.2426 is a Forge version, not an MCP mappings version. The MCPBot website has a list of mappings versions here.

Get rid of the sourceCompatibility/targetCompatibility lines, ForgeGradle 2.3 automatically targets Java 8 now that Minecraft 1.12 targets it.

Don't post code in screenshots, either include it in your post in a code block (the <> icon) or upload it to a site like Gist/Pastebin and link it here.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.