Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[1.12] getDrops method

Sommanker

Hi,

I just went to create a block that is guaranteed to drop three different items (e.g. 1 of item a, 1 of item b and 1 of item c) when broken, which would, previously, have been done through the getDrops method in Block:

Spoiler

@Deprecated
    public List<ItemStack> getDrops(IBlockAccess world, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, int fortune)
    {
        NonNullList<ItemStack> ret = NonNullList.create();
        getDrops(ret, world, pos, state, fortune);
        return ret;
    }

where you create a NonNullList with the items and return it.

However, this is deprecated, so now we should use the new getDrops method in Block:

Spoiler

/**
     * This gets a complete list of items dropped from this block.
     * @param drops add all items this block drops to this drops list
     * @param world The current world
     * @param pos Block position in world
     * @param state Current state
     * @param fortune Breakers fortune level
     */
    public void getDrops(NonNullList<ItemStack> drops, IBlockAccess world, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, int fortune)
    {
        Random rand = world instanceof World ? ((World)world).rand : RANDOM;

int count = quantityDropped(state, fortune, rand);
        for (int i = 0; i < count; i++)
        {
            Item item = this.getItemDropped(state, rand, fortune);
            if (item != Items.AIR)
            {
                drops.add(new ItemStack(item, 1, this.damageDropped(state)));
            }
        }
    }

This instead takes the list as an argument, and returns nothing.

How does one use this new method? How will forge have the ItemStack list to pass when it is called, or do I have to call it myself - in which case, from where? I couldn't find anything in Block, and I don't know where else to look.

For these types of functions the list would simply be passed in already created (you dont have to make it yourself with 'new') and you simply add the drops to the list provided.

Because its passed by reference then the list will be the same once your function has completed, ready for forge to drop the items onto the ground (or more likely go through the event system first so other mods can make changes to the drops)

So just add a, b and c to drops

7 minutes ago, Notunknown said:

For these types of functions the list would simply be passed in already created (you dont have to make it yourself with 'new') and you simply add the drops to the list provided.

Because its passed by reference then the list will be the same once your function has completed, ready for forge to drop the items onto the ground (or more likely go through the event system first so other mods can make changes to the drops)

So just add a, b and c to drops

I can't find any provided list - there doesn't seem to be a NonNullList declared in Block.

6 minutes ago, _Bedrockbreaker_ said:

I am thinking (which means I may be totally wrong) that you want to override the onBlockBroken method and call something that has a reference to a custom loot table which would allow to do almost anything with the blocks drops.

That could be it considering that onBlockDestroyedByPlayer (assuming that's what you meant since there is no onBlockBroken) has no body in the Block class, I'll give it a try.

Edited by Sommanker

I doubt the list would be in the Block, but in whatever function calls getDrops. Your drops should be added to the NonNullList provided. For example:

public void getDrops(NonNullList<ItemStack> drops, IBlockAccess world, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, int fortune)

{

super.getDrops(drops, world, pos, state, fortune);

drops.add(new ItemStack(Items.IRON_INGOT));

drops.add(new ItemStack(Items.GOLD_INGOT));

drops.add(new ItemStack(Items.DIAMOND));

}

Edited by Notunknown
Cant use forums xP

Ok, so I therefore assume that I have to override the onBlockDestroyedByPlayer and the same for explosions so that I can do that?

And also override dropBlockAsItem and dropBlockAsItemWithChance, as they still use the deprecated for backwards compatibility meaning that I should un-override them again once the deprecated method is removed?

dropBlockAsItemWithChance calls the deprecated getDrops at the moment though:

Spoiler

public void dropBlockAsItemWithChance(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, float chance, int fortune)
    {
        if (!worldIn.isRemote && !worldIn.restoringBlockSnapshots) // do not drop items while restoring blockstates, prevents item dupe
        {
            List<ItemStack> drops = getDrops(worldIn, pos, state, fortune); // use the old method until it gets removed, for backward compatibility
            chance = net.minecraftforge.event.ForgeEventFactory.fireBlockHarvesting(drops, worldIn, pos, state, fortune, chance, false, harvesters.get());

for (ItemStack drop : drops)
            {
                if (worldIn.rand.nextFloat() <= chance)
                {
                    spawnAsEntity(worldIn, pos, drop);
                }
            }
        }
    }

which has different arguments, so overriding the new getDrops won't affect it I thought?

Ah, I think I understand, so the old getDrops is called automatically, so I don't need to override the onBlockDestroyed methods to call it, nor the dropBlockAsItem methods, so I just need to override the old getDrops to add stuff to the NonNullList it creates, and leave everything else the same, until the old getDrops method is removed.

I'll try it :3

If this is correct, it's kinda weird since the comments above the old getDrops tells you to use the other one...

Edited by Sommanker

Yeah, but you can't override and use the new one because then there is no way to add items to the NonNullList which must be passed to it unless you override all the other methods I list in earlier posts, which I thought should be unnecessary (and I assumed will be when the deprecated getDrops is removed)?

Yeah, so basically dont use getDrops(IBlockAccess, BlockPos, IBlockState, int) as it will probably be removed entirely by 1.13 and doesnt do anything important, either.

As for dropBlockAsItem and dropBlockAsItemWithChance, for most blocks you will not need to override either of those.

1 minute ago, Sommanker said:

Yeah, but you can't override and use the new one because then there is no way to add items to the NonNullList which must be passed to it unless you override all the other methods I list in earlier posts, which I thought should be unnecessary (and I assumed will be when the deprecated getDrops is removed)?

What are you talking about? The non-deprecated version of getDrops lets you add things to the list just fine.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• downgrad your java to java 8 320
    • How to i searched shortly and found only how to uninstall the sdk 17 or something 
    • hi, im here againt because i need something, the all my overlays are 256x256, even those from some overlay tutorials, but i've seen some people that uses overlays of 1920x1080 and i tried but it kind of duplicate (my overlays of 256x256 works)   (1920x1080) this is how it should look: https://imgur.com/a/p8pXEzn and this is how IT LOOKS: https://imgur.com/a/4F35AAP mc.getTextureManager().bindTexture(textureLocation); //gui.drawTexturedModalRect(x, y, imageOffsetX, imageOffsetY, imageSizeX, imageSizeY,zLevel); gui.drawTexturedModalRect(x, y, 0, 0, 1920, 1080,100); mc.getTextureManager().bindTexture(AbstractGui.GUI_ICONS_LOCATION);  
    • Piston Block: public class HoneyStickyPistonBlock extends PistonBlock { private final boolean isSticky; public HoneyStickyPistonBlock(boolean sticky, Properties properties) { super(sticky, properties); this.setDefaultState(this.stateContainer.getBaseState().with(FACING, Direction.NORTH).with(EXTENDED, Boolean.valueOf(false))); this.isSticky = sticky; } @Override //Nothing edited, put in for checkformove() public void onBlockPlacedBy(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, BlockState state, LivingEntity placer, ItemStack stack) { if (!worldIn.isRemote) { this.checkForMove(worldIn, pos, state); } } @Override //Nothing edited, put in for checkformove() public void neighborChanged(BlockState state, World worldIn, BlockPos pos, Block blockIn, BlockPos fromPos, boolean isMoving) { if (!worldIn.isRemote) { this.checkForMove(worldIn, pos, state); } } @Override //Nothing edited, put in for checkformove() public void onBlockAdded(BlockState state, World worldIn, BlockPos pos, BlockState oldState, boolean isMoving) { if (!oldState.isIn(state.getBlock())) { if (!worldIn.isRemote && worldIn.getTileEntity(pos) == null) { this.checkForMove(worldIn, pos, state); } } } @Override //Nothing edited, may not be necessary public BlockState getStateForPlacement(BlockItemUseContext context) { return this.getDefaultState().with(FACING, context.getNearestLookingDirection().getOpposite()).with(EXTENDED, Boolean.valueOf(false)); } private void checkForMove(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, BlockState state) { Direction direction = state.get(FACING); boolean flag = this.shouldBeExtended(worldIn, pos, direction); if (flag && !state.get(EXTENDED)) { if ((new PistonBlockStructureHelper(worldIn, pos, direction, true)).canMove()) { worldIn.addBlockEvent(pos, this, 0, direction.getIndex()); } } else if (!flag && state.get(EXTENDED)) { BlockPos blockpos = pos.offset(direction, 2); BlockState blockstate = worldIn.getBlockState(blockpos); int i = 1; if (blockstate.isIn(Blocks.MOVING_PISTON) && blockstate.get(FACING) == direction) { TileEntity tileentity = worldIn.getTileEntity(blockpos); if (tileentity instanceof HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity) { HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity pistontileentity = (HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity)tileentity; if (pistontileentity.isExtending() && (pistontileentity.getProgress(0.0F) < 0.5F || worldIn.getGameTime() == pistontileentity.getLastTicked() || ((ServerWorld)worldIn).isInsideTick())) { i = 2; } } } worldIn.addBlockEvent(pos, this, i, direction.getIndex()); } } private boolean shouldBeExtended(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, Direction facing) { for(Direction direction : Direction.values()) { if (direction != facing && worldIn.isSidePowered(pos.offset(direction), direction)) { return true; } } if (worldIn.isSidePowered(pos, Direction.DOWN)) { return true; } else { BlockPos blockpos = pos.up(); for(Direction direction1 : Direction.values()) { if (direction1 != Direction.DOWN && worldIn.isSidePowered(blockpos.offset(direction1), direction1)) { return true; } } return false; } } @Override @Deprecated public boolean eventReceived(BlockState state, World worldIn, BlockPos pos, int id, int param) { Direction direction = state.get(FACING); if (!worldIn.isRemote) { boolean flag = this.shouldBeExtended(worldIn, pos, direction); if (flag && (id == 1 || id == 2)) { worldIn.setBlockState(pos, state.with(EXTENDED, Boolean.valueOf(true)), 2); return false; } if (!flag && id == 0) { return false; } } if (id == 0) { if (net.minecraftforge.event.ForgeEventFactory.onPistonMovePre(worldIn, pos, direction, true)) return false; if (!this.doMove(worldIn, pos, direction, true)) { return false; } worldIn.setBlockState(pos, state.with(EXTENDED, Boolean.valueOf(true)), 67); worldIn.playSound((PlayerEntity)null, pos, SoundEvents.BLOCK_PISTON_EXTEND, SoundCategory.BLOCKS, 0.5F, worldIn.rand.nextFloat() * 0.25F + 0.6F); } else if (id == 1 || id == 2) { if (net.minecraftforge.event.ForgeEventFactory.onPistonMovePre(worldIn, pos, direction, false)) return false; TileEntity tileentity1 = worldIn.getTileEntity(pos.offset(direction)); if (tileentity1 instanceof HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity) { ((HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity)tileentity1).clearPistonTileEntity(); } BlockState blockstate = Blocks.MOVING_PISTON.getDefaultState().with(MovingPistonBlock.FACING, direction).with(MovingPistonBlock.TYPE, PistonType.STICKY); worldIn.setBlockState(pos, blockstate, 20); worldIn.setTileEntity(pos, new HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity(this.getDefaultState().with(FACING, Direction.byIndex(param & 7)), direction, false, true)); worldIn.func_230547_a_(pos, blockstate.getBlock()); blockstate.updateNeighbours(worldIn, pos, 2); if (this.isSticky) { BlockPos blockpos = pos.add(direction.getXOffset() * 2, direction.getYOffset() * 2, direction.getZOffset() * 2); BlockState blockstate1 = worldIn.getBlockState(blockpos); boolean flag1 = false; if (blockstate1.isIn(Blocks.MOVING_PISTON)) { TileEntity tileentity = worldIn.getTileEntity(blockpos); if (tileentity instanceof HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity) { HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity pistontileentity = (HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity)tileentity; if (pistontileentity.getFacing() == direction && pistontileentity.isExtending()) { pistontileentity.clearPistonTileEntity(); flag1 = true; } } } if (!flag1) { if (id != 1 || blockstate1.isAir() || !canPush(blockstate1, worldIn, blockpos, direction.getOpposite(), false, direction) || blockstate1.getPushReaction() != PushReaction.NORMAL && !blockstate1.isIn(BlockInit.HONEY_STICKY_PISTON.get())) { worldIn.removeBlock(pos.offset(direction), false); } else { this.doMove(worldIn, pos, direction, false); } } } else { worldIn.removeBlock(pos.offset(direction), false); } worldIn.playSound((PlayerEntity)null, pos, SoundEvents.BLOCK_PISTON_CONTRACT, SoundCategory.BLOCKS, 0.5F, worldIn.rand.nextFloat() * 0.15F + 0.6F); } net.minecraftforge.event.ForgeEventFactory.onPistonMovePost(worldIn, pos, direction, (id == 0)); return true; } //Static method weirdness? might need to remove because it's not polymorphic public static boolean canPush(BlockState blockStateIn, World worldIn, BlockPos pos, Direction facing, boolean destroyBlocks, Direction direction) { if (pos.getY() >= 0 && pos.getY() <= worldIn.getHeight() - 1 && worldIn.getWorldBorder().contains(pos)) { if (blockStateIn.isAir()) { return true; } else if (!blockStateIn.isIn(Blocks.OBSIDIAN) && !blockStateIn.isIn(Blocks.CRYING_OBSIDIAN) && !blockStateIn.isIn(Blocks.RESPAWN_ANCHOR)) { if (facing == Direction.DOWN && pos.getY() == 0) { return false; } else if (facing == Direction.UP && pos.getY() == worldIn.getHeight() - 1) { return false; } else { if (!blockStateIn.isIn(Blocks.PISTON) && !blockStateIn.isIn(Blocks.STICKY_PISTON) && !blockStateIn.isIn(BlockInit.HONEY_STICKY_PISTON.get())) { if (blockStateIn.getBlockHardness(worldIn, pos) == -1.0F) { return false; } switch(blockStateIn.getPushReaction()) { case BLOCK: return false; case DESTROY: return destroyBlocks; case PUSH_ONLY: return facing == direction; } } else if (blockStateIn.get(EXTENDED)) { return false; } return !blockStateIn.hasTileEntity(); } } else { return false; } } else { return false; } } private boolean doMove(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, Direction directionIn, boolean extending) { BlockPos blockpos = pos.offset(directionIn); if (!extending && worldIn.getBlockState(blockpos).isIn(BlockInit.HONEY_STICKY_PISTON_HEAD.get())) { worldIn.setBlockState(blockpos, Blocks.AIR.getDefaultState(), 20); } PistonBlockStructureHelper pistonblockstructurehelper = new PistonBlockStructureHelper(worldIn, pos, directionIn, extending); if (!pistonblockstructurehelper.canMove()) { return false; } else { Map<BlockPos, BlockState> map = Maps.newHashMap(); List<BlockPos> list = pistonblockstructurehelper.getBlocksToMove(); List<BlockState> list1 = Lists.newArrayList(); for(int i = 0; i < list.size(); ++i) { BlockPos blockpos1 = list.get(i); BlockState blockstate = worldIn.getBlockState(blockpos1); list1.add(blockstate); map.put(blockpos1, blockstate); } List<BlockPos> list2 = pistonblockstructurehelper.getBlocksToDestroy(); BlockState[] ablockstate = new BlockState[list.size() + list2.size()]; Direction direction = extending ? directionIn : directionIn.getOpposite(); int j = 0; for(int k = list2.size() - 1; k >= 0; --k) { BlockPos blockpos2 = list2.get(k); BlockState blockstate1 = worldIn.getBlockState(blockpos2); TileEntity tileentity = blockstate1.hasTileEntity() ? worldIn.getTileEntity(blockpos2) : null; spawnDrops(blockstate1, worldIn, blockpos2, tileentity); worldIn.setBlockState(blockpos2, Blocks.AIR.getDefaultState(), 18); ablockstate[j++] = blockstate1; } for(int l = list.size() - 1; l >= 0; --l) { BlockPos blockpos3 = list.get(l); BlockState blockstate5 = worldIn.getBlockState(blockpos3); blockpos3 = blockpos3.offset(direction); map.remove(blockpos3); worldIn.setBlockState(blockpos3, Blocks.MOVING_PISTON.getDefaultState().with(FACING, directionIn), 68); worldIn.setTileEntity(blockpos3, new HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity(list1.get(l), directionIn, extending, false)); ablockstate[j++] = blockstate5; } if (extending) { PistonType pistontype = PistonType.STICKY; BlockState blockstate4 = BlockInit.HONEY_STICKY_PISTON_HEAD.get().getDefaultState().with(HoneyStickyPistonHeadBlock.FACING, directionIn).with(HoneyStickyPistonHeadBlock.TYPE, pistontype); BlockState blockstate6 = Blocks.MOVING_PISTON.getDefaultState().with(MovingPistonBlock.FACING, directionIn).with(MovingPistonBlock.TYPE, PistonType.STICKY); map.remove(blockpos); worldIn.setBlockState(blockpos, blockstate6, 68); worldIn.setTileEntity(blockpos, new HoneyStickyPistonTileEntity(blockstate4, directionIn, true, true)); } BlockState blockstate3 = Blocks.AIR.getDefaultState(); for(BlockPos blockpos4 : map.keySet()) { worldIn.setBlockState(blockpos4, blockstate3, 82); } for(Entry<BlockPos, BlockState> entry : map.entrySet()) { BlockPos blockpos5 = entry.getKey(); BlockState blockstate2 = entry.getValue(); blockstate2.updateDiagonalNeighbors(worldIn, blockpos5, 2); blockstate3.updateNeighbours(worldIn, blockpos5, 2); blockstate3.updateDiagonalNeighbors(worldIn, blockpos5, 2); } j = 0; for(int i1 = list2.size() - 1; i1 >= 0; --i1) { BlockState blockstate7 = ablockstate[j++]; BlockPos blockpos6 = list2.get(i1); blockstate7.updateDiagonalNeighbors(worldIn, blockpos6, 2); worldIn.notifyNeighborsOfStateChange(blockpos6, blockstate7.getBlock()); } for(int j1 = list.size() - 1; j1 >= 0; --j1) { worldIn.notifyNeighborsOfStateChange(list.get(j1), ablockstate[j++].getBlock()); } if (extending) { worldIn.notifyNeighborsOfStateChange(blockpos, BlockInit.HONEY_STICKY_PISTON_HEAD.get()); } return true; } } @Override public PushReaction getPushReaction(BlockState state) { return PushReaction.NORMAL; } } Piston Head Block: public class HoneyStickyPistonHeadBlock extends PistonHeadBlock{ private static final VoxelShape[] EXTENDED_SHAPES = getShapesForExtension(true); private static final VoxelShape[] UNEXTENDED_SHAPES = getShapesForExtension(false); private static VoxelShape[] getShapesForExtension(boolean extended) { return Arrays.stream(Direction.values()).map((direction) -> { return getShapeForDirection(direction, extended); }).toArray((id) -> { return new VoxelShape[id]; }); } private static VoxelShape getShapeForDirection(Direction direction, boolean shortArm) { switch(direction) { case DOWN: default: return VoxelShapes.or(PISTON_EXTENSION_DOWN_AABB, shortArm ? SHORT_DOWN_ARM_AABB : DOWN_ARM_AABB); case UP: return VoxelShapes.or(PISTON_EXTENSION_UP_AABB, shortArm ? SHORT_UP_ARM_AABB : UP_ARM_AABB); case NORTH: return VoxelShapes.or(PISTON_EXTENSION_NORTH_AABB, shortArm ? SHORT_NORTH_ARM_AABB : NORTH_ARM_AABB); case SOUTH: return VoxelShapes.or(PISTON_EXTENSION_SOUTH_AABB, shortArm ? SHORT_SOUTH_ARM_AABB : SOUTH_ARM_AABB); case WEST: return VoxelShapes.or(PISTON_EXTENSION_WEST_AABB, shortArm ? SHORT_WEST_ARM_AABB : WEST_ARM_AABB); case EAST: return VoxelShapes.or(PISTON_EXTENSION_EAST_AABB, shortArm ? SHORT_EAST_ARM_AABB : EAST_ARM_AABB); } } public HoneyStickyPistonHeadBlock(AbstractBlock.Properties properties) { super(properties); this.setDefaultState(this.stateContainer.getBaseState().with(FACING, Direction.NORTH).with(TYPE, PistonType.STICKY).with(SHORT, Boolean.valueOf(false))); } @Override //Nothing changed, may not be necessary public VoxelShape getShape(BlockState state, IBlockReader worldIn, BlockPos pos, ISelectionContext context) { return (state.get(SHORT) ? EXTENDED_SHAPES : UNEXTENDED_SHAPES)[state.get(FACING).ordinal()]; } private boolean isExtended(BlockState baseState, BlockState extendedState) { return extendedState.isIn(BlockInit.HONEY_STICKY_PISTON.get()) && extendedState.get(HoneyStickyPistonBlock.EXTENDED) && extendedState.get(FACING) == baseState.get(FACING); } @Override //Nothing changed, may not be necessary public void onBlockHarvested(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, BlockState state, PlayerEntity player) { if (!worldIn.isRemote && player.abilities.isCreativeMode) { BlockPos blockpos = pos.offset(state.get(FACING).getOpposite()); if (this.isExtended(state, worldIn.getBlockState(blockpos))) { worldIn.destroyBlock(blockpos, false); } } super.onBlockHarvested(worldIn, pos, state, player); } @Override //Nothing changed, may not be necessary public boolean isValidPosition(BlockState state, IWorldReader worldIn, BlockPos pos) { BlockState blockstate = worldIn.getBlockState(pos.offset(state.get(FACING).getOpposite())); return this.isExtended(state, blockstate) || blockstate.isIn(Blocks.MOVING_PISTON) && blockstate.get(FACING) == state.get(FACING); } @Override public ItemStack getItem(IBlockReader worldIn, BlockPos pos, BlockState state) { return new ItemStack(BlockInit.HONEY_STICKY_PISTON.get()); } }  
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.