[1.12] ItemRecord Sound to InputStream

mysticalherobine

Hey there everyone. I'm currently attempting to fetch the input stream for the sound file of a record. The problem is that every time I attempt to it throws an exception such as

[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: java.io.FileNotFoundException: minecraft:record.mellohi
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at net.minecraft.client.resources.FallbackResourceManager.getResource(FallbackResourceManager.java:69)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at net.minecraft.client.resources.SimpleReloadableResourceManager.getResource(SimpleReloadableResourceManager.java:65)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo.playCurrent(TileEntityStereo.java:75)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo.activateTileEntity(TileEntityStereo.java:59)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.block.BlockStereo.onBlockActivated(BlockStereo.java:53)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerInteractionManager.processRightClickBlock(PlayerInteractionManager.java:472)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.processTryUseItemOnBlock(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:757)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketPlayerTryUseItemOnBlock.processPacket(CPacketPlayerTryUseItemOnBlock.java:68)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketPlayerTryUseItemOnBlock.processPacket(CPacketPlayerTryUseItemOnBlock.java:13)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.run(PacketThreadUtil.java:21)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at net.minecraft.util.Util.runTask(Util.java:53)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:795)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tick(MinecraftServer.java:740)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.tick(IntegratedServer.java:192)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:589)
[02:24:49] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.mystic.vanillaexpansion.tileentity.TileEntityStereo:playCurrent:79]: 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The way I attempt to get the file is through:

ItemRecord record = (ItemRecord) contents.get(0).getItem();
		System.out.println(record.getSound().getRegistryName() + " : " + record.getSound().getSoundName());
		try
		{
			InputStream stream = Minecraft.getMinecraft().getResourceManager().getResource(record.getSound().getSoundName()).getInputStream();
		} catch (IOException e)
		{
			// TODO Auto-generated catch block
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

Which fails every time for some odd reason. Maybe I'm just overthinking or looking something, but the InputStream is never gotten from a failed resource name.

Any help is very much appreciated. The reason I want to do this is for cross mod compatibility with other records added in to the game. (I want to use the file to get the length of the record)

Can you elaborate for me please? I though I was already using 

record.getSound()

I was using the SoundEvent give by the above method to then get the resource location using

record.getSound().getSoundName()

Is that wrong for retrieving sound InputStreams? Am I supposed to use the sound event to get the location instead of using the getSoundName() method?

The name of a SoundEvent isn't the name of the sound file(s) it plays, you need to get the file the same way that the sound system does.

First use SoundHandler#getAccessor to get the SoundEventAccessor for the SoundEvent's name (SoundEvent#getSoundName). This is a wrapper around zero or more ISoundEventAccessor objects, each of which could be either another SoundEventAccessor (a sound event) or a Sound (a sound file).

Then use SoundEventAccessor#cloneEntry to select a random Sound from the event's list of sound files and Sound#getSoundAsOggLocation to get the path to the sound file (a ResourceLocation).

One you have the path, use IResourceManager#getResource to get the IResource and IResource#getInputStream to get the InputStream.

If the record has more than one possible file, this will select one at random. To get every possible file, you'd need to access SoundEventAccessor#accessorList via reflection.

• Like 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.