Add and Remove Advancements

drok0920

Hello again,

I am very new to the whole advancement thing and i was wondering how i could

A) add my own and 

B) remove vanilla ones

I know that removing the vanilla ones may cause issues with other mods but it is necessary because i am complete changing the games progression.

If you're considering advancements that are triggered similarly to vanilla ones, and for replacing vanilla ones you might want to read up on the JSON capabilities: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/redstone-discussion-and/commands-command-blocks-and/2809368-1-12-custom-advancements-aka-achievements

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

22 hours ago, jabelar said:

If you're considering advancements that are triggered similarly to vanilla ones, and for replacing vanilla ones you might want to read up on the JSON capabilities: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/redstone-discussion-and/commands-command-blocks-and/2809368-1-12-custom-advancements-aka-achievements

I know that i could just delete the advancement files but i cant have my mod do that automatically and unless i misread something.  I also cant include them in my mod i would have to add them to my data folder.  Would i need to make my mod write the json files to the data folder every time a world is created or is there a different way of doing it.

Forge will load advancements from your mod's assets/<modid>/advancements directory.

I don't think there's any way to remove vanilla advancements without messing around with the internals of AdvancementManager.

• Like 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Thank you for explaining how to add them.  I will take a look at Advancement manager to see if i can remove the vanilla ones.  Worse case scenario i will advise users to delete the vanilla ones from their world folder.  Assuming that minecraft wont just add them back in.

Edited by drok0920

WorldServer#getAdvancementManager returns the server world's AdvancementManager. The World#advancementManager field is never used by client worlds, I'm not entirely sure why it's in World rather than WorldServer.

Looking into this further, advancements are actually stored in the AdvancementList instance (AdvancementManager.ADVANCEMENT_LIST and ClientAdvancementManager#advancementList). You'll need to use reflection to access the server instance and the internal collections.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

1 hour ago, drok0920 said:

Ok i think i have figured out how to access the field via reflection but when should i remove the advancements?  I would assume post init?

No, advancements are loaded when the server starts (WorldServer#init, called from MinecraftServer#loadAllWorlds) and when it's asked to reload them (MinecraftServer#reload).

WorldEvent.Load will be fired for dimension 0 just after the initial load, but there's currently no event fired for the reload. This PR adds an event for the reload, but it's not likely to be merged until the author documents the event.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Choonster said:

No, advancements are loaded when the server starts (WorldServer#init, called from MinecraftServer#loadAllWorlds) and when it's asked to reload them (MinecraftServer#reload).

WorldEvent.Load will be fired for dimension 0 just after the initial load, but there's currently no event fired for the reload. This PR adds an event for the reload, but it's not likely to be merged until the author documents the event.

ok so ill remove them during the load event but when does reload even get triggered? i am aware that there is no event but what would cause it to reload anyway.

Just now, drok0920 said:

ok so ill remove them during the load event but when does reload even get triggered? i am aware that there is no event but what would cause it to reload anyway.

If you look at the usages of MinecraftServer#reload, you'll see that it's called from CommandReload#execute (i.e. the /reload command) and from Minecraft#refreshResources (i.e. the method used to reload resource packs).

It's only called from Minecraft#refreshResources when there's an integrated server running (i.e. single player or the LAN host).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drok0920 said:

One last question.  Where would i find the WorldServer instance.

It depends where you need it.

For WorldEvent.Load, use WorldEvent#getWorld to get the World. Most other places will have a World argument/field available.

If World#isRemote is false, you're on the logical server and the World is a WorldServer.

If you really don't have a World/WorldServer available, use DimensionManager.getWorld to get the WorldServer for dimension 0.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your help but i have one last question.  I have put my advancement in a sub folder of advancements and it isnt loading.  There is no error so i would assume it only loads from the advancements folder and not its sub folders.  If this is the case how can i put my advancements in separate or custom tabs?

Edit after some experimentation even advancements located in advancements and not a subfolder still dont load.  No error is logged.

Here is my advancement:

{
    "display": {
        "icon": {
            "item": "poverhaul:rock"
        },
        "title": "Leave No Stone Unturned"
    },
    "parent": "",
    "criteria": {
        "rock": {
            "trigger": "minecraft:inventory_changed",
            "conditions": {
                "items": [
                    {
                        "item": "poverhaul:rock"
                    }
                ]
            }
        }
    }
}

Capture.PNG

Edited by drok0920

If your advancement should be the root of a new tab, don't specify the parent element in the JSON file at all. If you specify the parent element, use an advancement that exists.

If you specify the parent element and the specified advancement doesn't exist, AdvancementList#loadAdvancements will ignore your advancement.

5 hours ago, drok0920 said:

Ok thank you i will change that now.  But how do I create a new tab?

Just create an advancement with no parent and it will become the root of a new tab.

Will it auto create it and if so how do i name it or set the icon.

The JSON format is documented on the wiki. The display element controls how the advancement (and the tab if it's a root) is displayed.

Also is it possible to use sub folders for organization?

Yes, Forge will traverse every file in your mod's advancements directory and every subdirectory of it.

Edited by Choonster

I copied your advancements into my mod, modified them to use vanilla items and my mod ID for the parent advancements and then ran the game. When I loaded a world, I got an error saying that both advancements were missing a description element in the display object.

• Like 1

These are the errors I get when both advancements are missing the description element:

Spoiler

[02:22:57] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML] []: Parsing error loading built-in advancement testmod3:tab1/breath
com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: Missing description
    at net.minecraft.util.JsonUtils.deserializeClass(JsonUtils.java:375) ~[JsonUtils.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.advancements.DisplayInfo.deserialize(DisplayInfo.java:107) ~[DisplayInfo.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.advancements.Advancement$Builder.deserialize(Advancement.java:242) ~[Advancement$Builder.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.advancements.AdvancementManager$1.deserialize(AdvancementManager.java:50) ~[AdvancementManager$1.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.advancements.AdvancementManager$1.deserialize(AdvancementManager.java:46) ~[AdvancementManager$1.class:?]
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TreeTypeAdapter.read(TreeTypeAdapter.java:69) ~[TreeTypeAdapter.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.util.JsonUtils.gsonDeserialize(JsonUtils.java:435) ~[JsonUtils.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.util.JsonUtils.fromJson(JsonUtils.java:485) ~[JsonUtils.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.lambda$loadAdvancements$0(ForgeHooks.java:1316) ~[ForgeHooks.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.crafting.CraftingHelper.findFiles(CraftingHelper.java:822) [CraftingHelper.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.loadAdvancements(ForgeHooks.java:1298) [ForgeHooks.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.loadAdvancements(ForgeHooks.java:1272) [ForgeHooks.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.advancements.AdvancementManager.reload(AdvancementManager.java:70) [AdvancementManager.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.advancements.AdvancementManager.<init>(AdvancementManager.java:61) [AdvancementManager.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.init(WorldServer.java:161) [WorldServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.loadAllWorlds(IntegratedServer.java:123) [IntegratedServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.init(IntegratedServer.java:160) [IntegratedServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:550) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_141]
[02:22:57] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML] []: Parsing error loading built-in advancement testmod3:tab1/rocks
com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: Missing description
    at net.minecraft.util.JsonUtils.deserializeClass(JsonUtils.java:375) ~[JsonUtils.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.advancements.DisplayInfo.deserialize(DisplayInfo.java:107) ~[DisplayInfo.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.advancements.Advancement$Builder.deserialize(Advancement.java:242) ~[Advancement$Builder.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.advancements.AdvancementManager$1.deserialize(AdvancementManager.java:50) ~[AdvancementManager$1.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.advancements.AdvancementManager$1.deserialize(AdvancementManager.java:46) ~[AdvancementManager$1.class:?]
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TreeTypeAdapter.read(TreeTypeAdapter.java:69) ~[TreeTypeAdapter.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.util.JsonUtils.gsonDeserialize(JsonUtils.java:435) ~[JsonUtils.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.util.JsonUtils.fromJson(JsonUtils.java:485) ~[JsonUtils.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.lambda$loadAdvancements$0(ForgeHooks.java:1316) ~[ForgeHooks.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.crafting.CraftingHelper.findFiles(CraftingHelper.java:822) [CraftingHelper.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.loadAdvancements(ForgeHooks.java:1298) [ForgeHooks.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.loadAdvancements(ForgeHooks.java:1272) [ForgeHooks.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.advancements.AdvancementManager.reload(AdvancementManager.java:70) [AdvancementManager.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.advancements.AdvancementManager.<init>(AdvancementManager.java:61) [AdvancementManager.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.init(WorldServer.java:161) [WorldServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.loadAllWorlds(IntegratedServer.java:123) [IntegratedServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.init(IntegratedServer.java:160) [IntegratedServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:550) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_141]

This is really weird.  I put the error back in to see if i would get it and i dont.  I refreshed the project in eclipse and created a new world just in case.  Are you sure that it auto loads them from the assets?  This is my log maybe i am missing something:

Spoiler

2017-08-18 12:39:00,867 main WARN Unable to instantiate org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream
2017-08-18 12:39:00,871 main WARN Unable to instantiate org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [GradleStart]: Extra: []
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [GradleStart]: Running with arguments: [--userProperties, {}, --assetsDir, C:/Users/Drok Sheepman/.gradle/caches/minecraft/assets, --assetIndex, 1.12, --accessToken{REDACTED}, --version, 1.12, --tweakClass, net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker, --tweakClass, net.minecraftforge.gradle.tweakers.CoremodTweaker]
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Using primary tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.gradle.tweakers.CoremodTweaker
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader version 14.21.0.2344 for Minecraft 1.12 loading
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [FML]: Java is Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.8.0_121, running on Windows 10:amd64:10.0, installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [FML]: Managed to load a deobfuscated Minecraft name- we are in a deobfuscated environment. Skipping runtime deobfuscation
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.gradle.tweakers.CoremodTweaker
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [GradleStart]: Injecting location in coremod net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLCorePlugin
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [GradleStart]: Injecting location in coremod net.minecraftforge.classloading.FMLForgePlugin
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLDeobfTweaker
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.gradle.tweakers.AccessTransformerTweaker
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[12:39:01] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper
[12:39:01] [main/ERROR] [FML]: The binary patch set is missing. Either you are in a development environment, or things are not going to work!
[12:39:03] [main/ERROR] [FML]: FML appears to be missing any signature data. This is not a good thing
[12:39:03] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper
[12:39:03] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLDeobfTweaker
[12:39:04] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.gradle.tweakers.AccessTransformerTweaker
[12:39:04] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.TerminalTweaker
[12:39:04] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.TerminalTweaker
[12:39:04] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Launching wrapped minecraft {net.minecraft.client.main.Main}
2017-08-18 12:39:04,964 main WARN Unable to instantiate org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream
2017-08-18 12:39:05,747 main WARN Unable to instantiate org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream
2017-08-18 12:39:05,748 main WARN Unable to instantiate org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream
[12:39:06] [main/INFO]: Setting user: Player523
[12:39:10] [main/WARN]: Skipping bad option: lastServer:
[12:39:10] [main/INFO]: LWJGL Version: 2.9.4
[12:39:12] [main/INFO] [FML]: -- System Details --
Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.12
    Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
    Java Version: 1.8.0_121, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 88759448 bytes (84 MB) / 517996544 bytes (494 MB) up to 1895825408 bytes (1808 MB)
    JVM Flags: 0 total; 
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: 
    Loaded coremods (and transformers): 
    GL info: ' Vendor: 'NVIDIA Corporation' Version: '4.5.0 NVIDIA 369.09' Renderer: 'GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2'
[12:39:12] [main/INFO] [FML]: MinecraftForge v14.21.0.2344 Initialized
[12:39:12] [main/INFO] [FML]: Replaced 921 ore ingredients
[12:39:12] [main/INFO] [FML]: Found 0 mods from the command line. Injecting into mod discoverer
[12:39:12] [main/INFO] [FML]: Searching C:\Users\Drok Sheepman\Desktop\Modding\MinecraftForge\ProgressiveOverhaul\run\mods for mods
[12:39:14] [main/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader has identified 5 mods to load
[12:39:14] [Thread-3/INFO] [FML]: Using sync timing. 200 frames of Display.update took 53753894 nanos
[12:39:14] [main/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [minecraft, mcp, FML, forge, poverhaul] at CLIENT
[12:39:14] [main/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [minecraft, mcp, FML, forge, poverhaul] at SERVER
[12:39:15] [main/INFO]: Reloading ResourceManager: Default, FMLFileResourcePack:Forge Mod Loader, FMLFileResourcePack:Minecraft Forge, FMLFileResourcePack:Progressive Overhaul
[12:39:15] [main/INFO] [FML]: Processing ObjectHolder annotations
[12:39:15] [main/INFO] [FML]: Found 464 ObjectHolder annotations
[12:39:15] [main/INFO] [FML]: Identifying ItemStackHolder annotations
[12:39:15] [main/INFO] [FML]: Found 0 ItemStackHolder annotations
[12:39:15] [main/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups
[12:39:15] [main/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied
[12:39:16] [main/INFO] [FML]: Configured a dormant chunk cache size of 0
[12:39:16] [Forge Version Check/INFO] [ForgeVersionCheck]: [forge] Starting version check at http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/promotions_slim.json
[12:39:16] [main/INFO] [poverhaul]: Starting Pre Initialization...
[12:39:16] [main/INFO] [poverhaul]: Registering Recipes
[12:39:16] [main/INFO] [poverhaul]: Registering OreDictionary
[12:39:16] [main/INFO] [poverhaul]: Initializing Proxy Stage 1...
[12:39:16] [main/INFO] [poverhaul]: Finished Pre Initialization...
[12:39:16] [main/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups
[12:39:16] [main/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied
[12:39:16] [main/INFO] [FML]: Injecting itemstacks
[12:39:16] [main/INFO] [FML]: Itemstack injection complete
[12:39:16] [Forge Version Check/INFO] [ForgeVersionCheck]: [forge] Found status: OUTDATED Target: 14.21.1.2387
[12:39:25] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Starting up SoundSystem...
[12:39:25] [Thread-5/INFO]: Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
[12:39:25] [Thread-5/INFO]: (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL.  For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)
[12:39:25] [Thread-5/INFO]: OpenAL initialized.
[12:39:25] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Sound engine started
[12:39:30] [main/INFO] [FML]: Max texture size: 16384
[12:39:30] [main/INFO]: Created: 16x16 textures-atlas
[12:39:31] [main/INFO] [poverhaul]: Starting Initialization...
[12:39:31] [main/INFO] [poverhaul]: Initializing Proxy Stage 2...
[12:39:31] [main/INFO] [poverhaul]: Registering World Generator
[12:39:31] [main/INFO] [poverhaul]: Finished Initialization...
[12:39:31] [main/INFO] [FML]: Injecting itemstacks
[12:39:31] [main/INFO] [FML]: Itemstack injection complete
[12:39:31] [main/INFO] [poverhaul]: Starting Post Initialization...
[12:39:31] [main/INFO] [poverhaul]: Initializing Proxy Stage 3...
[12:39:31] [main/INFO] [poverhaul]: Finished Post Initialization...
[12:39:31] [main/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader has successfully loaded 5 mods
[12:39:31] [main/INFO]: Reloading ResourceManager: Default, FMLFileResourcePack:Forge Mod Loader, FMLFileResourcePack:Minecraft Forge, FMLFileResourcePack:Progressive Overhaul
[12:39:35] [main/INFO]: SoundSystem shutting down...
[12:39:35] [main/WARN]: Author: Paul Lamb, www.paulscode.com
[12:39:35] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Starting up SoundSystem...
[12:39:35] [Thread-7/INFO]: Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
[12:39:35] [Thread-7/INFO]: (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL.  For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)
[12:39:35] [Thread-7/INFO]: OpenAL initialized.
[12:39:35] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Sound engine started
[12:39:39] [main/INFO] [FML]: Max texture size: 16384
[12:39:39] [main/INFO]: Created: 512x512 textures-atlas
[12:39:41] [main/WARN]: Skipping bad option: lastServer:
[12:39:41] [main/INFO]: Narrator library for x64 successfully loaded
[12:39:42] [Realms Notification Availability checker #1/INFO]: Could not authorize you against Realms server: Invalid session id
[12:40:10] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting integrated minecraft server version 1.12
[12:40:10] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair
[12:40:10] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Injecting existing block and item data into this server instance
[12:40:10] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups
[12:40:10] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied
[12:40:11] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension 0 (New World) (net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer@14c0ecab)
[12:40:11] [Server thread/INFO]: Loaded 488 advancements
[12:40:12] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension 1 (New World) (net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer@14c0ecab)
[12:40:12] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension -1 (New World) (net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer@14c0ecab)
[12:40:12] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing start region for level 0
[12:40:13] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 7%
[12:40:14] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 17%
[12:40:15] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 26%
[12:40:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 36%
[12:40:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 48%
[12:40:18] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 57%
[12:40:19] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 68%
[12:40:20] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 78%
[12:40:21] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 89%
[12:40:22] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 99%
[12:40:22] [Server thread/INFO]: Changing view distance to 12, from 10
[12:40:23] [Netty Local Client IO #0/INFO] [FML]: Server protocol version 2
[12:40:23] [Netty Server IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Client protocol version 2
[12:40:23] [Netty Server IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Client attempting to join with 5 mods : minecraft@1.12,FML@8.0.99.99,forge@14.21.0.2344,poverhaul@1.12-0.0.1.0,mcp@9.19
[12:40:23] [Netty Local Client IO #0/INFO] [FML]: [Netty Local Client IO #0] Client side modded connection established
[12:40:23] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: [Server thread] Server side modded connection established
[12:40:24] [Server thread/INFO]: Player523[local:E:b1599dd2] logged in with entity id 1027 at (226.5, 64.0, 251.5)
[12:40:24] [Server thread/INFO]: Player523 joined the game
[12:40:25] [pool-2-thread-1/WARN]: Couldn't look up profile properties for com.mojang.authlib.GameProfile@7af90f42[id=c4c1cea7-1a87-33fc-9811-42fa00e73975,name=Player523,properties={},legacy=false]
com.mojang.authlib.exceptions.AuthenticationException: The client has sent too many requests within a certain amount of time
    at com.mojang.authlib.yggdrasil.YggdrasilAuthenticationService.makeRequest(YggdrasilAuthenticationService.java:79) ~[YggdrasilAuthenticationService.class:?]
    at com.mojang.authlib.yggdrasil.YggdrasilMinecraftSessionService.fillGameProfile(YggdrasilMinecraftSessionService.java:180) [YggdrasilMinecraftSessionService.class:?]
    at com.mojang.authlib.yggdrasil.YggdrasilMinecraftSessionService$1.load(YggdrasilMinecraftSessionService.java:60) [YggdrasilMinecraftSessionService$1.class:?]
    at com.mojang.authlib.yggdrasil.YggdrasilMinecraftSessionService$1.load(YggdrasilMinecraftSessionService.java:57) [YggdrasilMinecraftSessionService$1.class:?]
    at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LoadingValueReference.loadFuture(LocalCache.java:3716) [guava-21.0.jar:?]
    at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.loadSync(LocalCache.java:2424) [guava-21.0.jar:?]
    at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.lockedGetOrLoad(LocalCache.java:2298) [guava-21.0.jar:?]
    at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2211) [guava-21.0.jar:?]
    at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.get(LocalCache.java:4154) [guava-21.0.jar:?]
    at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.getOrLoad(LocalCache.java:4158) [guava-21.0.jar:?]
    at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalLoadingCache.get(LocalCache.java:5147) [guava-21.0.jar:?]
    at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalLoadingCache.getUnchecked(LocalCache.java:5153) [guava-21.0.jar:?]
    at com.mojang.authlib.yggdrasil.YggdrasilMinecraftSessionService.fillProfileProperties(YggdrasilMinecraftSessionService.java:170) [YggdrasilMinecraftSessionService.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.getProfileProperties(Minecraft.java:3156) [Minecraft.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.resources.SkinManager$3.run(SkinManager.java:138) [SkinManager$3.class:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_121]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_121]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_121]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_121]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_121]
[12:40:27] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 3708ms behind, skipping 74 tick(s)
[12:40:54] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving and pausing game...
[12:40:54] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'New World'/overworld
[12:40:54] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'New World'/the_nether
[12:40:54] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'New World'/the_end

I have no idea why its not loading them at all.  Is my forge version bugged?  My build.gradle version is 1.12-14.21.1.2443

I'm not sure what's going on in your workspace.

Try setting some breakpoints and stepping through ForgeHooks.loadAdvancements and AdvancementList#loadAdvancements in the debugger to see what's happening with your mod's advancements.