1.12 How did you create you recipes

TheRPGAdventurer

Ok so I heard that in 1.12 you are now going to use json files for recipes, I got pretty confused understanding them,  All that I understood is make a folder in assets,MODID,recipes and put json files there. Well my greatest question is where are you going to set the resourcelocation for your recipes in java, is it in main class, proxies, or make a new class that extends a recipe class and all. 

Edited by TheRPGAdventurer
changed 1.11.2 to 1.12

Forge automatically loads every recipe file in the assets/<modid>/recipes directory, you don't need to manually register them.

• Like 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Just now, Choonster said:

Forge automatically loads every recipe file in the assets/<modid>/recipes directory, you don't need to manually register them.

What do you think is wrong in here?

{
  "type": "minecraft:crafting_shaped",
  "pattern": [
    " J  ",
    " J  ",
    " S  "
  ],
  "key": {
    "S":{
      "item": "minecraft:stick"
	},
    "J":{
      "item": "rotd:jade_dragonscales"
	}
  },
  "result": {
    "item": "rotd:jade_dragon_sword"
  }
}

25 minutes ago, TheRPGAdventurer said:

Does it mean that I can place it in each row of the crafting table?

Yep, see the diamond sword recipe from vanilla:

{
  "type": "crafting_shaped",
    "X",
    "X",
    "#"
  ],
    "#": {
    },
    "X": {
      "item": "minecraft:diamond"
    }
  },
    "item": "minecraft:diamond_sword"
  }
}

• Like 2

Developer of Randores (adds 256^3 ores to the game) and Arcane Bags (adds ridiculous storage with ridiculous crafting recipes).

I know Java pretty well... So yeah...

This is where I'd put an inspirational and/or clever quote, but I can't think of one right now...

This is the output of the totally, 100% working compiler for my programming language, Planet9:

Beginning Compilation...
Failed compilation!
planet9.compiler.error.CompilationException: Compiler not yet implemented
	at planet9.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:39)
	at planet9.compiler.app.CompilerApp.main(CompilerApp.java:147)

On 8/14/2017 at 10:13 PM, Socratic_Phoenix said:

Yep, see the diamond sword recipe from vanilla:

{
  "type": "crafting_shaped",
    "X",
    "X",
    "#"
  ],
    "#": {
    },
    "X": {
      "item": "minecraft:diamond"
    }
  },
    "item": "minecraft:diamond_sword"
  }
}

Sorry for necroing this post because my PC was infected by a virus and making it impossible to use internet but, I got questions.

First of all, where did you find the vanilla recipes? and second can I use another recipe for my sword, like this json can handle 3 sword recipes? Lastly, what happens if I named my recipe's json same to the reistryName of the item, will it have a conflict?

20 minutes ago, TheRPGAdventurer said:

First of all, where did you find the vanilla recipes?

assets/minecraft/recipes in the forgeSrc-<forgeVersion>.jar referenced library.

second can I use another recipe for my sword, like this json can handle 3 sword recipes?

I don't fully understand what you're asking here.

One JSON file is one recipe. You can have any number of recipes that output the same item.

Lastly, what happens if I named my recipe's json same to the reistryName of the item, will it have a conflict?

No, recipes and items are in completely separate registries; you can name your recipe whatever you want.

Minecraft uses the registry name of the output item for most of its recipes, it only uses a longer name when there are multiple recipes for the same item.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

5 hours ago, Choonster said:

assets/minecraft/recipes in the forgeSrc-<forgeVersion>.jar referenced library.

I don't fully understand what you're asking here.

One JSON file is one recipe. You can have any number of recipes that output the same item.

No, recipes and items are in completely separate registries; you can name your recipe whatever you want.

Minecraft uses the registry name of the output item for most of its recipes, it only uses a longer name when there are multiple recipes for the same item.

Also do you know where EntityLivingBase#moveEntityWithHeading is located in 1.12? does it's name change, does it's location changed, or was completely removed?

3 minutes ago, TheRPGAdventurer said:

Also do you know where EntityLivingBase#moveEntityWithHeading is located in 1.12? does it's name change, does it's location changed, or was completely removed?

I answered this in your other thread 45 minutes ago.

25 minutes ago, TheRPGAdventurer said:

Also, how did you make links like "here" "other thread" but still redirecting you to other sites without getting the name.

Highlight the text and click the Link button in the editor.