[1.11.2][SOLVED] Is it possible to use a button, radiobutton or checkbox in a config GUI?

ctbe

My code is like this (source @Choonster):

@Config(modid = TestMod3.MODID)
@Config.LangKey("testmod3.config.title")
public class ModConfig {

@Config.Comment("This is an example boolean property.")
    public static boolean fooBar = false;

@Mod.EventBusSubscriber
    private static class EventHandler {

/**
         * Inject the new values and save to the config file when the config has been changed from the GUI.
         * @param event The event
         */
        @SubscribeEvent
        public static void onConfigChanged(ConfigChangedEvent.OnConfigChangedEvent event) {
            if (event.getModID().equals(TestMod3.MODID)) {
                ConfigManager.sync(TestMod3.MODID, Config.Type.INSTANCE);
            }
        }
    }
}

I'd like to know if one can have a button, radiobutton or checkbox in the config GUI. The following picture down to the right has a checkbox that says "Apply globally". Is it possible to use a checkbox like that in the GUI and if so, can buttons and radio buttons be used as well? If yes too, how? What data type or class should one use for a variable if it is that it already exist?

Source

Capture.PNG

Edited by ctbe
Mark as solved

Forge doesn't allow you to use checkboxes or radio buttons by default, it uses buttons that cycle between the valid values when clicked instead.

A boolean field will be converted to a boolean property and use a button that cycles between true and false in the config GUI. This is equivalent to a checkbox.

An enum field will be converted to a string property that only accepts the enum's values and use a button that cycles between these values in the config GUI. This is equivalent to a set of radio buttons.

What would you want a non-radio button for?

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

I see. Then config is not the way to go for my purposes. I'll use GuiScreen with GuiButton then.

36 minutes ago, Choonster said:

What would you want a non-radio button for?

To apply a custom property from my own mod to other items that may not necessarily come from my mod. If you take two of any, all properties would be mutually exclusive so I wanted a radio button. A GuiButton for example could work to remember only one property and then the player applies it to any item it wants in the game.

But now I understand I'm doing the wrong approach. I'll use GuiScreen instead of a Gui config.

Thanks.

Edited by ctbe