[1.12.1] Canceled PlaceEvent removes block from inventory

Pixtar

You need to synchronize the config files.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Hi Draco18s,

your answer tunes me in a good mood, because your answer sounds like it's possible to synchronize the config files.

Do you have any hint for me which class/method could be used for such a crazy venture? :D

Kind regards,

Pixtar

Edited by Pixtar

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Hi Draco18s,

thanks for the link. The tutorial from coolAlias in the MinecraftForum is nice and I think that it's working - but I feels like putting the cart before the horse.

Like I mentioned IMHO the client knows about the not placed block it ""only"" needs to update the active slot at the right time.

Isn't there any event or callback when a placed block isn't placed where I can hook into to refresh the hotbar?

Like this?

@SubscribeEvent
void canceledEvent( CancelEvent event )
{
  if( event.type == Events.PlaceEvent )
  {
    if( event.getEntity() instanceof EntityPlayerMP )
    {
    	((EntityPlayerMP)event.getEntity()).updateHeldItem();
    }
  }
}

Kind regards,

Pixtar

36 minutes ago, Pixtar said:

Hi Draco18s,

thanks for the link. The tutorial from coolAlias in the MinecraftForum is nice and I think that it's working - but I feels like putting the cart before the horse.

Why wouldn't you sync the config file?

Hi all,

in my opinion it would be like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut (after I saw the tutorial).

I'm still confused about the fact, that I can throw away, the ""gone"" blocks in the right amount. That fact is telling me that there is still a sync of the canceled event. --.--

Pixtar

Edited by Pixtar

Hi all,

now I know why I can throw away the exact amount :D, because my inventory is stored server-side - so it still knows that there are e.g. two of the not placed blocks. *facepalm*

Dropping, collecting, clicking or changing the held item will sync the client with the server. Isn't there any public event/signal to generate that network package manually like:

event.setCanceled( true );
if( FMLCommonHandler.instance().getSide().isServer() )
{
	//Emit standard held item event
}

Have a nice day,

Pixtar

Edited by Pixtar

Yeah. Exactly. That's what we keep telling you: the server tracks everything and you have to synchronize what you do with the client. You can't just cancel the event on one side. If it only happens on one side you need to synchronize the effects.