Null Pointer Exception when overriding recipes with dummies.

drok0920

Hello,

I seem to be having problems when ever i override all recipes in a tab.  When i do this and i open the recipe book i get a null pointer exception.  It seems to be be caused by the removal of the Lists of RecipeLists in RecipeBookClient.class.  My question is is there a way i can fix this mayself or should i request a change some where?  If i should request a change where would i do that.

This is the error.

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
	at net.minecraft.util.Util.runTask(Util.java:54) [Util.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:1161) [Minecraft.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:436) [Minecraft.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:118) [Main.class:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
	at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:97) [start/:?]
	at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:26) [start/:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.recipebook.GuiButtonRecipeTab.func_193919_e(GuiButtonRecipeTab.java:146) ~[GuiButtonRecipeTab.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.recipebook.GuiRecipeBook.func_193949_f(GuiRecipeBook.java:210) ~[GuiRecipeBook.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.recipebook.GuiRecipeBook.func_193014_a(GuiRecipeBook.java:97) ~[GuiRecipeBook.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.recipebook.GuiRecipeBook.func_194303_a(GuiRecipeBook.java:73) ~[GuiRecipeBook.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiCrafting.initGui(GuiCrafting.java:47) ~[GuiCrafting.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.setWorldAndResolution(GuiScreen.java:543) ~[GuiScreen.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.displayGuiScreen(Minecraft.java:1081) ~[Minecraft.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.entity.EntityPlayerSP.displayGui(EntityPlayerSP.java:856) ~[EntityPlayerSP.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerPlayClient.handleOpenWindow(NetHandlerPlayClient.java:1214) ~[NetHandlerPlayClient.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.play.server.SPacketOpenWindow.processPacket(SPacketOpenWindow.java:47) ~[SPacketOpenWindow.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.play.server.SPacketOpenWindow.processPacket(SPacketOpenWindow.java:11) ~[SPacketOpenWindow.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.run(PacketThreadUtil.java:21) ~[PacketThreadUtil$1.class:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_121]
	at net.minecraft.util.Util.runTask(Util.java:53) ~[Util.class:?]
	... 15 more

18 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

The recipe book will crash like that if it tries to display a tab with no recipes on it. You will need to manually remove the tab from the recipe book GUI.

• Subscribe to InitGuiEvent.Pre and check if the GuiScreen is a GuiInventory or a GuiCrafting.
  • Grab the recipeBookGui field from the GuiScreen, you will need reflection since the field is private. Also keep in mind the SRG names.
  • Now you have an instance of GuiRecipeBook. That class has a field recipeTabs (again, you need reflection), which contains all tabs visible on that GUI (a List<GuiButtonRecipeTab>). You will need to remove any tab from that list that you removed all recipes from. You know which tab is which using the GuiButtonRecipeTab::getCategory method.

Ok i have gotten access to the list of tabs but now what?  I know i have to remove the ones that have no recipes but is there a way to  check if it has recipes?  or do i just have to manually remove the ones that are not being used?

1 minute ago, diesieben07 said:

You have to remove the ones that you removed all recipes from. You know which recipes you remove, right?

Yes i do.  I remove all vanilla recipes.  I was just hoping that if i add one of my items and its in a tab i wont have to change the code to account for that.