Tried to launch Forge 1.12.2 but kept launching Vanilla game

CCro

So I just downloaded Forge today and the first time I launched it it worked really well with the mod I had installed. Though every other time I’ve tried to launch it using the latest launcher (1.12.2) it seems to just go on to the vanilla version of Minecraft with no mods installed. Like it doesn’t even say that it’s being supported by Forge and when it goes on to the game menu it doesn’t give me an option to edit mods or anything. Is there something that I’ve done wrong when downloading? I really need help, thanks.

The forge launcher profile isn't actually configured to use a Forge version. You need to set it to a Forge version in the Launch Options tab.

• Like 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Go to Launch Options --> Click on the version you would like to run Forge on --> Open the version pick spoiler --> Scroll all the way down --> Pick the Forge version you would like to use.

If you do not have a Forge version installed in your 'versions' folder, Download the Forge version you would like to use --> Install the libraries --> Follow the primer steps.

Hope this helped ya!

Edited by Differentiation

5 minutes ago, Differentiation said:

Go to Launch Options --> Click on the version you would like to run Forge on --> Open the version pick spoiler --> Scroll all the way down --> Pick the Forge version you would like to use.

Hope this helped ya!

Ah man I get it now. Thank you! 

• 2 years later...

I have this same issue, where the game isn't starting the modded client and is running as if it's vanilla even though it's clearly selected in the launch options stated above. This is only version 1.12.2 that isn't working though, as when I change it to 1.15.2 it launches just fine and has the logo saying it's being supported by Forge. I need to use 1.12.2 to run Pixelmon, so I would love some help on this matter. The logs don't state anything about forge not running, just that movement keys were skipped for some odd reason.

• Guest locked this topic