[1.12.1] NBT Reading Problem

MineDen

1 minute ago, diesieben07 said:

You can do that. But you must also have a no-argument constructor and you must be aware that only the no-argument constructor will be used when reading your TileEntity from disk.

I'm now using zero-argument constructor, but energy again restores to 0.

UPD: I created zero-argument constructor and it deleted! What?

16 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

You can do that. But you must also have a no-argument constructor and you must be aware that only the no-argument constructor will be used when reading your TileEntity from disk.

I recrated zero-argument constructor and uploaded new code to GitHub.

Just now, diesieben07 said:

I don't want video. I want code that shows where you change the energy. You have shown no such code, as such I can only assume that the energy value never changes.

Energy don't change, but after world restart it always maximum. I think, that this is storage creating or update() method problem.

After i typed /blockdata ... ... ... {Energy:5000}, energy changed to 5000 properly. When I reloaded world, energy saved and readed properly! GUI shows 5034 (this is previous value). But /blockdata shows 5000. I need to send energy level to client?

12 minutes ago, MineDen said:

After i typed /blockdata ... ... ... {Energy:5000}, energy changed to 5000 properly. When I reloaded world, energy saved and readed properly! GUI shows 5034 (this is previous value). But /blockdata shows 5000. I need to send energy level to client?

Any time the TE data changes and you want to update the client, call these methods:
https://github.com/Draco18s/ReasonableRealism/blob/master/src/main/java/com/draco18s/farming/entities/TileEntityTanner.java#L95-L98

And have these methods overridden

https://github.com/Draco18s/ReasonableRealism/blob/master/src/main/java/com/draco18s/farming/entities/TileEntityTanner.java#L174-L189

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

2 hours ago, Draco18s said:

In 1.12.1, method this.getState() not exist. What method i need to use?