[SOLVED][1.12.2] Log spam from crafting recipes for items that don't always exist

josephcsible

I want some of my mod's items to be disableable in the config file, so that if the player or pack maker doesn't want them, they don't have to be loaded into memory. When I disable items this way, I get this error for recipes for the disabled items:

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: Unknown item 'mymod:myitem'
	at net.minecraftforge.common.crafting.CraftingHelper.getItemStack(CraftingHelper.java:211) ~[CraftingHelper.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.common.crafting.CraftingHelper.lambda$init$14(CraftingHelper.java:516) ~[CraftingHelper.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.common.crafting.CraftingHelper.getRecipe(CraftingHelper.java:408) ~[CraftingHelper.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.common.crafting.CraftingHelper.lambda$loadRecipes$22(CraftingHelper.java:711) ~[CraftingHelper.class:?]

The game still works fine, and all of the recipes are there except for the ones that make/use the disabled item, so the only problem that this is causing is the log spam. Is there a way to not load crafting recipes for some items in 1.12? In 1.11 and prior versions, I'm used to being able to conditionally add the recipe via Java, but I don't know of an equivalent for that in JSON.

Edited by josephcsible

You can't really "disable" a recipe. It's rather the other way around. You can "enable" a recipe. Unless you specifically make a recipe for an item, it won't have one.

To remove an item from a creative tab (and per extension JEI as well), use an if-statement in the item's constructor when adding to the creative tab (Item::setCreativeTab), or override CreativeTabs::displayAllRelevantItems in your own tab and remove your disabled items from the list given to you.

For full-fledged removal, you could possibly override Item::onUpdate and make sure that the items remove themselves from player's inventories if they should be disabled (players can still use /give etc)

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.