[1.12.2] Packet to play sound in world

Naturix

https://github.com/NicosaurusRex99/farts/blob/1.12.2/src/main/java/naturix/farts/network/PacketSendKey.java#L38-L47

Did you miss the warning?

Warning

As of Minecraft 1.8 packets are by default handled on the network thread.

That means that your IMessageHandler can not interact with most game objects directly. Minecraft provides a convenient way to make your code execute on the main thread instead using IThreadListener.addScheduledTask.

The way to obtain an IThreadListener is using either the Minecraft instance (client side) or a WorldServer instance (server side). The code above shows an example of this by getting a WorldServer instance from an EntityPlayerMP.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

6 hours ago, Draco18s said:

Turns out yes, i did miss it.

Where i have nullified something causes this error, i am not sure what to put in that slot

https://github.com/NicosaurusRex99/farts/blob/1.12.2/src/main/java/naturix/farts/network/PacketSendKey.java#L50

https://gist.github.com/NicosaurusRex99/230851c4c0411485a67e10d008061a3f

Edited by Naturix
Not full post

You put your code in there. :|

serverPlayer.getServerWorld().addScheduledTask(() -> {
      serverPlayer.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(new ItemStack(Items.DIAMOND, amount));
    });

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

• 3 months later...