Create rail tracks with higher speed

IgazHarcos

Hello!

I a beginner modder seeking for help. I want to create a mod for Minecraft 1.12.2. I have the tools, set up, but can't find anything just the basic tutorials (first item/block/weapon/tool/armor/etc.). I want to make a custom simple powered rail. I try to look for any tutorial, but can't find. I try to do from the basics (extend original class etc.) but there is a big difference between creating a block or item and crating a custom rail. Is there any good tutorial what I oversee? If not, anybody made custom rails, or know how to do it? I hope somebody can help.

Thanks for any help!

Well, there aren't tutorials for anything you would want to do. You need to figure it out yourself. First, look at how the Minecraft Rail works by looking into the Source Code. Then decide whether there is an easy way to do what you want to do(e.g Extending and Overriding) or not. Then, try it out. If you are new to modding I would suggest you search for tutorials by the grey ghost or jabelar to understand the basics of Minecraft. Otherwise, have a look at other mods' open source code to learn from them. Choonsters TestMod3 is what I find helpful, as it gives you an overview of how most basic possible uses of Forge work.

8 hours ago, IgazHarcos said:

I a beginner modder

I highly recommend that you complete a simple mod as an exercise before venturing into more creative territory. There are plenty of mistakes you can make in the simplest of mods, so you should make and learn from them so your later work will be less frustrating.

Then when you investigate rail, look into both rail blocks and minecart entities. You may discover that the behavior you need to modify is programmed into the cart, not the rail.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.

10 hours ago, IgazHarcos said:

Sorry but are you read what I write? I completed thew simple tutorials, AND looked into the source code. :(

Then what you should do is show us what you tried, and give good description of what isn't working. For example, you don't say at all what sort of trouble you had. Did you get far enough to place your blocks, did they not work as rails, did the powering part not work, was the model messed up?

All we ask is that you put in the work and give something we can actually help with!

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, jabelar said:

Then what you should do is show us what you tried, and give good description of what isn't working. For example, you don't say at all what sort of trouble you had. Did you get far enough to place your blocks, did they not work as rails, did the powering part not work, was the model messed up?

All we ask is that you put in the work and give something we can actually help with!

Like I told you, I dont know how to do it. What I can show is a block or item or armor etc. but That's far from a rail.

9 hours ago, IgazHarcos said:

What I can show is a block or item or armor etc. but That's far from a rail.

A rail is a block, so it's not far at all. Make a custom block that extends the rail class (or its base class).

What's far away is the minecart entity, which I told you to study. What did you learn?

21 hours ago, IgazHarcos said:

Sorry but are you read what I write? I completed thew simple tutorials, AND looked into the source code.

Yes, and I just read it again to be sure. You found a tutorial but gave no indication that you had completed a simple mod. Perhaps your writing is not as clear as you imagine.

Others have played with rail mods. Try to find an example at github.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.