How do I make 32 X 32 texture like faithful

TheRPGAdventurer

I kinda liked faithful's 32 X 32 packs, i like how fine their items are. I wanna know how to make them, do I make an 8X8 texture of a sword then edit it on PS or gimp to be a 32X32 or edit the pixels one by one? I also wanna know if you can make your mod have it's own resource packs, i mean install a resource pack then change your items?

Just now, Ugdhar said:

Just start with a 32x32 image, why start at 8x8 and then try to upscale it?

yep, that's what I thought. Just start with 8X8 and just magically increase the pixels, curious how faithful creators did their textures. Did they just somehow make all items with more pixels 0ne by one or just grab all mojang's textures then increase the pixels via PS or gimp. If the gimp or PS thing is possible, I really wanna know how.

30 minutes ago, TheRPGAdventurer said:

yep, that's what I thought. Just start with 8X8 and just magically increase the pixels, curious how faithful creators did their textures. Did they just somehow make all items with more pixels 0ne by one or just grab all mojang's textures then increase the pixels via PS or gimp. If the gimp or PS thing is possible, I really wanna know how.

No.

They actually put in the time to make every texture pixel by pixel.

I have tried so many ways to convert to 32x32 with a click but I couldn't as it would always come out blurry no matter what I do.

I have adopted the 32x32 Faithful and I have now become a master at texturing that style!

That's why I can code and texture for my mod :)

• Like 1

Just now, Ugdhar said:

Just start with a 32x32 image, why start at 8x8 and then try to upscale it?

*edit: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Creating_a_resource_pack

I already got the textures tho, just needs to be changed from 16X16 to 32, since it's impossible Im gonna do it manually or ask the faithful creators. TY ;D

Edit: by asking I mean do some research.

Edited by TheRPGAdventurer

Actually there are many functions that can be used for that. I think faithful had a rather easy way of doing it,

picking the Minecraft colors and reusing them in the same pattern but in a higher resolution. If you have 16x textures that you created yourself, just upscale them manually, with a bit of practise everything below 128 should be not that hard to upscale as you can modify each Pixel.

Edited by ArmamentHaki

It funny, everyone here upscales.  I often start with a large, photo-realistic image (sometimes and actual photo) and downscale it before tweaking and editing.  With the right color tweaking this can make things seem higher resolution than they actually are because of the subtle and realistic color gradients.  I do sometimes posterize them down to 256 colors, and the effect isn't usually noticeable, either, so its not just a mater of lots of colors but rather the combination of color.

Developer of Doomlike Dungeons.

Just now, ArmamentHaki said:

Actually there are many functions that can be used for that. I think faithful had a rather easy way of doing it,

picking the Minecraft colors and reusing them in the same pattern but in a higher resolution. If you have 16x textures that you created yourself, just upscale them manually, with a bit of practise everything below 128 should be not that hard to upscale as you can modify each Pixel.

how do I upscale in Photoshop? kinda new to it, maybe in Gimp?

5 hours ago, TheRPGAdventurer said:

how do I upscale in Photoshop? kinda new to it, maybe in Gimp?

Simply look up some instructions online. Automatic upscaling will always give you mixed colors to make it look more smooth, but with very small textures, it won't look quite as before. That is why I suggest upscaling manually. Every one Pixel needs to be 2x2 now so copy whatever pattern you have and then add more detail. Its really just about getting the hang of it.

For Minecraft, I find Gimp easier to use.

Edited by ArmamentHaki