mrgreaper

if i run the server files in windows it works fine

line to run:

java -Xms512M -Xmx1G -jar minecraft_server.jar

same server files on our server which is ubuntu

run with

java -jar minecraft_server.jar

or

/home/minecraft/jre1.7.0/bin/java -d64 -Xincgc -Xmx2824M -jar /home/minecraft/mainframe/minecraft_server.jar

gives this error

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at WirelessRedstoneCore.initialize(WirelessRedstoneCore.java:53)
        at mod_WirelessRedstoneCore.load(mod_WirelessRedstoneCore.java:10)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.init(ModLoaderModContainer.java:351)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.modInit(Loader.java:263)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:604)
        at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.onLoadComplete(FMLServerHandler.java:147)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.s(MinecraftServer.java:204)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:412)
        at dn.run(SourceFile:492)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1024
        at codechicken.core.ConfigFile.readLine(ConfigFile.java:166)
        at codechicken.core.ConfigFile.loadConfig(ConfigFile.java:81)
        at codechicken.core.ConfigFile.<init>(ConfigFile.java:56)
        at codechicken.wirelessredstone.core.SaveManager.<clinit>(SaveManager.java:64)
        ... 9 more
2012-07-02 16:30:35 [sEVERE] Unexpected exception
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at WirelessRedstoneCore.initialize(WirelessRedstoneCore.java:53)
        at mod_WirelessRedstoneCore.load(mod_WirelessRedstoneCore.java:10)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.init(ModLoaderModContainer.java:351)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.modInit(Loader.java:263)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:604)
        at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.onLoadComplete(FMLServerHandler.java:147)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.s(MinecraftServer.java:204)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:412)
        at dn.run(SourceFile:492)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1024
        at codechicken.core.ConfigFile.readLine(ConfigFile.java:166)
        at codechicken.core.ConfigFile.loadConfig(ConfigFile.java:81)
        at codechicken.core.ConfigFile.<init>(ConfigFile.java:56)
        at codechicken.wirelessredstone.core.SaveManager.<clinit>(SaveManager.java:64)
        ... 9 more

this is the standard "your using a block id higher then 255 and we no like it error" but well forge adds the 4096 block ids and it works perfectly in windows

using the 152 version of forge (latest recommanded one) inserted into the minecraft_server.jar

can anyone help?

so far our working theory is ubuntu is out of date and needs updating we are doing a remote release update as i type

its wierd though that the 4096 id inbuilt fix should be effected like this

when/if it finaly finishes this release update (going from 11.04 to 12 seems to take time lol) i will try it with out chickenbones mods to test it but, the exact same setup works in windows, same files, same ids, same settings. surely if it was that then i would get the same error in windows?

That error is purely and only in chickenbones mod, specifically in his configuration file reading.  So whatever problem there is, ChickenBones needs to fix it.  ;)

ok will edit this post with success or failure once i have tested it (i should have some ids free under 255) thanks in advance :)

yeah i know what you mean! nothing worsse then seeing you have the same issue only to see the guy say "fixed" but no explanation of how

ok chicken bone wireless was already set to id 170 but removel of the mod aloud further progress

i then had an api error, trains which has the api for buildcraft 3.0 did not like that im using buildcraft 2.x so i removed the buildcraft api from inside the mod

then i had an error with the ic2 addon "transformers" an invalid shapeless recipie ....however the server would load fine just bleep at me about that and as its a private one we can live with that

but heres the wierd thing, under windows xp 32bit, and windows 7 64bit with exactly the same server folder (i created the server in windows then uploaded it to ubuntu) none of the issues above happen.

This leads me onto two thoughts

1) maybe forge is more stable in windows and its error checking/fixing does not work right in ubuntu

2) maybe the mods and thier configs have unicode in them that windows can understand but ubuntu cant

either way were up and running with the following minor bugs

lots of conflicts relating to item codes in the start up log that cant be changed no matter what i set the items too (mod related not forge but forge seems to do magic and make it work...items not blocks.

recipies are wrongly displayed in nei (for example a generator shows the solar recipie (could be related to the shapeless error from transformers mod or simply the massive changes from forestry (gears replaced with bulb things) and ic2 (refined iron replaced with steel) either way i dont think forge is the culprit)

This isn't anything related to forge, this is all related to ChickenBones and his code, you will have to speak with him.

All these issues seem to extend out based on some assumptions that ChickenBones does.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon