[1.12.2] [SOLVED] Server file location

Bektor

On 1/21/2018 at 6:55 PM, diesieben07 said:

WorldServer::getChunkSaveLocation.

MinecraftServer::getDataDirectory.

Thx, thought I ran into another question. While implementing the logic for a backup I stumbled across the variable disableLevelSaving. I'm wondering if

this has to be set to true before I can save all chunks to disk for the backup to occur and wether I should reset it afterwards where I'm not quite sure how I would do this as

my current logic is this:

• save player data to disk
  • save world data to disk (foreach loop withing a try-catch block for every world/dimension)
  • start the backup while copying all files over

Edited by Bektor

Developer of Primeval Forest.

50 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

I would suggest this method:

1. Do what /save-all flush does.
  2. Do what /save-off does.
  3. Perform your backup.
  4. Do what /save-on does.

Where can I find what these commands do?

EDIT:

And what is the difference between flushToDisk and saveAllChunks?

Edited by Bektor

WorldServer::getChunkSaveLocation.

Ok, I tried this, but to get access to this method I need to have an instance of the world and a dimensionID, but I want to copy the whole world folder with all dimensions and all other files in there into the backup folder.

@Nonnull
private Path world = Paths.get(Backups.INSTANCE.server.getWorld(int dimensionID).getChunkSaveLocation());

MinecraftServer::getDataDirectory

Hm, I'm really wondering why this method returns me such a path:

Path path = server.getDataDirectory().toPath();
System.out.println(path.toAbsolutePath().toString());

Output: 

P:\Java\ForgeMods\run\assets\.

Notice the dot at the end of the path.

I mean, there is no folder with a "." in it's name within my file system (Windows 10, "virtual" NTFS drive [which basically means that P: is some kind of link to a specific folder within my file system]).

Can I just remove the dot at the end of the path without risk that it might be different in the release-jar?

3 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Do not worry about the dot, it denotes "current directory". You do not have to remove it.

Oh, I do.

At some point in my code this code is called:

path.resolve(ModConfig.backupDir);

It adds the backupDir to my path so it can be created in the next line and afterwards the whole path is passed onto the backup thread to do the backup.

Edited by Bektor

6 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Cool. And? There is still nothing wrong with the dot.

If I leave the dot where it is the whole code will run into an exception at the first try to create a file within my backups directionary as it does not exist because windows doesn't permit a directory with a dot within its name. (Thought the code to create the directory doesn't throw the exception, the one who tries to create a file within the directiory does however.)

java.nio.file.FileSystemNotFoundException: P:\Java\ForgeMods\run\assets\.\backups
[23:01:54] [World Backup Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: at com.sun.nio.zipfs.ZipFileSystem.<init>(ZipFileSystem.java:120)
[23:01:54] [World Backup Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: at com.sun.nio.zipfs.ZipFileSystemProvider.newFileSystem(ZipFileSystemProvider.java:139)
[23:01:54] [World Backup Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: at java.nio.file.FileSystems.newFileSystem(FileSystems.java:390)
[23:01:54] [World Backup Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: at minecraftplaye.serverutilities.backups.ThreadBackups.createZipFile(ThreadBackups.java:72)
[23:01:54] [World Backup Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: at minecraftplaye.serverutilities.backups.ThreadBackups.run(ThreadBackups.java:54)
[23:01:54] [World Backup Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Interestingly enough it is an FileSystemNotFoundException while the backups directory in which it tries to write doesn't even exist.

try(FileSystem zipFile = FileSystems.newFileSystem(this.path.resolve("test.zip", null)) {
Edited by Bektor
changed to path to make clear it is the same path, just in another class

Just now, diesieben07 said:

Show how you create the zip file system. The dot always stands for "current directory", even in windows and my local tests confirm this.

// it is the same path as from the posts before, just in the backup thread which is located in another class, so I'm storing within the
// thread a local reference/variable
this.directionary = path;
        this.directionary.resolve("test.zip");

[...]

private void createZipFile() {
        // Delete the file if it already exists
        try {
            if(Files.deleteIfExists(this.directionary))
                ServerUtilities.LOGGER.info("Deleted file '" + this.directionary.getFileName().toString() + "'.");
        } catch (IOException e) {
            ServerUtilities.LOGGER.fatal("Tried to delete an old backup, but failed. Backup: " + this.directionary.getFileName().toString(),  e);
        }

try(FileSystem zipFile = FileSystems.newFileSystem(this.directionary, null)) {
            Files.copy(this.world, this.directionary, StandardCopyOption.REPLACE_EXISTING);
        } catch(IOException e) {

}
    }

1 minute ago, diesieben07 said:

You are trying to create a file system from a directory.

This does nothing. You create the new path (returned by resolve) and then drop the object on the floor and forget about it.

How would I go about creating it then? I never worked with zip files and not much with file systems before, so I just read the docs here: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/io/fsp/zipfilesystemprovider.html

7 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

If you want to create a file system for a zip file, you need to pass in a path to a zip file. Or at least a path that ends with .zip. You can't pass in a path that points to an existing directory and expect to get some magic zip file out.

My path ends with a .zip as can be seen in my previous posts. And I basically want to create a new zip file and copy the whole world into it.

Edited by Bektor

4 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

No. It works by returning the resolved path. You are ignoring the return value and continuing to use the "unresolved" path.

Oh... guess it wasn't that great of an idea to start programming late in the evening... ^^

// it is the same path as from the posts before, just in the backup thread which is located in another class, so I'm storing within the
// thread a local reference/variable
this.directionary = path;
this.directionary.resolve("test.zip");

// changed to this:
this.directionary = path.resolve("test.zip");

Thought even when changing this the error still occurs:

[java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: java.nio.file.FileSystemNotFoundException: .\backups\test.zip
[java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at com.sun.nio.zipfs.ZipFileSystem.<init>(ZipFileSystem.java:120)
[java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at com.sun.nio.zipfs.ZipFileSystemProvider.newFileSystem(ZipFileSystemProvider.java:139)
[java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at java.nio.file.FileSystems.newFileSystem(FileSystems.java:390)
[java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at minecraftplaye.serverutilities.backups.ThreadBackups.createZipFile(ThreadBackups.java:71)
[java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at minecraftplaye.serverutilities.backups.ThreadBackups.run(ThreadBackups.java:53)
[java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

5 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

The zip file system needs to be told explicitly that it needs to create the file. This is not straightforward with the API found in the FileSystems class and would require manual URI creation. I suggest this way:

FileSystemProvider zipProvider = FileSystemProvider.installedProviders().stream().filter(provider -> provider.getScheme().equals("jar")).findFirst().get();
FileSystem fs = zipProvider.newFileSystem(path, ImmutableMap.of("create", "true"));

Hm.. Wouldn't it make much more sense to just use Files.createFile? I mean, I don't see any benefit of using these two lines if one line of code could do the same?

What would be the benefits of using your approach vs Files.createFile?? 

And why do I have to use the argumentjar there instead of zip?

Edited by Bektor

8 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Files.createFile creates an empty file. That is not a valid zip file.

Ask the authors of the zip filesystem provider :D

I guess someone should take the time to rewrite the whole ZIP API. ^^

Thought it is quite interesting how people go about using ZipEntry and others go with Files.copy while others do it completly different. xD

7 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

The zip file system needs to be told explicitly that it needs to create the file. This is not straightforward with the API found in the FileSystems class and would require manual URI creation. I suggest this way:

FileSystemProvider zipProvider = FileSystemProvider.installedProviders().stream().filter(provider -> provider.getScheme().equals("jar")).findFirst().get();
FileSystem fs = zipProvider.newFileSystem(path, ImmutableMap.of("create", "true"));

Hm.. I'm wondering: When using FileSystemProvider etc. how should I add files to a ZIP file and is it possible to set the compression level?

// this.world = DimensionManager.getCurrentSaveRootDirectory().toPath();
// fs = FileSystem
       try {
            Files.walk(this.world).filter(path -> !Files.isDirectory(path))
                    .forEach((Path path) -> {
                        try {
                            Files.copy(this.world.resolve(path), fs.getPath(path.toString()), StandardCopyOption.REPLACE_EXISTING);
                            e.printStackTrace();
                        }
                    });
            e.printStackTrace(); // TODO: use logger
        }

Spoiler

java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: .\world\.\world\session.lock
 	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:79)
 	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:97) 
 	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:102)
 	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileAttributeViews$Basic.readAttributes(WindowsFileAttributeViews.java:53)
 	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileAttributeViews$Basic.readAttributes(WindowsFileAttributeViews.java:38)
 	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.readAttributes(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:193)
 	at java.nio.file.Files.readAttributes(Files.java:1737)
 	at java.nio.file.CopyMoveHelper.copyToForeignTarget(CopyMoveHelper.java:109)
 	at java.nio.file.Files.copy(Files.java:1277)
 	at minecraftplaye.serverutilities.backups.ThreadBackups.lambda$copyFilesToArchive$2(ThreadBackups.java:114)
 	at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(ForEachOps.java:184)
	at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:175)
 	at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:193)
 	at java.util.Iterator.forEachRemaining(Iterator.java:116)
	at java.util.Spliterators$IteratorSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Spliterators.java:1801)
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481)
 	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471)
 	at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:151)
 	at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:174)
 	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
 	at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:418)
 	at minecraftplaye.serverutilities.backups.ThreadBackups.copyFilesToArchive(ThreadBackups.java:110)
 	at minecraftplaye.serverutilities.backups.ThreadBackups.createZipFile(ThreadBackups.java:78)
 	at minecraftplaye.serverutilities.backups.ThreadBackups.run(ThreadBackups.java:56)
 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Guess it's much easier to just buy some 4TB hard drive then creating a ZIP file in Java. ^^

Edited by Bektor