[SOLVED] [1.11.2] Limit GUI FPS

SuperHB

So I'm working on a mod trying to recreate Pac-Man in Minecraft, currently I have an integer that increases by 1 to move that's called in drawScreen. The issue with this is that the amount of times drawScreen is dependent on FPS. To fix this, I tried putting it in updateScreen which is called 20 times per second. The issue with this is that now pacman moves too slowly and changing it to increment by 3 so that it would be the same speed as 60 FPS wouldn't work. This wouldn't work because every time the move integer is increased by 1, another function is called right after to make sure pacman stops if there is a wall in the way. When the integer increments by 3, pacman moves 3 spaces before checking for a wall, which causes him to go through the wall and keep going or get stuck in the wall.

I was wondering if there was some way to limit the FPS while in a GUI?

Edited by SuperHB
solved

When you have a game engine where an object is moving fast you need your collision logic to handle that. So instead of moving all 3 spaces at once you actually should loop 3 times with a 1 space move. Then your wall-checking should work. In other words, when collision checking a fast moving game object you need to check the positions in between as well.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, jabelar said:

When you have a game engine where an object is moving fast you need your collision logic to handle that. So instead of moving all 3 spaces at once you actually should loop 3 times with a 1 space move. Then your wall-checking should work. In other words, when collision checking a fast moving game object you need to check the positions in between as well.

Thank you! It worked. I don't know why I didn't of that myself.