Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[1.12.2] Switch Block Textures [SOLVED]

bignose956

I have a block whose texture is to be determined by the state of surrounding blocks. I want to be able to switch between different textures when the neighbor blocks change. My only problem is that I cannot find anyway to change the texture of the block at runtime. I only want to the texture to change for individual blocks. Is this possible?

Edited by bignose956

12 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

You need to have a property in your block state that controls which model (and thereby texture) is used. Then you can override getActualState in your block to set this property based on surrounding blocks. The fence does this.

How will I tell forge which blockstate property controls the textures, and which texture to use depending on that property's value? 

Edited by bignose956

7 minutes ago, bignose956 said:

How will I tell forge which blockstate property controls the textures, and which texture to use depending on that property's value? 

You do that in your blockstate json. This is not Forge specific, you can look at vanilla to see how it is done there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• As title says. Already had to get some work arounds to get java working, and I don't have the ability to upgrade to windows 10.
    • I am having an issue running a server with my mod. I know that I am reaching across sides somewhere in my Mod, but could not find where this error is occurring in my mod. The crash report that I have attached below mentioned that it involved the LocalPlayer. However, when I searched my mod for LocalPlayer, I only found one case in the event that I have attached below. Can you find where I errored?   Crash Report: ---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // I bet Cylons wouldn't have this problem. Time: 1/17/22, 8:10 PM Description: Mod loading error has occurred java.lang.Exception: Mod Loading has failed at net.minecraftforge.logging.CrashReportExtender.dumpModLoadingCrashReport(CrashReportExtender.java:69) ~[forge-1.18-38.0.17_mapped_official_1.18-recomp.jar%2376%2382!:?] {re:classloading} at net.minecraftforge.server.loading.ServerModLoader.load(ServerModLoader.java:53) ~[forge-1.18-38.0.17_mapped_official_1.18-recomp.jar%2376%2382!:?] {re:classloading} at net.minecraft.server.Main.main(Main.java:104) ~[forge-1.18-38.0.17_mapped_official_1.18-recomp.jar%2377!:?] {re:classloading} at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?] {} at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77) ~[?:?] {} at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?] {} at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568) ~[?:?] {} at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.targets.ForgeServerUserdevLaunchHandler.lambda$launchService$0(ForgeServerUserdevLaunchHandler.java:16) ~[fmlloader-1.18-38.0.17.jar%230!:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.launch(LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.java:37) [modlauncher-9.0.24.jar%2310!:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:53) [modlauncher-9.0.24.jar%2310!:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:71) [modlauncher-9.0.24.jar%2310!:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:106) [modlauncher-9.0.24.jar%2310!:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:77) [modlauncher-9.0.24.jar%2310!:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:26) [modlauncher-9.0.24.jar%2310!:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:23) [modlauncher-9.0.24.jar%2310!:?] {} at cpw.mods.bootstraplauncher.BootstrapLauncher.main(BootstrapLauncher.java:90) [bootstraplauncher-0.1.17.jar:?] {} A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Head -- Thread: main Stacktrace: at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.RuntimeDistCleaner.processClassWithFlags(RuntimeDistCleaner.java:71) ~[fmlloader-1.18-38.0.17.jar%230!:1.0] {} -- MOD examplemod -- Details: Mod File: main Failure message: Example Mod (examplemod) has failed to load correctly java.lang.RuntimeException: Attempted to load class net/minecraft/client/player/LocalPlayer for invalid dist DEDICATED_SERVER Mod Version: 3.0 Mod Issue URL: NOT PROVIDED Exception message: java.lang.RuntimeException: Attempted to load class net/minecraft/client/player/LocalPlayer for invalid dist DEDICATED_SERVER Stacktrace: at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.RuntimeDistCleaner.processClassWithFlags(RuntimeDistCleaner.java:71) ~[fmlloader-1.18-38.0.17.jar:1.0] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchPluginHandler.offerClassNodeToPlugins(LaunchPluginHandler.java:88) ~[modlauncher-9.0.7.jar:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.ClassTransformer.transform(ClassTransformer.java:120) ~[modlauncher-9.0.7.jar:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformingClassLoader.maybeTransformClassBytes(TransformingClassLoader.java:50) ~[modlauncher-9.0.7.jar:?] {} at cpw.mods.cl.ModuleClassLoader.readerToClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:110) ~[securejarhandler-0.9.54.jar:?] {} at cpw.mods.cl.ModuleClassLoader.lambda$findClass$16(ModuleClassLoader.java:213) ~[securejarhandler-0.9.54.jar:?] {} at cpw.mods.cl.ModuleClassLoader.loadFromModule(ModuleClassLoader.java:223) ~[securejarhandler-0.9.54.jar:?] {} at cpw.mods.cl.ModuleClassLoader.findClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:213) ~[securejarhandler-0.9.54.jar:?] {} at cpw.mods.cl.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:130) ~[securejarhandler-0.9.54.jar:?] {} at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:520) ~[?:?] {} at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:?] {} at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:467) ~[?:?] {} at net.minecraftforge.fml.javafmlmod.AutomaticEventSubscriber.lambda$inject$6(AutomaticEventSubscriber.java:75) ~[javafmllanguage-1.18-38.0.17.jar%2378!:?] {} at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1511) ~[?:?] {} at net.minecraftforge.fml.javafmlmod.AutomaticEventSubscriber.inject(AutomaticEventSubscriber.java:62) ~[javafmllanguage-1.18-38.0.17.jar%2378!:?] {} at net.minecraftforge.fml.javafmlmod.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:91) ~[javafmllanguage-1.18-38.0.17.jar%2378!:?] {} at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModContainer.lambda$buildTransitionHandler$4(ModContainer.java:120) ~[fmlcore-1.18-38.0.17.jar%2380!:?] {} at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncRun.run(CompletableFuture.java:1804) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncRun.exec(CompletableFuture.java:1796) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:373) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.topLevelExec(ForkJoinPool.java:1182) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.scan(ForkJoinPool.java:1655) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1622) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:165) ~[?:?] {} -- System Details -- Details: Minecraft Version: 1.18 Minecraft Version ID: 1.18 Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0 Java Version: 17.0.1, Eclipse Adoptium Java VM Version: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode, sharing), Eclipse Adoptium Memory: 320780752 bytes (305 MiB) / 1127219200 bytes (1075 MiB) up to 2122317824 bytes (2024 MiB) CPUs: 4 Processor Vendor: GenuineIntel Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7020U CPU @ 2.30GHz Identifier: Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 9 Microarchitecture: Amber Lake Frequency (GHz): 2.30 Number of physical packages: 1 Number of physical CPUs: 2 Number of logical CPUs: 4 Graphics card #0 name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 Graphics card #0 vendor: Intel Corporation (0x8086) Graphics card #0 VRAM (MB): 1024.00 Graphics card #0 deviceId: 0x5921 Graphics card #0 versionInfo: DriverVersion=27.20.100.9664 Memory slot #0 capacity (MB): 8192.00 Memory slot #0 clockSpeed (GHz): 2.67 Memory slot #0 type: DDR4 Virtual memory max (MB): 16427.04 Virtual memory used (MB): 10800.33 Swap memory total (MB): 8334.11 Swap memory used (MB): 434.15 JVM Flags: 1 total; -XX:+ShowCodeDetailsInExceptionMessages ModLauncher: 9.0.24+9.0.24+main.7be9f01d ModLauncher launch target: forgeserveruserdev ModLauncher naming: mcp ModLauncher services: mixin PLUGINSERVICE eventbus PLUGINSERVICE object_holder_definalize PLUGINSERVICE runtime_enum_extender PLUGINSERVICE capability_token_subclass PLUGINSERVICE accesstransformer PLUGINSERVICE runtimedistcleaner PLUGINSERVICE mixin TRANSFORMATIONSERVICE fml TRANSFORMATIONSERVICE FML Language Providers: minecraft@1.0 javafml@null Mod List: forge-1.18-38.0.17_mapped_official_1.18-recomp.jar|Minecraft |minecraft |1.18 |COMMON_SET|Manifest: a1:d4:5e:04:4f:d3:d6:e0:7b:37:97:cf:77:b0:de:ad:4a:47:ce:8c:96:49:5f:0a:cf:8c:ae:b2:6d:4b:8a:3f main |Example Mod |examplemod |3.0 |ERROR |Manifest: NOSIGNATURE |Forge |forge |38.0.17 |COMMON_SET|Manifest: NOSIGNATURE Crash Report UUID: a2d945ef-ef76-4bb1-ac09-f2b263e52519 FML: 38.0 Forge: net.minecraftforge:38.0.17 Mod Event with LocalPlayer: @SubscribeEvent public static void renderGameOverlay(RenderGameOverlayEvent.Post event) { if(!(Thread.currentThread().getThreadGroup() == SidedThreadGroups.SERVER)) { Minecraft mc = Minecraft.getInstance(); LocalPlayer player = mc.player; if (mc.gameMode.canHurtPlayer() && event.getType() == RenderGameOverlayEvent.ElementType.ALL) { ModRender renderer = new ModRender(Minecraft.getInstance()); renderer.renderToolbars(Minecraft.getInstance(), player); } } }  
    • That's because redstone doesn't use tile entities. It's all handled by blockstates. There's no way to achieve what you want as far as I know.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.