How do you make a world type in which there is End chunk generation, but with Nether or Overworld blocks?

meee39

It depends on how far you want to go with it. But basically you're creating your own custom world type and that would come along with everything else that a custom dimension might have, including custom chunk provider. Certainly you can copy most of the code from vanilla where it makes sense. But if you're really trying to do the "buffet" style you need to be able to do things like set the biome, control the noise generators and such.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

20 hours ago, meee39 said:

If I do copy the generation code is it likely the mod will be taken down for plagiarism?

Not really, although up to you to navigate potential legal concerns. My (totally non lawyer opinion) is that Mojang actually supports modding for the most part, they won't care unless you actually make a lot of money or they actually suffer significant money loss that they feel is owed, and lastly copyright does allow for copying portions for new creative purposes (like remixing, comedy, etc.) as well as for educational purposes, and lastly in programming there are a lot of things that are not really copyrightable since they are standard practice -- like a for loop that iterates through a bunch of block locations.

The part to be more careful about is the artistic assets (textures and sounds). They are more clearly copyrighted so re-distributing them as is could be a problem (although still there is provision for new creative purpose, comedy, educational purposes) so best is to not re-distribute but simply point to the existing assets if you want to use them.

If you're really concerned about it, then don't copy directly but use their code as a general guide for what needs to be done. Note you can also call their code and that isn't copyright violation. Like if they have a method in their generator that you want to use you can just call it (use reflection if you have to if it is not public scope).

Edited by jabelar

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/