[1.12.2] Custom Structure Loot Tables

lyghtningwither

Hi,

I am wondering how you do a loot table for your custom structure. I have tried looking through the Minecraft code and I have not found anything that helps me.

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

I like programming. I also have a lot of problems with programming. So I came here on this forum so that I could get my problems solved.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me on the forum! You will be appreciated.

After the chest in your structure is generated you need to get it tile entity using world.getTileEntity (you must know it position). Then you call it to TileEntityChest and at the final you need to use methods setLootTable and fillWithLoot.
Hope this will help you a bit, greetings!

Edited by Krevik

Only problem is, exactly how would I find the location of the chest?

I like programming. I also have a lot of problems with programming. So I came here on this forum so that I could get my problems solved.

It depends on how are you generating your structure. If it's done using .nbt file (structure block) then you have to personally count blocks from the structure start to chest pos.
Or less efficient way: you can make loop in loop in loop to check to check every block in your structure if it's chest block like:

for(int x=0;x<=structure.getSize().getX();x++){
	for(int y=0;y<=structure.getSize().getY();y++){
		for(int z=0;z<=structure.getSize().getZ();z++){
			BlockPos tmp = new BlockPos(structurePosIn.getX()+x,structurePosIn.getY()+y,structurePosIn.getZ()+z){
				if(world.getTileEntity(tmp)!=null){
					if(world.getTileEntity(tmp) instanceof TileEntityChest){
						TileEntityChest chest = (TileEntityChest)world.getTileEntity(tmp);
						//fill this chest with loot 
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

But this is not recommended to use this cause you're adding unnecessary math. Better to personally check where's the chest pos.

Edited by Krevik

For chest.fillWithLoot, what would you put as the "player" parameter?

null

• Haha 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Wait, it should be pretty easy. This is your own custom structure, right. So you're the one that places the chest block. The StructureComponent class has a generateChest() method that takes in a loot table parameter.

Or you can simply force the placement with something like:

worldIn.setBlockState(blockpos2, Blocks.CHEST.correctFacing(worldIn, blockpos, Blocks.CHEST.getDefaultState()), 2);
                            TileEntity tileentity1 = worldIn.getTileEntity(blockpos);

if (tileentity1 instanceof TileEntityChest)
                            {
                                ((TileEntityChest)tileentity1).setLootTable(LootTableList.CHESTS_SIMPLE_DUNGEON, rand.nextLong());
                            }

Of course you would adjust the loot to suit your needs.

Edited by jabelar

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

It said null and when I opened the chest it had nothing. It has given me no errors, no anything. I even used a custom loot table generator and it didn't work. Please help!!!

Here's my code:

public static void generateStructure(World world, BlockPos pos) {

MinecraftServer mcServer = world.getMinecraftServer();
		TemplateManager manager = worldServer.getStructureTemplateManager();
		ResourceLocation location = new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID, structureName);
		Template template = manager.get(mcServer, location);

if(template != null) {

IBlockState state = world.getBlockState(pos);
			world.notifyBlockUpdate(pos, state, state, 3);
			template.addBlocksToWorldChunk(world, pos, settings);
			for(int x = 0; x <= template.getSize().getX(); x++) {

for(int y = 0; y <= template.getSize().getY(); y++) {

for(int z = 0; z <= template.getSize().getZ(); z++){

BlockPos tmp = new BlockPos(pos.getX() + x, pos.getY() + y, pos.getZ() + z);

if(world.getTileEntity(tmp) != null){

TileEntityChest chest = (TileEntityChest) world.getTileEntity(tmp);
								chest.setLootTable(new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + ":hub_chest.json"), new Random(chest.getWorld().getSeed()).nextLong());
								chest.fillWithLoot(null);
							}
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}

OK, so I got NBTExplorer to look at the hub.nbt and it said the chest was located at x 2, y 1, and z 3. So I created a BlockPos of pos.getX() + 2, pos.getY() + 1, pos.getZ() + 3 (see above post for the pos variable). Here is my code:

BlockPos chestPos = new BlockPos(pos.getX() + 2, pos.getY() + 1, pos.getZ() + 3);
			TileEntity tileentity = world.getTileEntity(chestPos);

if(tileentity == null) {

Main.logger.info("There is no chest!!! Run away!!!");
				return;
			}

if(tileentity instanceof TileEntityChest) {

TileEntityChest tileEntityChest = (TileEntityChest) tileentity;
				tileEntityChest.setLootTable(new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + ":hub_chest.json"), new Random(world.getSeed()).nextLong());
				tileEntityChest.fillWithLoot(null);
			}

When I run the game, it says "There is no chest!!! Run away!!!" repeatedly. I don't know what's wrong.

And by the way, I tried running the loop in loop in loop code and it didn't work. I clearly have the loot table correctly named, as you can see in the attached image.

Yes, there is a chest in there. To prove it, I the second screenshot clearly shows a minecraft:chest in there.

Please help, and thank you in advance.

screenshot.JPG

screenshot2.JPG

Edited by lyghtningwither

6 hours ago, lyghtningwither said:

It said null and when I opened the chest it had nothing. It has given me no errors, no anything. I even used a custom loot table generator and it didn't work. Please help!!!

Here's my code:

public static void generateStructure(World world, BlockPos pos) {

MinecraftServer mcServer = world.getMinecraftServer();
		TemplateManager manager = worldServer.getStructureTemplateManager();
		ResourceLocation location = new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID, structureName);
		Template template = manager.get(mcServer, location);

if(template != null) {

for(int x = 0; x <= template.getSize().getX(); x++) {

for(int y = 0; y <= template.getSize().getY(); y++) {

for(int z = 0; z <= template.getSize().getZ(); z++){

BlockPos tmp = new BlockPos(pos.getX() + x, pos.getY() + y, pos.getZ() + z);

if(world.getTileEntity(tmp) != null){

TileEntityChest chest = (TileEntityChest) world.getTileEntity(tmp);
								chest.setLootTable(new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + ":hub_chest.json"), new Random(chest.getWorld().getSeed()).nextLong());
								chest.fillWithLoot(null);
							}
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}

I don't think the fillWithLoot(null) is really the right thing to do there. Vanilla generation just does the code I said -- sets the loot table. I think the fill with loot would happen later (probably when player actually opens the chest).

Edited by jabelar

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

How would this work? Would I use the event bus? If so, then what event would you use? Or would the chest automatically do it when you open it?

Edited by lyghtningwither

7 hours ago, lyghtningwither said:

How would this work? Would I use the event bus? If so, then what event would you use? Or would the chest automatically do it when you open it?

Putting loot can be also done without custom loot table. Do you must have loot table?

13 hours ago, lyghtningwither said:

OK, so I got NBTExplorer to look at the hub.nbt and it said the chest was located at x 2, y 1, and z 3. So I created a BlockPos of pos.getX() + 2, pos.getY() + 1, pos.getZ() + 3 (see above post for the pos variable). Here is my code:

BlockPos chestPos = new BlockPos(pos.getX() + 2, pos.getY() + 1, pos.getZ() + 3);
			TileEntity tileentity = world.getTileEntity(chestPos);

if(tileentity == null) {

Main.logger.info("There is no chest!!! Run away!!!");
				return;
			}

if(tileentity instanceof TileEntityChest) {

TileEntityChest tileEntityChest = (TileEntityChest) tileentity;
				tileEntityChest.setLootTable(new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + ":hub_chest.json"), new Random(world.getSeed()).nextLong());
				tileEntityChest.fillWithLoot(null);
			}

When I run the game, it says "There is no chest!!! Run away!!!" repeatedly. I don't know what's wrong.

And by the way, I tried running the loop in loop in loop code and it didn't work. I clearly have the loot table correctly named, as you can see in the attached image.

Yes, there is a chest in there. To prove it, I the second screenshot clearly shows a minecraft:chest in there.

Please help, and thank you in advance.

screenshot.JPG

screenshot2.JPG

Also about resource location:

shouldn't it be :

tileEntityChest.setLootTable(new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + ":chests/hub_chest"), new Random(world.getSeed()).nextLong());

?
or just

tileEntityChest.setLootTable(new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + ":hub_chest"), new Random(world.getSeed()).nextLong());

Edited by Krevik