Only dirt Minecraft world creation?

chadandersen1

Recently I've been interested in creating a mod pack, and my idea for the mod pack includes the need for an all-dirt world with no other block generation what-so-ever except for a layer of bedrock on the bottom. If all else fails I can do a super flat with 64 layers of dirt but I'd really like to use some terrain. I've looked at COFH World and Open Terrain Generator but I'm not sure if I can use either of these to do my world gen. I want absolutely no ores, no foliage, no modded structures, and no water/lava pools with a single biome, preferably plains. Is there a good way to make a world like this? I only need the world once, since I plan on using perfect spawn point mod and hardcore world reset to use the same save over and over. Any help would be appreciated, whether a mod can do this or just a save. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2018 at 12:30 PM, chadandersen1 said:

Recently I've been interested in creating a mod pack, and my idea for the mod pack includes the need for an all-dirt world with no other block generation what-so-ever except for a layer of bedrock on the bottom. If all else fails I can do a super flat with 64 layers of dirt but I'd really like to use some terrain. I've looked at COFH World and Open Terrain Generator but I'm not sure if I can use either of these to do my world gen. I want absolutely no ores, no foliage, no modded structures, and no water/lava pools with a single biome, preferably plains. Is there a good way to make a world like this? I only need the world once, since I plan on using perfect spawn point mod and hardcore world reset to use the same save over and over. Any help would be appreciated, whether a mod can do this or just a save. Thanks!

You’d probably want to use a core mod to modify Minecraft’s world generator to only generate dirt

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

5 hours ago, Cadiboo said:

core mod

Don't! Coremods should never be used.

I think you can do this by making your own world type and removing the other ones, making yours the only one available.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

I think it would be pretty easy. I've done this several times before for testing purposes. I made a tutorial for a single-biome custom dimension here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/p/minecraft-modding-custom-dimension.html

My tutorial links to full working example of a "cloud world" where all the terrain is built up of "cloud" blocks (on top of a layer of bedrock). I still do some feature, decoration and structure generation but it should be easy for you to figure out where that is happening and simply replace the code.

The general idea is that the chunk generator generates the terrain first as bedrock then a "filler block". You just need that to be dirt. Then in all the other "populate", and "decorate" methods you would just do nothing.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/