[1.12.2] Armor Stand Event [Solved]

Pixtar

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused: Isn't there any event that is triggered, if you interact with an armor stand? I want to detect, if somebody placed anything onto the stand.

Best regards,

Mike

Edited by Pixtar
Solved

Hi @jabelar

thanks for your hint. I wasn't aware of the PlayerInteractSpecific event.

The following code works like I needed it:

@SubscribeEvent
	public static void onPlayerInteractSpecific( EntityInteractSpecific event )
	{
		if( event.getTarget() instanceof EntityArmorStand )
		{
			event.setCanceled( true );
		}
	}

Best regards,
Mike

Hey @jabelar

do you know another - more dynamic - method to check if the Entity is an armor stand?

I want to get at the end the Item ID or Name of the Entity - as far as there is an item available for it. In this case it would be for example:

Item ID: 416

Name: minecraft:armor_stand

Best regards,
Mike

36 minutes ago, Pixtar said:

more dynamic

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

36 minutes ago, Pixtar said:

I want to get at the end the Item ID or Name of the Entity

Well if it is an Armor Stand you know that the item ID is from the forge registry, and you would get the name of the armor stand the same way you would for any other entity.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Hi @Animefan8888

examples in the form of source code are always a great help for people like me and others who are not much familiar with the depth of MC / Forge methods.

Finally I think I figured out how to get the Name of the Entity; may it be a help for others ^^:

@SubscribeEvent
	public static void onPlayerInteractSpecific( EntityInteractSpecific event )
	{
		Entity enti = event.getTarget();
		String[] entiSource = EntityList.getKey( enti ).toString().split( ":" );
		if( entiSource[0].equals("minecraft") && entiSource[1].equals("armor_stand") )
		{
			event.setCanceled( true );
		}
	}

With this code you are able to react - more dynamically - to the incoming target enity.

Best regards,
Mike

Edited by Pixtar

6 minutes ago, Pixtar said:

if( entiSource[0] == "minecraft" && entiSource[1] == "armor_stand" )

This is never going to evaluate to true. You should be using object#equals. And what about other mods that extend EntityArmorStand are you going to exclude them from what you want to do? Plus there is not much difference between what you are doing there and an instanceof check, except it will only confirm if it is the vanilla one in which you should just compare the classes. I.E.

if (enity.getClass() == EntityArmorStand.class) // DO STUFF

• Thanks 1

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Hi @Animefan8888

yes you're right: I missed like always "equals" .. a typical C++ disease ^^ (I've edited it.)

Yes, I agree with you, that from your point of view it's better to use "instanceof" or "getClass()", but if for example a user can configure the needed entity on its own via a config file - like in my case - your method won't work if he writes down:
s:entity=minecraft:armor_stand

Therefore I used at first the way I've written down in my previous post.

Any other solution or idea to "cast" that type of string from a config file back to "EntityArmorStand" or "EntityArmorStand.class" is appreciated.

Best regards,

Mike

2 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

there is not much difference between what you are doing there and an instanceof check

if (enity.getClass() == EntityArmorStand.class) // DO STUFF

You do know about instanceof so why did you not use instanceof?

if(entity instanceof EntityArmorStand) // DO STUFF

Edited by Draco18s

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

On 5/31/2018 at 9:10 AM, Draco18s said:

You do know about instanceof so why did you not use instanceof?

I was saying that an easier way of achieving what he currently has(checking for an armor stand without including child classes) it would be easier to do a class check instead of the String comparisons.