A Forge or a SpongeForge server ?

Hello everybody !

I would like to tell you that I don't speak good English and that there may be some mistakes. I am so sorry.

I would like to create a Minecraft server with plugins and mods. I would like to know if it is possible to create the same thing that can be created with plugins but with Forge (mod version).
If it's possible, what's the best way to create a server ? I use SpongeForge (mods and plugins) or Forge (mod only) ?

Thank you very much !

Yes anything that a plugin can do forge can do, it just comes down to if someone already has made a mod for it, or if you are willing to make a mod yourself.

Although sponge forge is compatible with plugins you can't use most plugins unless they specify they are compatible with sponge.

In the end it comes down to which one meets more of your requirements.

If you can find everything you need in forge mods use forge.

if you find forge mods and a couple of sponge plugins you want and don't want to make them into mods use sponge.

Hope this helped.