How to register TileEntity in 1.12?

MineDen

Today I copied and edited furnace tileentity and then started testing. But now I have "TileEntity is missing a mapping! This is a bug!" exception. In 1.9 I can fix it by registering TE with GameRegistry.registerTileEntity(...) but in 1.12 I should use RegistryEvents and here is described types of events, and there is no TileEntity! So how I can register my TE?

Edited by MineDen

5 minutes ago, V0idWa1k3r said:

It's still GameRegistry#registerTileEntity. Use the overload which takes a ResourceLocation as the second argument though.

Okay, I'll try this.
UPD: there is no overloads, only string. Is this should be like "testmod:my_tileentity"?

Edited by MineDen

If there are no overloads then you are using a forge version which doesn't have that introduced. In the newer version GameRegistry#registerTileEntity(Class<? extends TileEntity> tileEntityClass, String key) is deprecated with a comment that it'll be removed in 1.13. 

9 minutes ago, V0idWa1k3r said:

If there are no overloads then you are using a forge version which doesn't have that introduced. In the newer version GameRegistry#registerTileEntity(Class<? extends TileEntity> tileEntityClass, String key) is deprecated with a comment that it'll be removed in 1.13. 

Also I want to open furnace GUI but it doesn't open. Here is my code:

Block:

public boolean onBlockActivated(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, EntityPlayer playerIn, EnumHand hand, EnumFacing facing, float hitX, float hitY, float hitZ) {
        if (worldIn.isRemote) {
            return true;
        } else {
            TileEntity tileentity = worldIn.getTileEntity(pos);

if (tileentity instanceof TileEntityFurnace) {
                playerIn.displayGUIChest((TileEntityFurnace) tileentity);
                playerIn.addStat(TestMod.CHEMICAL_LABORATORY_INTERACT);
            }

return true;
        }
    }

TileEntity:

@Nonnull
    public String getGuiID() {
        return "minecraft:furnace";
    }

@Nonnull
    public Container createContainer(@Nonnull InventoryPlayer playerInventory, @Nonnull EntityPlayer playerIn) {
        return new ContainerFurnace(playerInventory, this);
    }

Use IGuiHandler with EntityPlayer#openGui(Object mod, int modGuiId, World world, int x, int y, int z) for your custom GUIs. Your solution will open a gui/container pair of a vanilla furnace which is likely not what you want. If you do want that you can

• Still use IGuiHandler. Just return vanilla's ContainerFurnace and GuiFurnace in corresponding methods.
  • Make sure that your TE implements IInteractionObject. I do not see Override annotations in your code(Code-style issue #2)

42 minutes ago, V0idWa1k3r said:

Use IGuiHandler with EntityPlayer#openGui(Object mod, int modGuiId, World world, int x, int y, int z) for your custom GUIs. Your solution will open a gui/container pair of a vanilla furnace which is likely not what you want. If you do want that you can

• Still use IGuiHandler. Just return vanilla's ContainerFurnace and GuiFurnace in corresponding methods.
  • Make sure that your TE implements IInteractionObject. I do not see Override annotations in your code(Code-style issue #2)

Oh, I forgot that my TE doesn't extend TileEntityFurnace, and I also forgot to change checking in block code!